Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Brian Topp

Plymouth man "rang police to report a ghost"

21 posts in this topic

POLICE may be used to mysteries but one person rang the Devon and Cornwall force to report he had been visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past.

The caller from Saltash presumably wanted officers to alert the team from the film Ghostbusters – or even Scooby Doo’s gang.

3 people like this

So drugs and mental illness then rather then ghosts.

1 person likes this

Sounds like a joke to me

1 person likes this

Oh dear :unsure2:

1 person likes this

He called the wrong number.

We closed too many asylums.

3 people like this

People should lay off the spirits! :w00t:

2 people like this

Very sad

Forget about issuing police with firearms and tasers...need Proton packs.

Edited by Harry_Dresden
1 person likes this

I'd love to say the Police had more important things to do but they're only interested now if there is a fine involved.

I'd say they got a good laugh when the call came in.

Its interesting how people always say

"We closed too many asylums", "drugs and mental illness"...

No, its just people. People are stupid in the general sense and will jump to the most insane solution possible based on paranoia or recent dealings. Since critical thinking is no longer popular, and common sense is no longer common, all you have to do is insist that they are on fire and they will believe it to be so.

1 person likes this

I would find it hard to take that one seriously too.

I'd love to say the Police had more important things to do but they're only interested now if there is a fine involved.

I've always wanted to text that "Dodger" thing and send them a prank. Maybe he should have done that, "Guy hasn't paid, he's 7'2'', approximately 300 years old, wearing bright purple cloak and hood, carrying an ash quarterstaff".

I'd be satisfied just getting the automated response saying thanks :D

Its interesting how people always say

"We closed too many asylums", "drugs and mental illness"...

No, its just people. People are stupid in the general sense and will jump to the most insane solution possible based on paranoia or recent dealings. Since critical thinking is no longer popular, and common sense is no longer common, all you have to do is insist that they are on fire and they will believe it to be so.

Just mad people who belong in an asylum.

Some people with paranoia are not only a danger to themselves, but potentially to others too.

We closed too many asylums. :tu:

what they been smoking ?

Some feel its safe to speak on what they have been experiecing.Though you have folks that will make up things for attetion. Skeptics like to trash stuff like this anyway.Some of the cases may be true others just bs.At any rate wether fake calls or not people have long been afraid of ridicule for paranormal things that could be happening.Either way I have had paranormal encounters so nobody can tell me nothing.

Edited by slaughtr

Some feel its safe to speak on what they have been experiecing.Though you have folks that will make up things for attetion. Skeptics like to trash stuff like this anyway.Some of the cases may be true others just bs.At any rate wether fake calls or not people have long been afraid of ridicule for paranormal things that could be happening.Either way I have had paranormal encounters so nobody can tell me nothing.

In all my years I have never met a soul who wouldn't admit to having something unexplainable happen to them at least once in their lives. I've had experiences, since I was a child, of things that are not easily explained by our simple undesrtanding of physics and our 3 dimmensional space.

Having said that, I am a skeptic. I am skeptical of even my own experiences because they haven't been explained sufficiently. It doesn't mean they didn't happen, it just means that my explanation of them may be insufficient. Being a skeptic doesn't mean you're close-minded. It simply means you continue to look for explanations that can fit our model of the world before blindly leaping toward a "belief". Continuing to pursue this will either show the phenomenon to be a natural occurence, or that our model has to be changed.

Edit: for bad grammar. And probably missed some.

Edited by Calibeliever
2 people like this

People should lay off the spirits! :w00t:

Ah. I see what you did there. ;)

I never heard about this until now; wow people really have been cooking up stories.

I doubt they took him seriously, nobody would.

1 person likes this

For the last time people, meds and booze might sound like a good combo in theory but in practice it's an awful choice! And... done.