Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US the biggest threat to world peace in 2013

Kowalski

The US has been voted as the most significant threat to world peace in a survey across 68 different countries. Anti-American sentiment was not only recorded in antagonistic countries, but also in many allied NATO partners like Turkey and Greece.

A global survey conducted by the Worldwide Independent Network and Gallup at the end of 2013 revealed strong animosity towards the US’s role as the world’s policeman. Citizens across over 60 nations were asked: “Which country do you think is the greatest threat to peace in the world today?”

The US topped the list, with 24 percent of people believing America to be the biggest danger to peace. Pakistan came second, with 8 percent of the vote and was closely followed by China with 6 percent. Afghanistan, Iran, Israel and North Korea came in joint fourth place with 5 percent of the vote.

The threat from the US was rated most highly in the Middle East and North Africa, those areas most recently affected by American military intervention. Moreover, the survey showed that even Americans regard their country as a potential threat with 13 percent of them voting the US could disrupt global status quo.

Link: http://rt.com/news/us-biggest-threat-peace-079/

1535382_615435241867449_482364623_n.jpg

• Like 5

Since we spend more than the next ten countries on the military I would hope that the world finds us scarier than the next ten countries combined or I want my money back!

• Like 8

That is too funny. Despite all the attention on North Korea and Iran as nuclear terrorists, the whole world still considers America to be the real bad guy. Maybe there's hope for us yet?

• Like 3

pakistan?? 2nd?? really???? and come on who voted South Korea as a world threat?

That is too funny. Despite all the attention on North Korea and Iran as nuclear terrorists, the whole world still considers America to be the real bad guy. Maybe there's hope for us yet?

It's funny the United States is number one and Iran is number four, considering the war mongering propaganda being put out, LOL....

• Like 2

It's funny the United States is number one and Iran is number four, considering the war mongering propaganda being put out, LOL....

How does that Bob Marley line go? "You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time" :tu:

• Like 2

Still not sure why Japan is higher than Russia and Russia is not even in the top 10 and Russia would destroy like 90% of Asia's defences

pakistan?? 2nd?? really???? and come on who voted South Korea as a world threat?

North Korea presumably.

• Like 7

Hey, I'll take it! At least we are number One at something! :gun:

• Like 7

Still not sure why Japan is higher than Russia and Russia is not even in the top 10 and Russia would destroy like 90% of Asia's defences

Because it's a Russian news source?..... nah, they wouldn't..... damnstraight they would. :lol:

UK at 1% ~ guess there goes the chances of England winning the World Cup in Brazil ~

~

• Like 4

am not surprised by this..

USA... A OK...

• Like 1

Probably the runt that runs N.Korea

Like Papa Bush once mentioned: "We are preparing for a NWO" in other words--a takeover and probably with the US as #1

• Like 3

*cricket's chirping in the background*

It seems that Americans are more interested in talking about the legalization of Pot, gun ownership and Obama-care..

*rolls eyes* Oh the irony..

• Like 2

What is there to talk about?

The world is afraid of the US.

The US is afraid of everything. Universe keeps spinning

• Like 2

So in other words, what you are basically saying is that the United states & it's citizens don't care that the rest of the world think they're a threat.

• Like 2

So in other words, what you are basically saying is that the United states & it's citizens don't care that the rest of the world think they're a threat.

I don't care...but I don't think the world thinks we are a threat...I think the world thinks we are a laughing stock.

• Like 3

The US is a superpower, it has vast nuclear capabilities, it spends untold millions on its millitary

Its probably a safe bet that they wanted to be seen as a threat

• Like 2

hmmmmm, good points...

Is probably true to say that the US is happy to be seen as a threat, but not to happy to take the flak that threat's deserve.. Such as global criticism, terrorism and distrust..

If one is perceived to be a threat, one must expect to make enemies.. This attitude seems like the makings of a viscous circle of violence that will get the US and the world nowhere.

• Like 2

Well, its not like world peace would ever happen.

Peace is poor business. And, on a personal belief level, I think war is good for humanity. the most wartorn peoples have advanced humanity the most in math, literature, architecture, science, etc etc.

Metal sharpens metal I guess is the snappy one liner I would end this with, if I were that kind of person.

I don't care...but I don't think the world thinks we are a threat...I think the world thinks we are a laughing stock.

I'm not in the US.. I do think the US is a threat. and I hate to say it but in general conversation I've found that many other folks I know feel the same way..

To be honest, the biggest surprise to me in this is that Israel isn't 2nd from the top on the list

• Like 2

Well, its not like world peace would ever happen.

Peace is poor business. And, on a personal belief level, I think war is good for humanity. the most wartorn peoples have advanced humanity the most in math, literature, architecture, science, etc etc.

Metal sharpens metal I guess is the snappy one liner I would end this with, if I were that kind of person.

That's probably 180 degrees from where I would steer humanity if I had the power.

• Like 1