Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The moon - a witness to earth history

outoftheworld

I was looking up at the moon this morning and i thought `wow` can we even begin to imagine the things that it has seen happen on earth? from the extinction of the dinosaurs to past massive explosions from comets, to a few milleniums ago when the `gods` used earth like a playground, coming and going en masse..

The moon has has basically had a front row ticket (albeit from a safe distance) to everything that has happened on earth.

We do not even know a fraction of the human time line here on earth, its unreal how much of a missing link there is... i wish the moon could talk.....

maybe it was even visited millions of years ago by civilsations too

Anyway i think so many people forget that when we look at the moon.. we are looking at something which in space terms is literally across the street, no, less than that, its literally like next door... and it has seen so much.

Imagine millions of years ago when the moon was even closer, those huge moon rises.. with dinosaurs everywhere, it must have been insane...

I tell you what, those none poluted clouds and skies and waters must have been beautiful like something out of a picture book

Anyway, replies would be great

Edited by outoftheworld
  • Like 1

If we are going to credit a round sphere of rock with being a "witness" to history on earth then it seems to me the front row seat for earth's history would be earth itself - just saying.

If we are going to credit a round sphere of rock with being a "witness" to history on earth then it seems to me the front row seat for earth's history would be earth itself - just saying.

nope, because when earth has had its extinctions/ or mini extinctions be it covered in ice/ water/ lava etc..

the moon is always safely high above watching

Imagine millions of years ago when the moon was even closer, those huge moon rises.. with dinosaurs everywhere, it must have been insane...

During the dinosaur age (approx. 65 to 230MY ago) the moons distance to earth was approx. 10.000km//2.500km smaller than today.

Based on today’s moon perigee of 384Kkm, these values are a percental difference of just 3,8 to 0,9%. These small values did not

created “huge” visual moon rises, so the visual effect was like the same as on moon rises nowadays.

...the moon is always safely high above watching

The moon cannot watch anything due to missing sensor systems to do so.

The moon cannot watch anything due to missing sensor systems to do so.

it is not quite ok to pretend we know what is inside or with the moon ..even if you are the moon :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3zTTu8Y4mI

Even if there are some belowgrounded alien TV stations on the moon, the moon itself isn´t watching us.

Logic is doing the trick.

Edited by toast

I never though about it the moon has been here as long as the earth .the moon have seen some cool stuff