Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Python Kills Security Guard At Bali Hotel

Still Waters

A security guard has been killed by a python outside a luxury hotel on the resort island of Bali.

Agung Bawa, assistant security manager at the Bali Hyatt hotel in the Sanur area of the Indonesian island said the man had spotted the snake crossing a road.

http://uk.news.yahoo...46.html#Bdytb2l

• Like 1

watched one too many 'reality' documentaries and without enough common sense ...

RIP Agung Bawa ... and the python too ... soon enough I suspect ...

~

• Like 4

While this is sad it was to be expected really. Even those who have good experience handling snakes have to always be on their guard. If the Python is found then I don't think that any harm should be inflicted upon it, as it clearly felt threatened, and was only doing what came naturally. I don't even like snakes but you've got to be honest and fair.

• Like 1

I and a friend wrestled a five maybe six foot python once ... got my left leg from thigh to calf black and blue for weeks ... had to keep both hands on the head ... and it had free reign to constrict on my leg ... my friend could not get it free from my leg once it got a hold, had to wait till it tire out and that took about an hour ... almost made me think twice about letting it go miles away from the village ... those buggers are strong ... I imagine a fifteen footer would've crushed and broke a few bones on me ... I'm just a small fella ...

~

• Like 1

I and a friend wrestled a five maybe six foot python once ... got my left leg from thigh to calf black and blue for weeks ... had to keep both hands on the head ... and it had free reign to constrict on my leg ... my friend could not get it free from my leg once it got a hold, had to wait till it tire out and that took about an hour ... almost made me think twice about letting it go miles away from the village ... those buggers are strong ... I imagine a fifteen footer would've crushed and broke a few bones on me ... I'm just a small fella ...

~

Just to make it clear I didn't like the part where you were almost killed by a python, I liked the fact that you survived.

• Like 1

Just to make it clear I didn't like the part where you were almost killed by a python, I liked the fact that you survived.

Oh ... the tears I did shed ... :lol:

Nahhh ... I was never in any danger of dying ... the bugger put up a big fight as to be expected ... I almost yielded and thought of killing it ...

I will step out on a limb here and say that it was as if it 'knew' what I was thinking ... as soon as I made the decision to hold on a while longer instead of killing it ... it started to loosen its grip ... and all it took was just myself alone a simple lift and toss into a gunny sack ... whereas before the two of us could hardly hold it in place ...

I still believe it knew ... somehow I had no intention of killing it ...

~ :)

• Like 1

I am reading this just as there is a documentary on man eating Burmese pythons on tv. Lol.

• Like 1

I used to handle a couple of nine-foot Burmese. First thing, if you don't know what you're doing, leave it be. Second, don't handle alone. Third, if you see someone in trouble, DON'T JUST STAND THERE!

Checking my faith in humanity here. :cry:

Having the best intention is good, but it doesn't really matter, if you have no experience handling snakes. Long-term experience doesn't even guarantee one's safety, but at least with the latter the person/people involved are aware of how best to approach the snake, and what's necessary to do if the plan does not work out as hoped and expected.

It is sad that the man lost his life the way that he did, and all because he was trying to help those nearby, but it's really no surprise. The Python no doubt felt very threatened and reacted naturally. If it is found then I think that it should be kept as far away from humans as possible, but in no way harmed, as it wasn't really at fault.

• Like 1