Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this really the face of Bigfoot?

keninsc

They are allowed to worship him at the base of his glass case, just like Lenin!!

Who? Rick or Hank?

That is what I thought. I thought he even made a video where he told everyone how stupid they were to even begin to believe that he had shot a bigfoot.

Had not heard about that. I'll be googling over the next couple days, and watching here, to see what happens.

Think I'll pop over to bigfootforums.com and see if there is anything there....

EDIT: Wow. Apparently Dyer is a banned subject over there... Threads are immediately closed and he's not allowed to be mentioned in other thread postings.

I'd like to say I'm shocked but this guy is so over the top that he's poison to anyone who might even consider this to be remotely possible. Hell, back in 2008 there were a couple of real experts, I think including Meldrum, who were duped by Dyer.

Since this, if real, would be one of the greatest scientific finds of the century, you have to wonder why someone would turn it into a traveling sideshow unless money is strictly the goal. And I imagine a museum, or other legitimate scientific institution would probably pay good money for the real thing, it would make them quite famous and draw tens of thousands of patrons. No, this seems too much like the old carnival side show, as in: see the snake woman, the Fiji mermaid, etc.

While the existence of sasquatch is possible, I would say it's highly unlikely and more unlikely in the area where this was allegedly killed.

"There's a sucker born every minute." a quote often attributed to P.T. Barnum, though possibly spoken by David Hannum. In any case, seems apropos.

you have to wonder why someone would turn it into a traveling sideshow

*snip*

Imo, there is no Bigfoot... anywhere, for Dyer to hunt down and offer to any credible museum for examination and garner fame or money or notoriety.

A hoax...unavailable for authentic scientific examination of course!... is Dyer's only choice to sell to the public. And he keeps at it and people keep listening to him.

Round 3 *Ding Ding Ding*

• Like 1

Who? Rick or Hank?

Maybe both at once? But really worship of Hank is worship aimed at Rick, no?

Well, that's not direct worship, it's that second hand stuff that isn't quite as meaningful to the worship-ee(?)

*snip*

Imo, there is no Bigfoot... anywhere, for Dyer to hunt down and offer to any credible museum for examination and garner fame or money or notoriety.

A hoax...unavailable for authentic scientific examination of course!... is Dyer's only choice to sell to the public. And he keeps at it and people keep listening to him.

Round 3 *Ding Ding Ding*

Hey, someone figured out how to sell 1/2 liter bottles water of water to the public for $2.00 each, a little less if you buy it by the case.

.....and John Q. Public can't live without the stuff now.

Go figure? :unsure2:

What I'm really interested is what the excuse will be when it comes time for his press conference (I think he said it's going to happen in February?). Last time it was delayed due to the 'I gots a baby Bigfoot' revelation excuse (when in reality it was most likely due to him starting that battle with investors, BTW, who invested in him after the 2008 hoax and Ebay scam?). I'm guessing this time it'll be something like 'oh no, someone stole the body and DNA test results', and we'll conveniently never see "Hank" again.

Try coming at the whole Rick Dyer claims through the looking glass. Imagine if you will that Rick is in fact, not just sceptical of Bigfoot but completely cynical and even more, has a pathological hatred of everyone in the BF community (the bigger they are, the greater the hate *see book burning)

http://www.youtube.c...l4JztRQfY#t=160 watch the Rick Dyer video and comments 'again'

Now, he punked all the believers and a fair few notable Footers in 2008 along with much of the community and was far from repentant of his actions. This time round he does not care a whit for the BF community, engaging with them or courting their support or respect and so far he doesn't need it. He's gone after the mainstream media and they are deaf to the protests of the BF community. Rick gets another high profile shot at tarring the entire BF community as a bunch of fakers/frauds/gullible and perhaps that is exactly what he wants...no BF, just a big FU to all the people he hates most...and the chance to make a few bucks into the bargain at everyone's expense.

• Like 1

I've said it for years. Imo, Dyer isn't the only well-known Footer advocate who does not believe in the existence of bigfoot. Only in the profitability/power/notoriety/fame in propagating Biff's "existence". As is true some for well- known paranormal proponents as well. Their visions are of money not ghosts.

Dyer just doesn't care to hide it and makes regular fools of his followers. Because he can and it works. Cripes! He's in the news on CNN. How ridiculous is that!

Profitability, again, this time for CNN.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Of course this is all BS. He changed his story in regards to where he shot it.When it was on KSAT12 our local ABC affiliate the claim was made he shot it in northern San Antonio around the Loop 1604/USHwy 281 area. He sure in hades couldn't claim he shot it somewhere on Northwest Military because that road runs through Camp Bullis property of the US Army.The road ran through the base but is now closed off to civilains unless you have a military base sticker.This happend after 911. Never been any reports of Bigfoot here though there is plenty of places to roam in the Texas hill country. Also he supposedly sent the so called evidence to either Washington State or Washington DC for analysis. If he shot it around San Antonio why not send it to UTSA which has a big medical school and research department which I have even seen mentioned in news articles on tv and the internet. Or why not give it to Southwest Research which has a department that studies primates or did. They used to have chimps out there and do other research. Whole thing is just BS.

• Like 2

Rick's Facebook page is a shrine to Denialism

Denialism

In human behavior, denialism is exhibited by individuals choosing to deny reality as a way to avoid dealing with an uncomfortable truth. Author Paul O'Shea remarks, "Is the refusal to accept an empirically verifiable reality. It is an essentially irrational action that withholds validation of a historical experience or event". Author Michael Specter defined group denialism as “when an entire segment of society, often struggling with the trauma of change, turns away from reality in favor of a more comfortable lie.”

In science, denialism has been defined as the rejection of basic concepts that are undisputed and well-supported parts of the scientific consensus on a topic in favor of ideas that are both radical and controversial. It has been proposed that the various forms of denialism have the common feature of the rejection of overwhelming evidence and the generation of a controversy through attempts to deny that a consensus exists. A common example is Young Earth creationism and its dispute with the evolutionary theory.

Several motivations for denialism have been proposed, including religious beliefs and self-interest, or as a psychological defense mechanism against disturbing ideas

True, or we could just give it a new name, Dyer Syndrome. Heck it's even self explainatory.

Edited by Stardrive
  • Like 4

That can only happen in US. In Canada RCMP will pay him a visit take the body and run an authopsy. He might have killed a human poor wondering soul and must be punished for his crime!

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

Thus his "tour" secrecy. He's probably parking in friends' driveways and only "approved" viewers are allowed (kids under 4).

Heck, in the U.S. PETA is probably on his tail as we speak.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Yeah? Where is PETA during all this?

It would be interesting if some authorities decided to investigate him for murder. Then the rubber monkey would be out on view right away.

Jesus wept. Does anyone still believe this numpty?

He said the bigfoot he killed was not the same one as the one that attacked Morgan Matthews in Shooting Bigfoot. (Sigh.)