Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange creature filmed in forests of Oregon

Still Waters

A strange creature was apparently spotted by an adventurer hiking in Oregon, USA, on Dec. 2nd, 2013. What are the odds this is actually real? What do you think? And why does it seem to wave at us 17 seconds in?

http://uk.screen.yah...-164529876.html

• Like 3

Dang, I know this is from something but I can't place it. I dunno if it's viral marketing or someone having fun with some video editing software.

• Like 2

So they - whoever was filming just let that man on the bike ride right past it without warning him? And he didn't see it but just rode on by? Meh, I don't think so.

Fun clip though, thanks SW.

• Like 2

I hate to be that guy but there's a part in the video that stands out as CGI to me. When the video is zoomed in and the creature turns to the left of the screen, it sort of looks like it just pivots on the spot. Like twisting a 3D model.

• Like 6

I hate to be that guy but there's a part in the video that stands out as CGI to me. When the video is zoomed in and the creature turns to the left of the screen, it sort of looks like it just pivots on the spot. Like twisting a 3D model.

It's been a while, but it reminds me of one of those character models from Warcraft.
  • Like 1

Pretty amazing what people expect us to believe. My first thought was that it looked like an animated display in some museum, cut and pasted into the video, but I wouldn't argue against CG.

Definitely a case of CGI. The creature model is much 'brighter' than the surroundings and weather would allow it to be. Also, it's movement and posture are not in accordance with gravity, physics and biomechanics.

It's a well done amateur clip, but that's all.

• Like 4

Never minding how it looks, I wouldn't imagine it was real because it's just kinda flailing its arms about. A creature would be doing something purposeful: picking things up, eating, grooming.

Must be fun to make this kinda stuff though.

• Like 3

Well now, if you were seeing something this incredible in the woods, how come youre not saying "OMG" or stronger variations that rhyme with duck? Not much camera shaking either, BUT... was it such a 'ordinary sighting' that the cameraman casually pans away to capture....a cyclist? Who else would do that if seeing a creature in the woods?

heres a YT version for those who dont enjoy 30 second ads

• Like 4

The original uploader of this has plenty of CGI and SFX videos on his channel, leads me to believe this is no different, i mean the guy has a video of Alduin (Fictional dragon from TES franchise) flying over UK.

No credibility

Fake

http://www.youtube.com/user/O7TV?feature=watch

• Like 1

its a crouching action figure of PREDATOR which then was enlarged using cgi, the action figure of predator... arms comes out and rotates and waves.

The original uploader of this has plenty of CGI and SFX videos on his channel, leads me to believe this is no different, i mean the guy has a video of Alduin (Fictional dragon from TES franchise) flying over UK.

No credibility

Fake

http://www.youtube.c...V?feature=watch

And from that link we find AudioColorWorld... say no more, we have had a few of their vids posted here recently, and yes, total cgi fakers... who seem to release a new vid every other week.. :td:

• Like 4

The creature never unbends it's legs and who rides a bike that smoothly down an overgrown riverbank? I might guess cgi!

• Like 1

At least its new and fun to watch ! Keep making these clips man ! Keeps us on our toes !