Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guide dog presses button at pelican crossing

Still Waters

This clever guide dog can literally stop traffic - by jumping up to press the pelican crossing button.

Black labrador Miller hops up onto his back legs and carefully presses the button to make sure owner Chris Michaels, 68, crosses the road safely in Saxmundham, Suffolk.

http://www.dailymail...tton-owner.html

Awwwwwwww.... Made me happy. But some of the comments under that article are not worth reading.

• Like 1

Awwwwwwww.... Made me happy. But some of the comments under that article are not worth reading.

As are most of the comments on DM.

I made my dog a service dog. She alerts when I am in danger of falling because of my MS. Here is the kicker, she learned to do it from the cat. It is really not something you could teach. I don't even know when I am in danger of falling, but the cat knows. When the dog started doing it, I had her certified as an alert dog. She was already a trained therapy dog. Now she can go everywhere I go and keep me from getting hurt from a fall.

post-7739-0-86239700-1388956690_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Gary Larson

post-143986-0-82116800-1388958680_thumb.

Yah, I thought this was a standard guide dog act too. My blind friend's dog does this all the time.

I didn't see any pelicans. What in the heck is a 'pelican crossing'?

I didn't see any pelicans. What in the heck is a 'pelican crossing'?

We call them Zebra Crossings, but I've never seen a zebra cross at one either :P

• Like 2

We just call them boring old Cross Walks. When you want to cross the street, it's where you walk.