Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
taniwha

Absent in time ... unsolved memory loss

9 posts in this topic

Hi I will keep this brief as possible,

Me and my friend went on a working holiday in a town once known the world over for its gold. It was raining a storm, so, just as light was fading, rather than pitch tents we sheltered in an old cob hut.

A cob hut is built of clay/ straw bricks, and this one had already weathered well over a hundred years.

There was no power or water. We ate by candlelight.

After a bite we studied more carefully the strange symbols drawn on one of the inside walls, the oddest of which was circular design with outer symbols, bird like glyphs and blackbird feathers and incense sticks poking out of it... we had fun interpreting that the artist was a Dreamcatcher, a Birdman a Warlock and more than likely completely mad.... who might walk through the door any minute. There was plenty of evidence that this hut was also his home.

We laughed ourselves into a restless sleep.

Next day was perfect. We set up camp above the river then headed into town for supplies.

However we were stopped and questioned by police about another matter, we were interviewed seperately... It turned out it was just a case of mistaken identity and were let go.

Here is the weird bit, we drove away a bit annoyed reliving the moment ....

" Hey, ya know I answered everything, but when he asked where we stayed last night I just couldnt remember...."

" Yeah neither could I .... all I said was we camped at the river... what about you?...."

" Yeah well, I told him the same thing.... :unsure2:...Anyway... where did we stay last night?...."

A thoughtful moment later we turned to look at each other...

" The Birdman!!!"

Of course we laughed louder than before.

We both had our memory slip ... we both guessed that we had stayed in our tents ... We both told the police that lol.

It was like being absent in time, a truly peculiar feeling.

Maybe our memories were manipulated by some psychic force or energy? Is there such things as a memory field?

Can our memories be so emptied and replaced?

If this is possible how do we safeguard our minds?

There are many other thoughts that could be considered.

What do you think ?.....Have you had a similar experience you would like to share ... maybe you can offer some clues.

Cheers thanks for reading.

2 people like this

:tu:

yeah ... plenty of similar experiences though not the kind I'd like to remember ... :)

~

I'm assuming this happened here in NZ?

Where?

I'm assuming this happened here in NZ?

Where?

Hi Professor yes this was in Cromwell, have you ever been there?

Funny thinking back I now wonder if there were psychic energy forces or not ?

If there were it begs the question, to what end were our minds hacked ? Is memory cloaking possible? Am I thinking this from the wrong angle?

I really would like to know some answers about this that is why I posted. Your never to old to learn as they say.

:tu:

yeah ... plenty of similar experiences though not the kind I'd like to remember ... :)

~

Yes Third Eye I think I understand. Some things are best left unsaid. Thanks for your reply.

1 person likes this

If there were it begs the question, to what end were our minds hacked ? Is memory cloaking possible? Am I thinking this from the wrong angle?

I really would like to know some answers about this that is why I posted. Your never to old to learn as they say.

Yes, I've been there..

I walked down to the lake-front, visited the old-township (the part that wasn't flooded)..

Most of the old township was flooded when the Clyde Dam was built, and it probably still there under the water..

There was an old school, and another very old building that were partially submerged, sunken, slowly being sucked into the depths..

Though at the time of my visit I wasn't spiritual at all, there was still that unknown sense of history or memory that lingers in forgotten or abandoned places.. Energy amplified by water..

I dunno about ones memory being hacked.. It seems more like some memories or energy wanting to emerge.

Hmmm, edited to add: dunno why, but I've been shown that time and the flow of water can be interlinked somehow. A pause in still waters can allow time to flow on without you.. feet above still water, stone... allowing time to flow without you.

Meh, that doesn't make sense, but I'll plonk it here anyway..

Edited by Professor T
1 person likes this

Yes its possible..

I'm more curious about what the police wanted and why they were out there.

Some scenarios come to mind and i hope you know there is no way of ever proving this but simply getting some knowledge from those who can either sense or recognise what occurred.... If this area is sacred ground it could point to a portal/vortex, that is one scenario. You would then be entertaining the possibility that there was a time warp / slip and that makes the police enquiry all the more interesting. Even the hut as your found it may have been there for some other reason than what your assuming. but the police what were they wanting ?

Yes, I've been there..

I walked down to the lake-front, visited the old-township (the part that wasn't flooded)..

Most of the old township was flooded when the Clyde Dam was built, and it probably still there under the water..

There was an old school, and another very old building that were partially submerged, sunken, slowly being sucked into the depths..

Though at the time of my visit I wasn't spiritual at all, there was still that unknown sense of history or memory that lingers in forgotten or abandoned places.. Energy amplified by water..

I dunno about ones memory being hacked.. It seems more like some memories or energy wanting to emerge.

Hmmm, edited to add: dunno why, but I've been shown that time and the flow of water can be interlinked somehow. A pause in still waters can allow time to flow on without you.. feet above still water, stone... allowing time to flow without you.

Meh, that doesn't make sense, but I'll plonk it here anyway..

Dont forget all the delicious fruit :-* ! Sadly most of the apricot orchards that were above lake level have now been uprooted in favour of vineyards, but cherries still thrive.

Water and time ? Interesting. The Earth herself, perhaps sending psychic frequencies...? Interfering with our memory channel...? I have never heard of this, I wont pretend

to understand or even pretend that that is what you mean, but lets just say I have an open mind. Any possible explanation is a breath of fresh air. Thanks Professor.

1 person likes this

Yes its possible..

I'm more curious about what the police wanted and why they were out there.

Some scenarios come to mind and i hope you know there is no way of ever proving this but simply getting some knowledge from those who can either sense or recognise what occurred.... If this area is sacred ground it could point to a portal/vortex, that is one scenario. You would then be entertaining the possibility that there was a time warp / slip and that makes the police enquiry all the more interesting. Even the hut as your found it may have been there for some other reason than what your assuming. but the police what were they wanting ?

Hi Blu the answer to your question seems mundane but in a nutshell; a house, also on the river outskirts had been broken into, gear was stolen, coincidentally the same night we had arrived. On our journey looking for a campsite the next morning, we found a straying dog on the road and innocently enough took it to this house, in hope of reuniting it with his master. It didnt belong to that person, and he called the police when we left. People can be strange in that neck of the woods.

You raise some good points... I wonder if the house was being used for ritual... you know the symbols and whatnot...? Can people effectively cast spells of protection over land or possessions?

Oh yeah do you refer to memory cloaking as being possible?

Edited by taniwha