Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knights Templar - The Templars

sumeria

With the beginning of the crusades for Holy Land the term Knights Templar entered into the scene of the history, they were mostly the fighting units with white mantles and red cross. At first they were officially recognized by the Church.

When the Crusaders captured Jerusalem and started to govern the Holy Land, the "Templars" begun to be more and more stronger both in military and financial matters. It is also claimed that in Jerusalem they seized the secret esoteric information and begun to implement different ceremonies and initiations out of Christianity. Like accepting and praying the god called Baphomet. In the following years however they were banned by the Church, and at the end of the Crusades all Templars lose their power, declined and dissappeared or said to be changed their organization under different underground names like Freemasonry and other secret societies like Illuminati.

It is claimed that when the Templiers spent time in Holy Land, Jerusalem, they came across with different knowledge from ancient Egypt including the some pagan practises and Kabbalah and these have changed their vision from "poor soldiers of Christ" to "rich and powerful soldiers of Baphomet".

Edited by sumeria

Who has made these claims? I've never heard this about the Templars. And by "this" I mean the claims you made in your last paragraph.

With the beginning of the crusades for Holy Land the term Knights Templar entered into the scene of the history, they were mostly the fighting units with white mantles and red cross. At first they were officially recognized by the Church.

When the Crusaders captured Jerusalem and started to govern the Holy Land, the "Templars" begun to be more and more stronger both in military and financial matters.

The armies of the First Crusade captured Jerusalem in 1099. The Templars didn't form until 1120.

It is also claimed that in Jerusalem they seized the secret esoteric information and begun to implement different ceremonies and initiations out of Christianity. Like accepting and praying the god called Baphomet. In the following years however they were banned by the Church, and at the end of the Crusades all Templars lose their power, declined and dissappeared or said to be changed their organization under different underground names like Freemasonry and other secret societies like Illuminati.

The last Crusader cities fell in 1291. The Templars weren't suppressed until 1307.

It is claimed that when the Templiers spent time in Holy Land, Jerusalem, they came across with different knowledge from ancient Egypt including the some pagan practises and Kabbalah and these have changed their vision from "poor soldiers of Christ" to "rich and powerful soldiers of Baphomet".

*shrug* Perhaps. But it would help if you got your basic facts right first.

• Like 3

Any claims concerning the Templars and what they did or found in Jerusalem is pure speculation and Fantasy,sold to the gullible as an easy way to make money.

• Like 1

When the Crusaders captured Jerusalem and started to govern the Holy Land, the "Templars" begun to be more and more stronger both in military and financial matters. It is also claimed that in Jerusalem they seized the secret esoteric information and begun to implement different ceremonies and initiations out of Christianity. Like accepting and praying the god called Baphomet. In the following years however they were banned by the Church, and at the end of the Crusades all Templars lose their power, declined and dissappeared or said to be changed their organization under different underground names like Freemasonry and other secret societies like Illuminati.

When you CCP an external website, you are supposed to include the link: http://anunnaki-sumerians.blogspot.com/

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

[/font][/color][/size]

The armies of the First Crusade captured Jerusalem in 1099. The Templars didn't form until 1120.

The last Crusader cities fell in 1291. The Templars weren't suppressed until 1307.

*shrug* Perhaps. But it would help if you got your basic facts right first.

I agree with you. Too many people read pseudo scientific or historical articles and believe them to be fact.

This poster appears to be one of them.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

The 1st post sound like THE DI VINCI CODE & (can't recall name) another movie put together-

But yeah anyone having done much digging (researching) into them knows that's not quite true -

• Like 1

Its important to understand the origins of a lot of the websites that talk about the Knights, if you look closely its often a Islamic sight..or has strong Islamic undertones that brings into question the author ..they're still a little hurt..and then there's the Christian groups who attack the KT..

Edited by Galahad

What actually happened was...the Knights Templar became so wealthy and wielded so much power they were seen as a threat to the Church itself. The King of France owed the Templars more than he could ever pay back...and so he conspired with the Church...accused them of Heresy, Blasphemy, urinating on the cross in secret initiations, etc. The two leaders were burned at the stake and the rest went into hiding...

It should be noted that one of the ways they became so powerful and wealthy was through Lending Money and charging Interest...the Knights Templar are really the beginning of the Banking System we all know today...and...ahem...they still run it all. Secret societies do exist...The Masons...The Shriners...etc. But the real power and the real wealth is in the hands of the secret Knights...the bloodline of the Rulers.

• Like 3

Thats a better post !

How was one to take your money to the Holy Land. Chances are, on such a fraught journey you may loose it one way or another. So you would hand it in to the 'temple' and get a credit note, on arrival you could redeem it - banking!

They ended up making more than the Pope did ... that's gonna be a one way street!

of course, it is hard to not admit to worshipping a head or practising sodomy, as long as it stops the torture!

On the other hand, they did introduce initiatory Sufism that they picked up in the Holy Land, turned it into Freemasonry and ..... ;) (oh yeah, they did dig up a plate a with word on it ;) )

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

Its all in the way we write the books ,remember Its all about the stories we have written, handed down thru the years, changes to meet out T.V. movies slot screens ! :tu:

Like everything in our world ! We make of it what we wish !

It is kind of a fun area for speculation. If only the Internet had existed in those days the conspiracy theories would have had a field day. Now all we have is Dan Brown and the Holy Blood/Grail!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Templar involvement has been exaggerated over the years, as they are more involved in popular culture. They existed and were eventually removed from the church, but they didn't conduct secret rites, nor do we have any reason to believe that they exist on any level into the modern day, beyond as antagonists in Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed.

• Like 1

I personally think the search for the Holy Grail was a search for something much more important. The Body of Christ. Find the Grail...you find Christ's mummified body. With this knowledge one could 'own' the Church....through ransoms. Or one could 'own' the Church by casting out the 'Liars in Charge' (basically a coup in which they were killed) or one could destroy the Church totally...but with the vast amount of wealth not likely.

Platter ... not cup.

I said coup not cup. As in...overthrow...coup. Pronounced Coo like the sound a dove makes.

Nonetheless...the Holy Grail in legend is the 'cup' (not platter) actually the 'chalice' that Jesus used at the last supper when he told his Apostles that the wine represented his blood shed for the sins of the world.

The earliest mention of a Holy Grail appears to be that mentioned by the Cistercian chronicler Helinandus in the late 12th century. He relates a vision given to a Hermit in the early 8th Century describing the Platter used at the Last Supper. This Hermit later wrote a Treatise "Gradale" in Latin on this vision - but it is not known whether the original is extant.

The idea that the Grail is actually a chalice was born out of the Arthurian Legends and in particular that of Perceval.

• Like 1

I'd like to read your sources. I've not heard of the Baphomet connection outside of videogames or tabletop RPGs.

I'd like to read your sources. I've not heard of the Baphomet connection outside of videogames or tabletop RPGs.

I guess most of it comes from "holy blood holy grail" by Baigent and Leigh and "the templar revelation" by Picknett and Price. If you wanna call them sources really... It's an interesting read but most of their overall theories has been debunked. Still.. some of it may have some truth to it.

Edited by Jackscolon

I guess most of it comes from "holy blood holy grail" by Baigent and Leigh and "the templar revelation" by Picknett and Price. If you wanna call them sources really... It's an interesting read but most of their overall theories has been debunked. Still.. some of it may have some truth to it.

Interesting. I'll check those out. As you say, they could be fun to read, if nothing else.

• Like 1

Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas has also written a few books linking the templars with the freemasons where the baphomet connection is mentioned. "the book of Hiram" and "the second Messiah". I also recall a book by Graham Phillips on the subject all though the title escapes my memory for the moment.

I said coup not cup. As in...overthrow...coup. Pronounced Coo like the sound a dove makes.

:D yeah .... I know what that means, I was talking about the Grail word not the coup word. (They were killed in the Holy Grail ..... ??? )

Nonetheless...the Holy Grail in legend is the 'cup' (not platter) actually the 'chalice' that Jesus used at the last supper when he told his Apostles that the wine represented his blood shed for the sins of the world.

I know what a grail is as well. I am referring to what the Templar's supposedly found in the ruins of the temple they excavated - according to Masonic 'myth.

But thanks for correcting my mistakes - that I didnt make ;)

Edited by back to earth