Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Mars One - biggest hoax/event ever?

outoftheworld

UGH

forward to 3.42

theyve postponed it by 2 years, the mars manned mission isnt till 2025

... While they get more funding, I suppose.

Then it'll be "er, sorry, we need some more funding..." and then "er, yes, we need some more funding..."

And then when people begin wondering if perhaps they might be able to get back some of the money that they've given them, oh dear, sorry, all contact information for Mars One seems to have disappeared from the Inter net, and the people behind it have done a runner- er, are unavailable for comment at present .... :innocent:

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.indiegogo...mission-in-2018

its at $272,801 raise of its 400.000 mark which at my calculations is only 55 per cent raised

whilst it is still impressive considering this is its first major reach out and it obviously has generated a lot of interest

if you still consider the world wide exposure to newspapers/ tv/ conferences that the marsone thing has been given, when you look at it from that point of view, it is then not very impressive.

they have already pushed off the everything by two years, and honestly i think this is going to be the biggest fail in history

i mean this is doomed to fail right.. what happens say they stick somebody on mars and the person after a few months there has a nervous breakdown and kills another person, or something happens and they all send videos begging to come home, but humanity can only watch as these people in misery and lonliness spend the rest of their lives there

this isnt a movie, this is real life.. and marsone have even said that the technology just is not there at the moment to fly people back, they will only be looking at that after a decade or two, of getting extended journeys capable of going there and back

in other words, when columbus discovered new worlds.. he always knew he could hit the panic button and sail back on the boat,

heck if you decide to `dig to the bottom of the antartica to discover a new world`.. you always know that you can be pulled up....

but what do you do when your on another planet with no current way of return..

its a whole different psychological ball game

and its why i think its the kind of initial task to give to people on death row, who have truly changed.. but still need to serve the punishment...

ie not a psychopath, somebody who has genuinely changed, but is on death row

rather than kill them, this is sort of a `being the experiment` kind of thing that i think they would be glad to do.

Edited by outoftheworld
  • Like 1

http://www.indiegogo...mission-in-2018

its at $272,801 raise of its 400.000 mark which at my calculations is only 55 per cent raised

whilst it is still impressive considering this is its first major reach out and it obviously has generated a lot of interest

if you still consider the world wide exposure to newspapers/ tv/ conferences that the marsone thing has been given, when you look at it from that point of view, it is then not very impressive.

they have already pushed off the everything by two years, and honestly i think this is going to be the biggest fail in history

i mean this is doomed to fail right.. what happens say they stick somebody on mars and the person after a few months there has a nervous breakdown and kills another person, or something happens and they all send videos begging to come home, but humanity can only watch as these people in misery and lonliness spend the rest of their lives there

this isnt a movie, this is real life.. and marsone have even said that the technology just is not there at the moment to fly people back, they will only be looking at that after a decade or two, of getting extended journeys capable of going there and back

in other words, when columbus discovered new worlds.. he always knew he could hit the panic button and sail back on the boat,

heck if you decide to `dig to the bottom of the antartica to discover a new world`.. you always know that you can be pulled up....

but what do you do when your on another planet with no current way of return..

its a whole different psychological ball game

and its why i think its the kind of initial task to give to people on death row, who have truly changed.. but still need to serve the punishment...

ie not a psychopath, somebody who has genuinely changed, but is on death row

rather than kill them, this is sort of a `being the experiment` kind of thing that i think they would be glad to do.

I dont think you will get bored on Mars, you would have all the things you need in which take your lifetime anyway. And anyway you need to mentally fit in order to even go into space

You had me confused reading the title of this thread.

The 'marsone indiegogo' sounds like a campaign slogan for an Italian politician.

That´s alarming. (I mean your math).

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

I dont think you will get bored on Mars, you would have all the things you need in which take your lifetime anyway. And anyway you need to mentally fit in order to even go into space

Nothing like a lack of oxygen to take ones lifetime anyway.

$400,000 Goal ? They hope to establish a colony on Mars on that budget? :unsure2:

$400,000 Goal ? They hope to establish a colony on Mars on that budget? :unsure2:

400k will be adequate:

5241_product_detail_zps950b4708.png

• Like 1