Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious pentagram appears in Aktau

Still Waters

A new Google maps mystery has appeared to rack our brains. A five-pointed star or a mysterious pentagram is 200 meters (656 feet) in diameter and is situated somewhere near Aktau and Akshukur village, Tengrinews reports referring to Lada.

The symbol etched on uninhabited lands of Western Kazakhstan can be found at +43°43'46.07'' +51°07'43.02'' on the Google Maps.

http://en.tengrinews...-in-Aktau-24905

• Like 3

crop circles are out. Crop *pentagrams* are in!

It certainly looks very geometric.

PENTACLE+APPLE.jpg

Cut an apple in half and you can see a pentagram shape at the core; also many flowers are 5 pointed but never have I seen anything as geometric as that in nature (5 fold that is). Six fold maybe yes, for example with a snowflake when examined closely.

That bears investigation sometime.

Edited by zoser

I have mixed feelings about this. But I don't think anything "special" is going on.

PENTACLE+APPLE.jpg

Is other fruit like that? The authors of genesis or Snow White might have noticed that apples are evil at the core and geometry...scapegoats.

• Like 1

Is other fruit like that? The authors of genesis or Snow White might have noticed that apples are evil at the core and geometry...scapegoats.

Just a caution there Mark.

I've done some research into this symbol; if something turns up in nature I would be careful about labelling it as evil.

In my experience it is always why things are used and in what context that makes something evil. The pentagram obviously does turn up in nature.

Yellow-and-Green-Starfruit-colors-34704523-1600-1200.jpg

starfish2.jpg

etc.

In general when the symbol is used by man, check the orientation. Pointing down the symbol turns up in black magic. Pointing up is the correct orientation and does not or should not imply anything sinister.

pentagram07.jpg

The human being has an obvious 5 fold system. There is much much more that could be said.

I'll leave you to research the rest.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

The pentagram is used in many religions. In the Pagan religion, the worship of gods and goddesses in nature, the pentagram is used to symbolize the sacred feminine, whom they worshiped as a goddess. The goddess Venus' symbol is a pentagram, which symbolizes fertility and the source of life. The pentagram is used in Christianity as a symbol of evil. In history when Christians viewed Paganism as an evil religion, they oppressed them. Later in the fourth century after Christianity was spreading through the world, the Roman Emporer Constantine the Great wanted to merge the two religions of Paganism and Christianity. Many of the symbols of Paganism became part of Christianity. For example, the weekly day of rest and worship changed from the traditional Saturday sabbath to Sunday, the Pagan day of worship. The Pagans worshiped the sun, which is why it is called Sunday.

There was later a writing of the bible during Constantine's reign and there were several gospels that were submitted, many of which highlighted Christ's human qualities. The high counsel, the guys who arranged the books, wanted to highlight Christ's immortality. The other gospels told of Jesus' wife, Mary Magdalene who descended from the House of Benjamin, and how they had a daughter. The counsel omitted those gospels and kept Jesus' love life a secret, for it was too human, and told of Mary Magdalene as a prostitute instead of royalty. There are several secret Pagan societies that keep her gospel alive and care for Mary Magdalene's bloodline, which happens to be the holy grail.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, and if you want more info, ask me. I will be glad to talk.

• Like 2

That was sarcasm because the apple was used to represent evil several times.

In history you mean? I didn't know that.

Also I have heard that certain people used the pentagram as a talisman. Napoleon and Henry 8th were the two that I heard. Whether that can be verified or not I'm not sure.

On a personal note I never draw one upside down. Suspicion or not it just doesn't feel right to me.

In general the symbol as far as I am aware has been used either to summon or to protect.

In the esoteric writings I have it explains;

'With the pentagram comes a warning - never should it be used with knowledge and a mistake made'.

Make of that what you will.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Someone expressing their political allegiance. And, certainly easier to make than a hammer and sickle.

Huh?

The five-pointed star or pentagram is one of the most potent, powerful, and persistent symbols in human history. It has been important to almost every ancient culture, from the Mayans of Latin America, to India, China, Greece, and Egypt. It has been found scratched on the walls of Neolithic caves, and in Babylonian drawings, where it marks the pattern the planet Venus makes on its travels- a secret symbol of the Goddess Ishtar. Scriptures, especially Hebrew, are abundant with references to pentagrams. So, why does this symbol have such a sinister reputation today?
  • symbol dictionary link

The Pentagram is an ancient symbol from ancient knowledge ... was never linked to anything 'evil' till organised religion subverted and oppressed human wisdom ~

~edit : text formatting

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• symbol dictionary link

The Pentagram is an ancient symbol from ancient knowledge ... was never linked to anything 'evil' till organised religion subverted and oppressed human wisdom ~

~edit : text formatting

Hence inverting the pentagram in black magic. That ties in with my understanding.

"a five-sided pentagram"? ....... redundant much?

Image7.gif

Explain??

^ @ Speaker of Floydese

Just so you know, there are already threads here on that specific topic.

Exactly what I was going to say, turns out some are SAM missile bases. The last one posted turned out to be a theme park

"However the conspiracy theory was proved wrong, when archeologist Emma Usmanova told LiveScience that the pentagram was an outline of a park created sometime in the 70s. Star-shaped parks were not unusual for the Soviets as the symbol was popular"

pentagram.png

but never have I seen anything as geometric as that in nature

The pentagram obviously does turn up in nature.

Yellow-and-Green-Starfruit-colors-34704523-1600-1200.jpg

make your mind up then

• Like 2

Is other fruit like that?

sort of

367911704_e1510a4157_m.jpg

Hence inverting the pentagram in black magic. That ties in with my understanding.

Explain??

A pentagram is by definition of 5 points. Penta = 5

So to say a 5-sided pentagram, te 5-sided part is redundant.

Also, yes the pentagram is a very famous symbol, very mainstream symbolising quintescence. 4 elements ruled over by Spirit.

If it is inverted it means the subjugation of Spirit by the 4 elements.

The 4 elements (earth, wind, water, fire) are symbols of Alchemy

• Like 2

A pentagram is by definition of 5 points. Penta = 5

So to say a 5-sided pentagram, te 5-sided part is redundant.

Also, yes the pentagram is a very famous symbol, very mainstream symbolising quintescence. 4 elements ruled over by Spirit.

If it is inverted it means the subjugation of Spirit by the 4 elements.

The 4 elements (earth, wind, water, fire) are symbols of Alchemy

I agree with your points but I'm not clear what you are debating?

Quintessence yes.

If you want to know how that works, in conjunction with the law of 4 (and with examples), I have studied the writings; let me know.

You are correct about the inversion by the way.

So what do you think the symbol signifies in human terms?

It would be interesting to see if your sources tally with mine.

Edited by zoser

I agree with your points but I'm not clear what you are debating?

Quintessence yes.

If you want to know how that works, in conjunction with the law of 4 (and with examples), I have studied the writings; let me know.

You are correct about the inversion by the way.

So what do you think the symbol signifies in human terms?

It would be interesting to see if your sources tally with mine.

Im not debating anything, I just said it was redundant and someone asked me to explain why.

Now in Alchemy:

Fire = Will

Water = Emotions

Air = Thought

Earth = corporeality

(Roughly)

= 4

All these are joined in the human psyche which I think is what you mean in human terms. All symbolic of course

My sources stem from the Golden Dawn, But this is just basic stuff, 101.

Edited by Black Magic
  • Like 1

Well I can say that it is not a SAM site as they are not so perfectly laid out like that, they are quite irregular and have a clear command post in the middle and the "points" of the site are certainly not pointed, as a missile or gun emplacement is at the ends, and is very obvious. In this general area the only SAM sites are to the South of Aktau and are new missiles sites, two of them, and not the very old fashioned "pentagram" type. In the area of this pentagram, which is supposed to be between Aktau and Akshukyr to the north, is only an EW site near Aktau airport. I cannot find this "pentagram", but would suggest it is yet another Soviet star.

If anybody found this pentagram, it would be appreciated if you could take a screenshot which includes the area around the pentagram as the photo given on the site is useless, it could be anywhere...

Edited by Kaa-Tzik