Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

clear alien artifact on mars

outoftheworld

okay usually i ignore threads about rocks on mars and moon but this is different

this is not a rock it is clear as daylight that this is an artificial object

like an antena or something i do not know

it hasnt fallen off the rover either, or the tracks would be next to it

i think this may be the holy grail

here is the image if you click it, an enlarged version comes up

shiny-mars-hood-ornament-rock-curiosity-rover.jpg?1360693705

What is the source for this "Mars" photo? Would like to know if it's authentic first ....

Thank you , i've ben saying this in numerous other postings and a very few keep arguing to be nothing but a rock shaped by the wind. Nasa's refusal to investigate closer this potential artefact was infuriating me to the point i stopped believing in the sole points of the mission :(

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

okay usually i ignore threads about rocks on mars and moon but this is different

So where is this artificial thing?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 4

It is accepted as truth that ventifacts exist commonly on Earth and Mars. There is no definite proof that alien artifacts exist... on Earth, let alone Mars.

• Like 2

Could it be part of the rover?

• Like 1

Questions that need to be asked first:

Is this actually Mars? Or a photo from Death Valley run through a filter?

If its indeed Mars, where specifically, if this came from a legitimate source its reasonable to expect that coordinates were provided.

Did this come from a legitimate source? And by that, I mean at the very least not one of those woo sites that post every amateur Adobe AfterEffects UFO.

All of these must be taken into consideration before any solid conclusion to the said photo can be made.

This is an image of mars from the official nasa website, it was in the papers in February of this year as nothing more than a rock formation. Summit to do with wind blowing against the rock not my strong suit :-(

http://tinyurl.com/ne25jlw

• Like 1

I thought he was talking about the thing at the bottom which looks more like an antenna

• Like 1

It's an interesting looking rock inclusion, granted - but it's just a lump of harder rock in softer sedimentary rock. The sandblasting winds erode the sandstone away leaving that fragment precariously poised until the supporting material eventually lets it fall.

Page here from JPL, also a PDF about 'ventifacts'..

I think a 'clear alien artifact' would look a tad more impressive than a slightly shiny bit of meteor, but maybe I just have ridiculously high standards.. Try a Google search on 'ventifacts' for some earthly examples.

• Like 6

Yeh been posted a few times, and as per Chrlzs, its natural. (And of course as per NASA themselves!!). You need to remember, Mars has been dead longer than it was alive, so to speak, there is a chance microbes may have started life but no chance life, like us for example, or even similar, ever developed.. so if we 'ever' find evidence of past/present life on Mars, it will be microscopic and certainly unable to construct anything.

Of course this isnt to say that other races from other planets haven't been there, built bases, and left artefacts :lol: bwahaha

7806818400_93a550a03c.jpg

Just kidding about other races from other planets!

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

I see the head of an outdoor type tap. Maybe some pipes below the sand

When i look at a photo of my hallway i see a face resembling Jesus Christ in the wall. Doesn't mean Jesus is trapped in a wall in UK. Our eyes are unreliable in the end i see a Martian rock eroded away by the ravages of time....and nothing more.

:-)

• Like 1

I see the head of an outdoor type tap. Maybe some pipes below the sand

Keep staring and thinking and your mind will make into many other things too, its what our minds DO...to try make sense of the world

mars-metal.jpg

And remember that NASA, like the rest of us, ARE LOOKING for any signs of life even though it will the next rover in 2020 that will do that explicitly

NASA's Next Mars Rover Will Search for Signs of Life

http://www.space.com/21901-nasa-mars-rover-2020-life-signs.html

I never understand why people think NASA would hide evidence of life, i mean isent that one of the reasons there out there. Wouldn't hurt there funding if they did find something also lo.

• Like 3

I never understand why people think NASA would hide evidence of life, i mean isent that one of the reasons there out there. Wouldn't hurt there funding if they did find something also lo.

Ive said it before and will say it again. If and when life is discovered, it will not be hushed up. NASA have probes/telescopes in space ACTIVELY SEARCHING for evidence of life on other planets. Fortunately, Mars is one planet we can reach and has a surface that can be explored. And for the benefit of the more junior members who may not remember, The President of the USA, Clinton, addressed the world on live TV, when they thought they found evidence of life in a Martian meteorite!

YES it was all over the worlds TV and in the papers, and it was The President, who made that announcement!! So, cover up - my ass :tu:

President Clinton Statment Regarding Mars Meteorite Discovery

http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/clinton.html

• Like 9

I don't understand the people who think that NASA hides stuff but still releases the photos with all the "hidden" stuff on it.

If people are suspicious of an organisation it's usually for a very good reason. Gary McKinnon's claims remember have never been debunked, explained or denied. The same for Donna Hare, Wolfe and a dozen others.

Whether the organisation has reformed in recent years time will tell. The onus is firmly on the organisation if it wishes to be known as totally trustworthy.

• Like 1

Keep staring and thinking and your mind will make into many other things too, its what our minds DO...to try make sense of the world

mars-metal.jpg

And remember that NASA, like the rest of us, ARE LOOKING for any signs of life even though it will the next rover in 2020 that will do that explicitly

http://www.space.com...life-signs.html

Yep, our minds just love making sense of the abstract - with hilarious results sometimes. For instance, this close up and more blurry version you have here - looks like a hand sticking up out of the rock holding a pair of sunglasses :o

• Like 2

Yep, our minds just love making sense of the abstract - with hilarious results sometimes. For instance, this close up and more blurry version you have here - looks like a hand sticking up out of the rock holding a pair of sunglasses :o

Or vitrified rock even.

:clap:

mars-metal.jpg

http://www.space.com/21901-nasa-mars-rover-2020-life-signs.html

I am sticking to my theory. That's an outdoor fawcet supplying water to thr colony living below the surface.

• Like 1

I am sticking to my theory. That's an outdoor fawcet supplying water to thr colony living below the surface.

Makes sense.

What we call in the UK a 'Stand Pipe'. Used in times when the mains water supply is interrupted.

Makes sense because Mars has been dry now for as long as we can tell.

I'm going with that theory too; the Martians never did have the tech to vitrify rock.

Just curious ; is it Andesite by the way?

:D

Edited by zoser

hey, sorry ive been away since i posted this, is there a raw image of high quality that maybe shows more, because when i try to zoom into the picture i posted, its very blurry

An outdoor fawcet supplying water from where exactly to an underground colony?
  • Like 2