Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
qxcontinuum

Planes that can be seen as (UFO)

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If i'll see these far ahead i'll say UFO's :-)

F-117A Nighthawk - Made 1998

F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

4. P-791 - Made 2006

P-791-2.jpg

B-2 Spirit -Made 1998

badass-b2spirit2_zpsb7068ef6.jpg

RQ-3 Darkstar - Made 1996

300px-DarkStar_Tier_III.jpg

McDonnell Douglas A-12 Avenger II

McDonnell-Douglas-A-12-Rendering.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1324988496726

Boeing Co.'s Phantom - Remote Controlled 500 pounds.

X48B_zps6dfa52d5.jpg

Flying prototype already tested but name is not yet disclosed.

saucer3-via-tfc-iamthewitness_zps87904f91.jpg

Edited by qxcontinuum
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very like that other thread.

Number 5 is entirely hypothetical, and number 7 is patently fictitious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

None of those move like a metal ball can.

Edited by Sweetpumper
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And award for UM topic of the year goes to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would include every kind of aircraft at night.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen B-2's fly over my house never once thought they were UFO's.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conventional airplane lights are probably the source of most non-ET UFOs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I vote the B-2 for the "Scariest ******* Thing You Never Want To See Coming Towards You" award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen B-2's fly over my house never once thought they were UFO's.

I was at the Indy 500 race a number of years ago and they had one do the fly-over. The db level of the engine roar was incredible - no way it could ever be confused with a "silent" type of craft.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't the F-117 date from the early to mid 80s and not 1998 as the OP claims?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't the F-117 date from the early to mid 80s and not 1998 as the OP claims?

Yeah, it's old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The years i provided are from when were released to the public

The maiden flight for the type was conducted in 1981, and it achieved initial operating capability status in October 1983.[1] The F-117 was "acknowledged" and revealed to the world in November 1988.[4]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of those move like a metal ball can.

You Tell -em Sweetpumper ! My Liquid metal craft looked nothing like those ! E.T needs no stinkin wings anywho ! THey Gotz THe Force ! :tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't know what it is then it must be a UFO :alien:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That pretty much puts a lid on all UFO sightings.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The f117 is from the mid to late 70s it was shown in the 90s.also back in the same era my brother worked in Northrop he saw the b2. Back in the 70s when these where flow they where way a head of there time so people did think they where ufos. It's only 10 percent of sightings.but the real ufos where the other 90 percent.

Edited by coolguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the Indy 500 race a number of years ago and they had one do the fly-over. The db level of the engine roar was incredible - no way it could ever be confused with a "silent" type of craft.

I thought they could fly a bit higher than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they could fly a bit higher than that.

For the fly over of the Indy 500 track, it came over very low like they all do - the engine roar was incredibly loud.

I'm guessing their normal mission altitude is probably 35,000 feet plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The f117 is from the mid to late 70s it was shown in the 90s.also back in the same era my brother worked in Northrop he saw the b2. Back in the 70s when these where flow they where way a head of there time so people did think they where ufos. It's only 10 percent of sightings.but the real ufos where the other 90 percent.

Lockheed F117 first flight 18.06.1981

Northrop B-2 first flight 17.07.1989

70s?

Edited by toast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the fly over of the Indy 500 track, it came over very low like they all do - the engine roar was incredibly loud.

I'm guessing their normal mission altitude is probably 35,000 feet plus.

And how much sound do you hear when they're cruising toward you at 35,000 feet?

Last week I was waiting for a bus and a helicopter flew just a few hundred feet over me. I couldn't hear it at all over the traffic. Sound is not a reliable way to identify a flying object.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very like that other thread.

Number 5 is entirely hypothetical, and number 7 is patently fictitious.

You may as well add the moon, venus and lenticular clouds to the list. You are probably right they have been mistaken. They don't however account for all sightings or all UFO phenomena though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i'll see these far ahead i'll say UFO's :-)

-- Photos Removed --

Your dates are a bit off. Many of those planes in some form (proof of concept, prototypes, etc) flew long before the dates you listed. The progenitor of the F-117 for example, was Have Blue which flew first in 1977. The chances of people misinterpreting them are even greater than you suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dates listed were when they have been officialy disclosed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So then imagine 10 years of fly tests that might have spiked up UFO reporting and imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.