Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chicago's Gun Ban = Unconstitutional

CRYSiiSx2

Today the Anti-Gun supporters took another hit. A judge has ruled Chicago's ban on gun sales in city limits Unconstitutional. I'm glad to see this happen. Maybe now that people are allowed to defend themselves in Chicago, thugs will think twice and gun crime will decline.

U.S. District Judge Edmond E. Chang said in his ruling that while the government has a duty to protect its citizens, it's also obligated to protect constitutional rights, including the right to keep and bear arms for self-defense. However, Chang said he would temporarily stay the effects of his ruling, meaning the ordinances can stand while the city decides whether to appeal.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-chicagos-ban-gun-sales-unconstitutional-21442070

• Like 2

So sorry us Americans care about our rights, you saw the name of the thread. Try clicking on something else, eh?

So sorry us Americans care about our rights, you saw the name of the thread. Try clicking on something else, eh?

well maybe us nonamericans are sick of seeing it plastered everywhere we go twenty times a day

no offense but it gets to be too much after a while.

• Like 3

But the forum is 'United States and the Americas'. The Americas is the Western Hemisphere.

eh? Was the most intelligent thing you said there.

• Like 3

Today the Anti-Gun supporters took another hit. A judge has ruled Chicago's ban on gun sales in city limits Unconstitutional. I'm glad to see this happen. Maybe now that people are allowed to defend themselves in Chicago, thugs will think twice and gun crime will decline.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-chicagos-ban-gun-sales-unconstitutional-21442070

You being from Michigan I can see why your pro gun ( im middle of the road on the issue myself ). Can I ask, is it also a right to carry around a ninja katana or a switch blade, maybe even an ice pick or brass knuckels.

But the forum is 'United States and the Americas'. The Americas is the Western Hemisphere.

Not if your an American lol

• Like 2

eh? Was the most intelligent thing you said there.

Is it too much to ask you to read a thread title?

• Like 2

http://abcnews.go.co...tional-21442070

We'd probably find out, but some higher level Federal Judge will be Progressive enough to overturn it. And then the SCotUS will refuse to hear the case and it will be business (gangs killing a half dozen people per week) all over again.

To be fair, most Chicago shootings.... killings.... occur on the street from Driveby shootings. Or, so the statistics would indicate. So probably personnal gun ownership would not drop the rates of this cultural problem much.

The Federal Government should build a gigantic prison facility in Alaska and just transport all prisoners there and let them freeze their biscuits off. Maybe have it like 150 miles from the closest town so whoever escapes just freezes to death. Then have them farm their own vegies and chickens. Make them work for their food. No TV. This is supposed to be Punishment after all, and they have it easier then a grounded teenager.

I wonder what a gangster gets for a plea bargain from Murder these days.... 5... 6 years with "good" behavior? Maybe less due to crowding and financial cutbacks.

We'd probably find out, but some higher level Federal Judge will be Progressive enough to overturn it. And then the SCotUS will refuse to hear the case and it will be business (gangs killing a half dozen people per week) all over again.

To be fair, most Chicago shootings.... killings.... occur on the street from Driveby shootings. Or, so the statistics would indicate. So probably personnal gun ownership would not drop the rates of this cultural problem much.

The Federal Government should build a gigantic prison facility in Alaska and just transport all prisoners there and let them freeze their biscuits off. Maybe have it like 150 miles from the closest town so whoever escapes just freezes to death. Then have them farm their own vegies and chickens. Make them work for their food. No TV. This is supposed to be Punishment after all, and they have it easier then a grounded teenager.

I wonder what a gangster gets for a plea bargain from Murder these days.... 5... 6 years with "good" behavior? Maybe less due to crowding and financial cutbacks.

I was happy to hear of the ruling simply because what all these gun laws are doing is unconstitutional. Gangs will always be around.

• Like 1

Is it too much to ask you to read a thread title?

Is it too much that you re-read my initial response? You've started three pro-gun threads in the Western Hemisphere forum in 3 days.

Isn't one thread enough?

Edited by Likely Guy

Is it too much that you re-read my initial response? You've started three pro-gun threads in the Western Hemisphere forum in 3 days.

Isn't one thread enough?

You win, from now on will post in U.S. section above. For now though, quit derailing this thread.

• Like 1

You win, from now on will post in U.S. section above. For now though, quit derailing this thread.

Could you answer post 7

You win, from now on will post in U.S. section above...

Not a problem, plug away! :)

Could you answer post 7

Why don't you ask Google? Why the hell would I ever look any of that up?

Why don't you ask Google? Why the hell would I ever look any of that up?

Because if an Ar-15 is legal why are non guns illegal. If you want the right to bare armes it should include all arms no. Or is it the NRA making laws that only a gun should be used in self deffence and have an open carry policy.

• Like 1

Because if an Ar-15 is legal why are non guns illegal. If you want the right to bare armes it should include all arms no. Or is it the NRA making laws that only a gun should be used in self deffence and have an open carry policy.

If you are going to make a post to try insulting someone's logic, maybe you should click spell check first? Just a tip.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2

If you are going to make a post to try insulting someone's logic, maybe you should click spell check first? Just a tip.

Another quick tip. Understand what the 2nd ammendment was ment to do. You are an American right.

posting from a phone does have limitations so if my grammer is not up to par, thats your issue ;)

Edited by The Silver Thong

i think this is a valid point.
  • Like 1

You being from Michigan I can see why your pro gun ( im middle of the road on the issue myself ). Can I ask, is it also a right to carry around a ninja katana or a switch blade, maybe even an ice pick or brass knuckels.

I think it should be legal to carry those.

I know the switch blade is illegal, and brass knuckles I assume the ninja sword is. I don't know for sure though.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Excerpt from the article: "All the people I know who own guns legally are really careful," said Pacholski, whose wife, also was a plaintiff. "I'm a collector; my guns are not going anywhere unless I know where they're going because I don't want to be responsible for someone's death. This is me to a T - except that I don't have enough money to be a real collector. The bit about being REALLY CAREFUL though may be questionable in my case just now. New Year's eve I decided to make some noise with a little .380 automatic and (totally sober) I misplaced my left hand on top of my right hand grip and when I pulled the trigger the slide ripped a double path across my left thumb right down to the bone. Not quite in the same league as mistakenly harming someone else but it was an accident nonetheless and I felt and feel foolish (and really SORE). But his sentiments reflect the vast majority of gun owners I know. It isn't a crusade with them it's just a right that they do not want to be deprived of and will fight to hold on to.

• Like 4

Another quick tip. Understand what the 2nd ammendment was ment to do. You are an American right.

posting from a phone does have limitations so if my grammer is not up to par, thats your issue ;)

The 2nd Amendment says will have the right to bear arms. I have never seen someone carrying around an AR-15 walking around town. People keep them at home for self defense. A concealed weapon is usually a handgun, which isn't attracting attention. Have you ever seen someone conceal a Katana? Your question was rather stupid to be frank, and I didn't see any reason to respond to it. You thought you were funny, which is why you went out of your way to ask me to answer your question.

There is a difference between exercising your rights, and being just plain stupid. You on the other hand, can't seem to find the line between the two.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2

I think it should be legal to carry those.

I know the switch blade is illegal, and brass knuckles I assume the ninja sword is. I don't know for sure though.

I personally want to buy an RPG and a fighter jet, or at the very least an armored tank.

Be nice if the US could restructure our prison system to match the over seas systems which do a better job of rehabilitating prisoners and reintegrating them into society.

Instead we have a system that does more to perpetuate a cycle than actually do anything to prevent crime.

Edited by ShadowSot
  • Like 1

The 2nd Amendment says will have the right to bear arms. I have never seen someone carrying around an AR-15 walking around town. People keep them at home for self defense. A concealed weapon is a handgun, which is concealed. Have you ever seen someone conceal a Katana? Your question was rather stupid to be frank, and I didn't see any reason to respond to it. You thought you were funny, which is why actually asked twice to have me answer.

There is a difference between exercising your rights, and being just plain stupid. You on the other hand, can't seem to find the line between the two.

You're being ridiculous with your answers and avoiding questions, hence the strange questions you receive. It's a two way street here.

Yes, people do keep guns at home for self defense, but some also like to kill with them, and commit murders. Why would you need a gun at home for self defense I ask? Perhaps to defend against others who are trying to kill you with one? Not everyone keeps them at home for self defense. Next point please.