Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An alien craft approaches earth

seeder

So some people here think UFO's freely come and go to the Earth, but they have no idea of course they couldn't be doing this without being tracked. To date, NOT ONE SINGLE UFO has been tracked entering or leaving our atmosphere. FACT.

So how would a real alien event take place? Some think they would come gliding down to the White House lawn..haha as if..

The Nat Geo plays it this way...

ALIEN INVASION COUNTDOWN

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF...?

Sometime in the future - possibly the very near future - the world will go about its business as usual. But at a remote observatory, a space anomaly is reported. Something unusual - and large - appears to be approaching Earth. Experts aren't sure how to react. The first sighting alerts sky-watchers around the world...

8 HOURS BEFORE CONTACT

Astronomers scramble to analyse an object only 8,000 kilometres from Earth - closer than our moon. It has crept into earth's orbit with no warning. The next group to take an interest in the anomaly is military.

US Space Command uses global satellite tracking systems, telescopes and radar to search for any type of airborne or space threat. The object is not natural.

TWO HOURS BEFORE CONTACT

At US Space Command, astronomers don't know if the anomaly is an actual vehicle. Then comes confirmation; in a solar system where every object is constantly in motion, the unknown object stops. Space Command officials agree that it must be powered.

The next step is to establish contact. The UN Office of Outer Space Affairs committee quickly crafts a simple message, transmitted to the spacecraft over television and radio signal. The message is transmitted simultaneously in the most widely spoken languages of the world: Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, Arabic and Hindi.

Astronomers see no response to Earth's communication. Space Command attempts contact using the universal language of mathematics in a sequence of prime numbers.

CONTACT

As the craft approaches Earth, screens go blank, data streams cut out, and communications suddenly cease. Cell phone calls are dropped and TV images go out. All of Earth's satellites fail, but optical and radio telescopes are still receiving information. The aliens have knocked out satellite communication.

Full story:

http://natgeotv.com/uk/alien-invasion/what-would-happen-if

Now this will seem to me to be more like how it would be....

• Like 3

If it ever happens, I don't think we would have any indication or warning that they were here and the 8 hour and 2 hour warnings would not happen. **** we can hardly track an asteroid till its knocking on our door and that's a natural thing that we are looking for. E.T's would probably have a whole different ball game to bring regards cloaking devices and we wouldn't know they were here till they said .... take us to your leader.

• Like 3

So some people here think UFO's freely come and go to the Earth, but they have no idea of course they couldn't be doing this without being tracked. To date, NOT ONE SINGLE UFO has been tracked entering or leaving our atmosphere. FACT.

Sorry to be pedantic, but since any hypothetical aline craft might very well use technology that we don't know about yet, they might very well be able to do just that. It should surely not be difficult for any technology able to cross the Deep, Dark Distances of Space to do so without being visually detected, whether deliberately or merely as a by product of how the technology works.

But like I said, I expect i'm being pendantic.

• Like 1

There wont be any "take us to your Leader" It will be that we all just Blink out of exsistance,In one mili-sec No need to bother any of us ,no pain,no nothing just off to another atomic form of reorgisnation !

We will Indeed become Start Stuff again !

The Movies Have it all wrong, Hollyweird has us to believe that we will Fight our selfs from the forest and Hidding places with our Sticks and Stones. Nah ! It aint gonna Happen,Thats for the Preppers to Beleve in ! They will All Blink out in the Same Mili-sec as the Rest of us If An Alien Predator comes to wipe us off this wonderful Gem in the Universe !

Its afterall the Only one So far that Looks Too Yummy to even think about Leaving ! Why wouldnt another Race want it For there needs ?

• Like 1

Sorry to be pedantic, but since any hypothetical aline craft might very well use technology that we don't know about yet, they might very well be able to do just that. It should surely not be difficult for any technology able to cross the Deep, Dark Distances of Space to do so without being visually detected, whether deliberately or merely as a by product of how the technology works.

Something's here, and either being tracked and we can't do a damn thing about it (and the military won't tell us, of course). Or they're simply invisible to our tracking systems. Or they're ours.

Edited by Sweetpumper

if you're a super advanced alien, why have things like the human notion of cloaking? Which is also NOT an idea from reality but from Star Trek, from science fiction? If indeed they do have the resources and tech to come to come to a planet with the low tech and low intelligence of the human ape.. what the hell will they worry about hiding themselves for? Theres nothing we can do either way, heck they could come in a fluorescent pink ball of light with alien music blaring... all earth men could do is scuttle off to hide with legs shaking so much they could barely run... and very possibly pants full of poo to slow them down :lol:

No - for the sake of the thread, lets go with the plot, they were tracked, they were seen...

Something's here, and either being tracked and we can't do a damn thing about it (and the military won't tell us, of course). Or they're simply invisible to our tracking systems. Or they're ours.

Only thing is, the military DO NOT control all the pro and amateur astronomers round the world, with their telescopes. Lets not forget such astronomers with observatory class scopes are always scanning the skies for 'stuff', maybe hoping to see a new asteroid they can get to be named after....They dont control me and my scope! The military also have NO SAY in what other govts release. All these countries who have setup UFO desks would be reporting it, heck, it'd be the BIGGEST story for mankind...EVER, in all of history. Besides even man can see the space station with naked eye and that'd no doubt be smaller than an alien craft from far far away in a distant galaxy

• Like 2

But yet somehow they can't avoid bad cell phone videos and You Tube.

• Like 6

But yet somehow they can't avoid bad cell phone videos and You Tube.

Nice :tu:

Only thing is, the military DO NOT control all the pro and amateur astronomers round the world, with their telescopes. Lets not forget such astronomers with observatory class scopes are always scanning the skies for 'stuff', maybe hoping to see a new asteroid they can get to be named after....They dont control me and my scope! The military also have NO SAY in what other govts release. All these countries who have setup UFO desks would be reporting it, heck, it'd be the BIGGEST story for mankind...EVER, in all of history. Besides even man can see the space station with naked eye and that'd no doubt be smaller than an alien craft from far far away in a distant galaxy

There's something flying over our heads, whether governments or astronomers acknowledge them, or have seen them or not.

do any of these "UFO desks" take it remotely seriously? Surely that's just a smokescreen, unless one really does what to think that Nick "Baffled" Pope was the sole person at the MOD who knew the Truth about Flying Saucers.

Besides, surely any sensible alien craft from far far away in a distant galaxy would hardly park itself in low earth orbit, would it? it'd surely keep a sensible distance (i.e. quite possibly no closer than the Moon) and send out probes or Drones to do what it wanted to, or could just do it what it wanted to with its super-duper sensor suite. There might be no need to come anywhere near the planet it's interested in at all, at least not in person.

But I'm sorry, I'm raising hypothetical objections to a hypothetical scenario. Ok, let's stick to the one they put forward.

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb
  • Like 1

There's something flying over our heads, whether governments or astronomers acknowledge them, or have seen them or not.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by joc
  • Like 1

How do you know what kind of materials and devices is technologically advanced race using? If someone would indeed reach us... probably radars wont track anything... but naked eye would, that is of course they dont have some sort of cloaking technology...

Our technology versus someone elses which has the capability of space travel would most likely fail in other words there could be a massive vessel orbiting our planet and we would never know. We are apes compared to what you are trying to suggest.

How do you know what kind of materials and devices is technologically advanced race using? If someone would indeed reach us... probably radars wont track anything... but naked eye would, that is of course they dont have some sort of cloaking technology...

Our technology versus someone elses which has the capability of space travel would most likely fail in other words there could be a massive vessel orbiting our planet and we would never know. We are apes compared to what you are trying to suggest.

Maybe we were put here by distant advanced races....maybe they are God...maybe they use wormholes...

Maybe it's all just a result of our evolving way to much Neo-Cortex...and our fantastic imaginations...

Just remember... human nature suggest that what we dont understand ( at least majority ) we fear... when people fear there is one thing and one thing only that keeps repeating over the corse of history... kill it, shoot it, nuke it... it will never get pass that...

CONTACT

As the craft approaches Earth, screens go blank, data streams cut out, and communications suddenly cease. Cell phone calls are dropped and TV images go out. All of Earth's satellites fail, but optical and radio telescopes are still receiving information. The aliens have knocked out satellite communication.

Again ... This will most likely be taken as hostile action agaisnt humans... we wouldnt ask ourselves that maybe they are far superior to us and they already know our nature and have secured their greenish asses by taking out what human needs most.... Power.

Human contact with alien lifeform will never end in good way that is a FACT. Why? Because of what i wrote before... dont be ignorant, this is who we are.

• Like 2

Maybe we were put here by distant advanced races....maybe they are God...maybe they use wormholes...

Maybe it's all just a result of our evolving way to much Neo-Cortex...and our fantastic imaginations...

Maybe maybe maybe... nothing out there is sure or fact...We can talk about human facts we know them way to good...and imagination might or will help with contact, not bombs, viruses, missiles,... War doesnt solve anything it brings pain and destruction..

Do you know exactly how radar works? What its able to see, and how it does that? Do you understand electromagnetic activity? Do you know how far radar has come and what our current abilities are?

Do you know exactly how radar works? What its able to see, and how it does that? Do you understand electromagnetic activity? Do you know how far radar has come and what our current abilities are?

Well, flip, even we know how to make craft undetectable to radar*.

* or RADAR

• Like 1

I know basics of how radar works ... and stop it because we apes have stealth technology on fighter jets and naval vessels... and we dont exists very long on universal time period which means that someone who exists for example 10 000 years longer will most likely be there and our puny radars wont do us any good.. You arent comprehending the vastness of this subject...

We can only imagine of what might happen but we are tuned to our time our evolution our brain comprehension, somebody else out there is on much much higher tune like some are on lower... We simply dont know.

Edited by Tesla II

Well, flip, even we know how to make craft undetectable to radar*.

* or RADAR

Did you know this?

Schlieren Signature

Schlieren is the German plural of schliere, which is German for the English word streak. Schlieren are visible streaks produced in a transparent medium as a result of variations in the medium's density leading to variations in refractive index.[21]

Anything that disturbs the atmosphere may be detected (Schlieren Photography) because of the Schlieren effect caused by that atmospheric disturbance. This type of Measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT) detection falls under the category of Electro-optical MASINT. A telephoto or telescopic picture of a jet passing between the photographer and a full moon will sometimes show the outline of the aircraft as well as the atmospheric distortions of the exhaust plumes. This passive principle can be used at all wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum. Passive signature intelligence has captured stealth aircraft in flight by accident,

Basically the process captures shock-waves, ie: Anything moving in the atmosphere makes waves, and thus...defines its own shape to the tech that can see the shockwaves

http://en.wikipedia....ieren_Signature

1f5dd325-ea93-40f0-a7cf-502742d127f9.Large.jpg

eta: Image source and more info

http://www.aviationweek.com/Blogs.aspx?plckBlogId=blog:7a78f54e-b3dd-4fa6-ae6e-dff2ffd7bdbb&plckPostId=Blog:7a78f54e-b3dd-4fa6-ae6e-dff2ffd7bdbbPost:2c95a51b-ca08-47da-8a91-319b30f384ae

But not to veer off topic please!!

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

ALIEN INVASION COUNTDOWN

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF...?

CONTACT

What would happen is that 10 years later...we would all be speaking Chinese.

• Like 2

Just for info... in recent years some scientists made an object disappear by bind the light waves around the object thus making it invisible for naked eye which might happen same for this signature ... it wouldnt pick up anything because the radar waves or any sort of wave detection would go around the object.

Did you know this?

Schlieren Signature

Schlieren is the German plural of schliere, which is German for the English word streak. Schlieren are visible streaks produced in a transparent medium as a result of variations in the medium's density leading to variations in refractive index.[21]

Anything that disturbs the atmosphere may be detected (Schlieren Photography) because of the Schlieren effect caused by that atmospheric disturbance. This type of Measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT) detection falls under the category of Electro-optical MASINT. A telephoto or telescopic picture of a jet passing between the photographer and a full moon will sometimes show the outline of the aircraft as well as the atmospheric distortions of the exhaust plumes. This passive principle can be used at all wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum. Passive signature intelligence has captured stealth aircraft in flight by accident,

Basically the process captures shock-waves, ie: Anything moving in the atmosphere makes waves, and thus...defines its own shape to the tech that can see the shockwaves

http://en.wikipedia....ieren_Signature

1f5dd325-ea93-40f0-a7cf-502742d127f9.Large.jpg

eta: Image source and more info

http://www.aviationw...91-319b30f384ae

But not to veer off topic please!!

Oh, I knew that , but we're talking about Space, aren't we. :innocent:

• Like 1