Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People try boiling water trick, end up burned

Keel M.

It's amazing to me what people will do just because someone online claimed to have done it with "success".

Apparently Jason DeRusha told his Twitter followers that he tossed a pot of boiling water into the air (I'm assuming he lives in one of the states hardest hit by this Polar Vortex thing) and his kids thought it was awesome. His final words.... Do it, people.

And his sheeple did. Only they all got burnt for their troubles. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Full story

• Like 2

Usually helps if it is at least minus 30.It's minus 42 here this morning and it works a treat.

Guess our American friends are struggling with this.

Idle hands do the Devil's work...

...but idle brains keep him entertained for hours and hours.

• Like 4

Room temp Battery acid works better, and has a Rainbow effect. :devil:

• Like 3

Oh, please, those of you dealing with bitter cold in America, please, oh please keep your tongues off the window glass.

• Like 2

Is 'scalding' not a word in American English? (am only curious)

Yep, both 'scalding' and 'stupid' exist in American English...which explains it all actually.

• Like 5

I just might take a walk out in this -50 degree weather.

don't tug on superman's cape, don't throw boiling water into the wind, don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and don't mess around with Jim.

• Like 3

I saw it demonstrated on the news ... a feed from some US station ... and the journalist stressed that the water must be 'really hot' ...

Gives the saying 'gettin in hot water' a whole new meaning don't it ?

~

• Like 2

I don't know the science behind it, but this trick also works (and much safer) in my area lately.

I left a 1/2 bottle of water in the vehicle overnight. It was still liquid in the morning, I even took a drink of it. But, once I pounded the bottle against the dashboard....instant freeze. It was then just a ice cube. I had to wait for it to melt to drink the rest.

I've done it twice now, the second time with a bottle of mountain Dew.

Weird.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 2

Whatever...I did it, and it was awesome. :P

I waited for there to be no wind though and dumped it off the deck if that counts for safety points at all.

• Like 3