Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Bigfoot Horror Movie

Q-C

I laughed when I read the title of thread.

Hollywood is going to have to do a damn good horror movie to get past most people's initial reactions and expectations, which are similar to mine above.

Personally, I'd rather see Bigfoot in another early 90's style family comedy.

• Like 2

Sanchez (Blair Witch Project, et al) is going to portray Bigfoot as a 7 foot ape ("gorilla" ish), superstrong like a gorilla but not supernatural. And its close-up is convincing as a real animal, acc to Sanchez.

It takes a lot to scare me, too. And I don't mean gore, but pure creepy terror. So we shall see.

He says for him, a movie is scarier when it has some basis in reality. I agree.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Do you have any idea how many of the Pacifist Footers will freak out at the idea that their cute, cuddly, Bigfoot would be a monster?

• Like 1

Maybe this will lead to the creation of a BADL: Bigfoot Anti-Defamation League.

• Like 2

Do you have any idea how many of the Pacifist Footers will freak out at the idea that their cute, cuddly, Bigfoot would be a monster?

Yes, Cliff and Chris will die a slow death. :cry:

I recall many years ago now someone was actually trying to make a case that Bigfoot was bisexual since on a number of occasions it's been reported that Bigfoots have abducted males. OMG! I never heard so much crying and caterwauling in my life.

One wonders if Cliff would be horrified or ecstatic at such a possibility.

:unsure2::blush:

• Like 1

However........

This could be a whole new basis for a Bigfooting show. All we need are gay/bi males to head out into the wilderness. Hey, gay guys have gay-dar and they can find each other across crowded rooms, filled up stadiums, and on crowded streets. Hooking up with a Biggy should be a piece of cake.

........although, I think they'll have to put it on late at night and have a pretty strong parental warning........they might want to drop the party about not trying this at home but that's up the the producers.

:whistle:

Edited by keninsc

I laughed when I read the title of thread.

Hollywood is going to have to do a damn good horror movie to get past most people's initial reactions and expectations, which are similar to mine above.

Personally, I'd rather see Bigfoot in another early 90's style family comedy.

Well, we are talking about the people who brought us sharknado and Queer wolf.

Let's hope for the best.

oh, how sad.

not that they're making a bigfoot horror movie, but that they're making one that sounds so formulaic. a monster that stalks and kills a bunch of twenty-somethings? i believe i've seen that movie before. 10,000 times over.

• Like 1

oh, how sad.

not that they're making a bigfoot horror movie, but that they're making one that sounds so formulaic. a monster that stalks and kills a bunch of twenty-somethings? i believe i've seen that movie before. 10,000 times over.

Squealing young thangs in tiny tanks. Gotta ensure audience interest somehow.

Nothing wrong with stalking in the woods, imo. IF done right. That's the clincher, though.

Edited by QuiteContrary

It'd be cool if it had a twist, like a researcher goes out to hunt Bigfoot, and eventually finds out he was the Bigfoot.

And also a ghost.

Haven't seen a decent horror movie since the 90s. I like the sound of this though.

I bet there will be many bigfoot related sightings around the same time as this movie release. When the Twilight movies came out there were a lot of vampire and werewolf topics started on UM alone.

• Like 1

movie is going to be filled with jump scares, seems to be the thing for horror movies

Which means the slow dread horror of Blair Witch Project has even been forgotten by the guys who made it.

No! Sanchez actually said it wouldn't be! haha

How will anyone know it's Bigfoot if they have a clear photo?

• Like 1

How will anyone know it's Bigfoot if they have a clear photo?

Bigfoot expert Bobo (he's an expert because he's on television) will tell us whether it's a squatch... or a squatch.

Which means the slow dread horror of Blair Witch Project has even been forgotten by the guys who made it.

He said BWP cost them $25,000 to make and they made 249 million!

I doubt they could forget that! lol

I wasn't a fan of the movie, looking up her runny nose was annoying...and that is all I remember from it.

Oh gawd, I just pictured a horror movie with more of those face filming cameras on rods ala Survivorman and Finding Bigfoot. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

But maybe my dream will come true and one them will be dragged away screaming into the night, by their camera rod.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Squealing young thangs in tiny tanks. Gotta ensure audience interest somehow.

Nothing wrong with stalking in the woods, imo. IF done right. That's the clincher, though.

it's just been done so many times so poorly, there's no room left in my head for a movie that pulls it off.

• Like 1

He said BWP cost them $25,000 to make and they made 249 million!

I doubt they could forget that! lol

I wasn't a fan of the movie, looking up her runny nose was annoying...and that is all I remember from it.

Oh gawd, I just pictured a horror movie with more of those face filming cameras on rods ala Survivorman and Finding Bigfoot. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

But maybe my dream will come true and one them will be dragged away screaming into the night, by their camera rod.

I have to admit that I didn't care for the movie either, all that running around with the camera on gave me motion sickness.