Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Wars hologram phone within 5 years

UM-Bot

A company in Poland is developing a 3D holographic communications mechanism for mobile phones.

The company, named Leia Display Systems after the Star Wars heroine who famously appeared to Obi-Wan Kenobi in a holographic projection, is aiming to make their groundbreaking hologram communication device available to consumers within five years.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/260323/star-wars-hologram-phone-within-5-years

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark_Grey

• Sundew

• toast

• nec207

That's fun. I'm sure there will be plenty of early adopters that will fund the next gen development. Who doesn't want a video hologram-cam on their coffee table?

That's pretty awesome

"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope"

Phone sex will never be the same!

How come every creation always come from a movie

And/or from books by, for example, Stanislav Lem, Arthur C. Clarke, Philip K. Dick, Robert A. Heinlein.

The reality of technology in present is always based on the science fiction of the past.

That's pretty awesome

"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope"

That's fine as long as I don't have to say, "Help me AT&T, you're my only hope!"

Yes but it is saying

The system will use a special camera on one end to record the video and a hologram generator on the other end that uses water vapor to produce a three-dimensional image

So where does the water vapor come from ? Does phone or device hold so much water and emit water vapor? And after X amout of time all the water is gone? How much water will it hold and for how long?

So this looks awesome , but still many questions.That article did not explain about how this hologram works.

Edited by nec207

Meh. As long as there's an easy toggle switch on the side. Sometimes I don't want to literally project what I do on my phone

Most of science fiction becomes science fact. A lot of technology we used had some iteration in science fiction.

That's fun. I'm sure there will be plenty of early adopters that will fund the next gen development. Who doesn't want a video hologram-cam on their coffee table?

Me