Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why so optimistic?

ambelamba

Maybe it's just me, but truth might be whole lot worse than Stephen Hawking suggests.

I've been thinking. Probably the only reason why aliens are not showing up (officially) is a massive web of political and diplomatic entanglements. Maybe Earth is a flashpoint.

All the claims of close encounters depict aliens that are widely different from each other. And practically 99.99% of them look like poor rejects from the garbage bin of Stan Winston Studio. But the point is, probably hundreds of accounts depict all different looks and shapes. Probably the safe bet is to dismiss all of them as fake.

I remember reading articles from Cracked, and some of them were about UFO cults. Well, whoever doing the government disinformation has a really secure stream of paychecks because he/she doesn't have to do crap. So many people are unintentionally doing the jobs so why bother? And I bet UFO cults are one of the very reasons why aliens are scared of us. Nobody likes nutjobs.

I've actually considered something of this sort regarding the UFO phenomena. If anything, my time on UM has only reinforced that point. I could only imagine the thoughts of some poor being who traveled across the cosmos, probably forsaking friends and family, only to be asked about anal probing, Elvis, and carving up dairy cattle.

Although, most of these supposed encounters speak less Stan Winston and more Gene Rodenberry.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but truth might be whole lot worse than Stephen Hawking suggests.

I've been thinking. Probably the only reason why aliens are not showing up (officially) is a massive web of political and diplomatic entanglements. Maybe Earth is a flashpoint.

All the claims of close encounters depict aliens that are widely different from each other. And practically 99.99% of them look like poor rejects from the garbage bin of Stan Winston Studio. But the point is, probably hundreds of accounts depict all different looks and shapes. Probably the safe bet is to dismiss all of them as fake.

I remember reading articles from Cracked, and some of them were about UFO cults. Well, whoever doing the government disinformation has a really secure stream of paychecks because he/she doesn't have to do crap. So many people are unintentionally doing the jobs so why bother? And I bet UFO cults are one of the very reasons why aliens are scared of us. Nobody likes nutjobs.

Frankly, I think it is a combination of of Earth being rather insignificant and hard to find combined with incredible difficulties in traversing interstellar space even for very advanced species....

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

they probably have everything they need where they are ...

:yes:

Turn that argument around and that could well be the reason why they came in the first place.

In response to the turmoil at the beginning of the 20th C and then the dangerous scientific arms race that ensued.

Explains totally the sampling that people have alleged has been taking place over the last few decades.

The question is; is it still going on?

• Like 1

Not convinced that's the case though. If a warlike civilization that master space travel did found us and want to destroy life on Earth, it is my guess that they would not need to bother long to wipe us all from their mothership in space.

I think that Stephen Hawking is pointing to a real possiblity though, after all we do not know what's out there and tend to look at it from a Human perspective only. But if we are visited from a very long time as supporters of the extraterrestrial hypothesis suggest, then their ''behavior'' if it can even be reckoned without more data, makes me thinking more about a monitoring than an invasion.

It is reminescent when our ancestors thought that the Earth was the center of the universe and that everything revolved around us. We have a tendancy to think that we are very special, which might well be true as we cannot compare ourselves to species elsewhere in the cosmos. At any rate most of us crave for the recomfort and guidance of above beings, such as Gods, Angels and Aliens for exemple. That's not incomprehensible as we make our way troughout evolution and seek to understand.

My view is that maybe the reason is that there have been mesinterpreations. Everything ranging from Hallucinations, dreams and confusions can possibly ''create'' various kind of Aliens in the mind of those experiencing them. But I acknowledge that some cases are very disturbing and thought provocative. However, distinguishing fact from fiction is not always an easy task.

Edited by sam_comm