Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Modern day demigods

Nighthawk9653

We've all heard of Hercules, and maybe some of us the hero Jason and his team of argonauts, they were demigods. Sent out on dangerous quests. Not completely human, but do they still exist?

The Wikipedia~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demigod

They were spoken a lot about in old myths and stories, but are they only stories? Could demigods exist today?

I'm just going to say this now. I don't think humans know a lot of the world, and I really want to discuss this, so I'd appreciate if people maybe consider the idea.

Anyways, what do you think?

• Like 2

My problem with Demi Gods is it assumes there are Gods at all. Demigod being Half - God im not even sure there's a whole god ^^. So the idea that Demigods walk the earth for myself seems like a no go. Also what interest would a Demigod have in earth? Why come here and what purpose?

• Like 3

demi gods only exists if you believe in them, and i only know 1 major religion in the 21st century who believes in the demi gods... Hinduism... Vishnu, shiva, krishna..........

Yes. We walk amongst you.

• Like 3

demi gods only exists if you believe in them, and i only know 1 major religion in the 21st century who believes in the demi gods... Hinduism... Vishnu, shiva, krishna..........

Well, Hinduism is not a religion. It's more of a culture, an idea created by the Hindu and their way of life for centuries. And if I'm right, in the Hindu mythology Shiva and Krishna are Gods, not just demi.. right?

Edited by Euryleia
  • Like 2

Most if not all the Hindu Pantheon of 'Gods' are believed to be different facets or aspects of ONE divine entity ~

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, Hinduism is not a religion. It's more of a culture, an idea created by the Hindu and their way of life for centuries. And if I'm right, in the Hindu mythology Shiva and Krishna are Gods, not just demi.. right?

No, it's one of the largest and most ancient religions in history.

Pharaoh Ramsey's believed he was physically descended from the sun god, Ra. So that would make him a demigod.

I was just watching this show on gods and aliens, and they were talking about all these great rulers that claimed to be descended from a god, the child of a god, or believed themselves to be a god.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

• Like 1

Half-alien half-human would probably be more reasonbly found....but if they look human, how would you tell them apart?

And I agree with Vaise, you have to prove the existence of a God, before you can prove the existence of a demi-god.

• Like 2

• 9 years later...

I think a lot, probably way too much. But I’m so happy to have found this, even though I’m ten years late. 

But I believe that there are more demigods than we (or they) might think.  Tbh, Jesus himself would’ve been one of those. 
he was killed in this body but didn’t seem to mind because he wanted to save us, but knew he would help more gone from here. 
There’s Hercules, and Medusa, Hades, so many more. I’ve always know the stories that aren’t often talked about are darker than we care to know. 
what I believe the most, is that any demigod here has very many tests to pass to get back to wherever we might go. It’s not a heaven, it certainly can’t be a hell because real life is hell. 
What I find the most confusing is the fact that demigods can live multiple lives in this planet. But how much less percentage of a god stays? Or how hard can it be that gods can’t possibly understand?

Gods are not in our bodies. They’re not humans. And it might not even be gods, it could be more powerful beings from different planets. Which makes so much sense with so much but I know I sound so crazy. 

we’ve found pyramids on my family’s lands in Mexico. So I would love to be a princess. But not one of this realm, just further out. 

Looking up so many artists and geniuses, there’s always a high possibility of schizophrenia. So what if the modern Demi gods have common known and judged against mental health struggles? It can include ADHD and OCD and depression. Autistic spectrum as well. People that live here and get treated like poop but leave us huge bigger clues onto what we have to learn. 

So what makes sense to me, is that this is all correlated with demigods in the current timeline. And it makes sense for very many to not understand and to try to destroy and these beings having to try over and over. Who knows how many times some have had to return? 

I would love to hear if any of this makes sense. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2013 at 8:58 PM, thyra said:

No there arent demigods because there is only one god but there different levels of understanding/consciousness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufi_cosmology

http://www.mysticsaint.info/2010/07/sufi-understanding-of-cosmology-and.html

"Thou shalt have no gods before me". Exodus 20:3

Think about it for even half a second and you will realize that God just admitted there are other gods.  And indeed there were.  YHVH is only a minor son of El Elyon.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 6

On 12/29/2013 at 7:55 PM, Nighthawk9653 said:

We've all heard of Hercules, and maybe some of us the hero Jason and his team of argonauts, they were demigods. Sent out on dangerous quests. Not completely human, but do they still exist?

The Wikipedia~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demigod

They were spoken a lot about in old myths and stories, but are they only stories? Could demigods exist today?

I'm just going to say this now. I don't think humans know a lot of the world, and I really want to discuss this, so I'd appreciate if people maybe consider the idea.

Anyways, what do you think?

Yes there are, and we don't like it when people pry about such things.  And no, we don't wear spandex leotards and leap tall buildings in a single bound, that would be declassé.  

• Haha 3

On 12/29/2013 at 1:58 AM, thyra said:

No there arent demigods because there is only one god but there different levels of understanding/consciousness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufi_cosmology

http://www.mysticsaint.info/2010/07/sufi-understanding-of-cosmology-and.html

Psalm 82

King James Version

82 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 82&version=KJV

• Like 2

On 12/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, Portre said:

Yes, free range, cageless demigods are preferred. 😋

Deep fried with spicy mustard. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Deep fried with spicy mustard. 

Korean BBQ sauce.

On 12/1/2023 at 7:38 AM, Evorix said:

I would love to hear if any of this makes sense. 

Nope.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 12/1/2023 at 7:38 AM, Evorix said:

What I find the most confusing is the fact that demigods can live multiple lives in this planet.

That's how we gingers work. Kinda like time lords except we use captured souls for our regeneration process. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's how we gingers work. Kinda like time lords except we use captured souls for our regeneration process. 

Captured souls??????

Goddammit!!  I registered as Democrat and started eating babies for nothing......

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Captured souls??????

Goddammit!!  I registered as Democrat and started eating babies for nothing......

Guess that's what you reptilians do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Guess that's what you reptilians do. 

I'm only Reptilian on the English side. My father was a gin pig. 

• Haha 5

On 12/30/2013 at 4:53 AM, Euryleia said:

You might be thinking about Buddhism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:31 AM, XenoFish said:

At least you're honest about it.  Do you care about the quality of the souls (asking for a friend)?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 4