Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-Christ. Atheists and Agnostics

sards

What would it take for you to find faith. Or would you follow popular consensus and the seduction of Satan.

I know it won't arrive in a chariot of fire and brimstone with horns and flaming fork. Too obvious. Guaranteed to turn those who remain undecided.

It will arrive . Seducing its congregation. I won't speculate on how or when, but it will arrive.

The honeymoon of its gathering will be hard to ignore for those unable to process faith . Those who rely on cold hard facts because their minds have not the capacity yet to grasp the spiritual. Until the true intentions of the anti-Christ become apparent through acts so evil and malicious against those of faith that ethically the agnostics and atheists will find themselves questioning.

I wonder how they will deal with this revelation.

Edited by sards

Perhaps the same way you are, through deception.

• Like 3

The revelation that will probably never happen? I've got time.

What would it take for you to find faith. Or would you follow popular consensus and the seduction of Satan.

I know it won't arrive in a chariot of fire and brimstone with horns and flaming fork. Too obvious. Guaranteed to turn those who remain undecided.

It will arrive . Seducing its congregation. I won't speculate on how or when, but it will arrive.

The honeymoon of its gathering will be hard to ignore for those unable to process faith . Those who rely on cold hard facts because their minds have not the capacity yet to grasp the spiritual. Until the true intentions of the anti-Christ become apparent through acts so evil and malicious against those of faith that ethically the agnostics and atheists will find themselves questioning.

The same way most human beings deal with issues in life - they will refuse to admit to others and possibly even themselves that they are wrong. Pride....

Can you honestly say that you have an open mind on the topic?

even if i could be convinced to "find faith" (whatever that might mean), i can assure you it's not going to come about due to vaguely worded, somewhat threatening posts like this.

• Like 2

Can you honestly say that you have an open mind on the topic?

Since this was posted in the Modern Mysteries, New Age and Prophecies forum. Yes.

You'll note that I said, "probably never happen".

Edited by Likely Guy

What if it turns out that organized religion itself is the anti-Christ?

I wonder how that revelation will be dealt with.

"God has no religion" - Gandhi

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 9

It won't happen in our life time.they been saying the end is near for over 100 years.

I don't believe the seduction will happen over a short time frame. It is possibly already well under way. With increasing numbers of people unable to process faith and programmed to only be receptive to hard and cold logic. Which can be easily manipulated.

I am open to this. I have seen how certain congregations are indoctrinated into giving money in return for blessing. Very commercial to say the least

Edited by sards

I sometimes think it might be real bad too. I think god will help them. Then you should just be prepared to see that help coming but I am not sure how this will work if you dont have slightest of belief. I think god will find a way then.

• Like 1

What would it take for you to find faith.

I have much faith already in innumerable things, feelings, concepts.. If you refer to 'blind faith' in some universal creator, who doesn't actually manifest him/herself except in stories, who creates people as playthings and allows them to be both kind and cruel to one another, and who applies a rule that you mustn't ever ask who created him/her, nah, I'll skip that one on the basis of the available (or rather UNavailable) evidence.

Sorry. (OK, not really..)

Or would you follow popular consensus and the seduction of Satan.

I do understand that to some folks there are only two types of people in the world - the ones who agree with *their* faith, and those who are Satanists. But me, I don't arbitrarily judge others and think in black and whites. As a photographer, I understand that there are infinite shades of *every* color...

I know it won't arrive in a chariot of fire and brimstone with horns and flaming fork. Too obvious.

Yeah, I think you're right with that bit, at least. But perhaps not because of it's 'obvious'ness..

Guaranteed to turn those who remain undecided.

So the thing that you think won't arrive is guaranteed to do something? You lost me completely there.

It will arrive . Seducing its congregation.

What exactly? And how do you know? Or are those questions not allowed either? Why?

I won't speculate on how or when,

Probably just as well, really. But could you possibly say LESS?

but it will arrive.

Well, according to a few of my faiths, namely in science and knowledge of the firmament, one day the Earth will get wiped out, whether by an asteroid, or a massive solar outburst, or the eventual death of our local star, or... But that is just what will happen, and has no real bearing on religious beliefs. As to anything coming from a supposed 'creator', perhaps a *better* plan, one which might be fairer on the general populace, might be to show him/herself and lay down the law and then see what happens, BEFORE wiping the bad guys/unbelievers out. Because frankly, I think any deity that creates both good and bad, makes some people live ecstatic lives and others suffer unbelievable pain, allows innocent kids to die, and then decides to wipe out all the ones on his/her naughty list leaving the chosen few, is far worse than any of the evil people we have already endured on this planet. If you want to worship someone who is essentially playing advanced computer games with us as the subjects, so be it. I choose not to worship such a character, and I don't think we are in any sort of a game... We are here and what becomes of us (if we survive any of the disasters that might wipe us out) is really up to .. just US.

The honeymoon of its gathering will be hard to ignore for those unable to process faith.

Very poetic, but I've never met anyone who doesn't have faith in anything, so that seems to be a rather silly statement.

Those who rely on cold hard facts because their minds have not the capacity yet to grasp the spiritual.

Why are facts cold and hard to you? Have you had a difficult life? If you feel you have a mental capacity that others don't have, feel free to believe that. Me, I wouldn't say that as it is quite insulting.

Until the true intentions of the anti-Christ become apparent through acts so evil and malicious against those of faith that ethically the agnostics and atheists will find themselves questioning.

Then perhaps you should wait until then - get back to us when all this happens, or if you want to stop being so coy about what you think will happen and when. Go on, give us some of them cold hard facts!! Again in my opinion, blaming society's ills on the influence of 'dark forces' and waiting around for a rather silent deity to fix everything is a bit of a copout. Me, I'd rather help address the problems NOW by setting an example and voting with my skills, my voice, my actions and where/how I spend my time and money.

I see no revelation in what you have said.

• Like 3

Please. I am not claiming to have any answers other than opinions. If one could bottle faith and administer it on demand we wouldn't need for angry responses.

• Like 1

You say you have no answers, after this?:

It will arrive.. it will arrive.

The honeymoon of its gathering will be hard to ignore..

I wonder how they will deal with this revelation...

They were questions, were they?

I find it revealing that you see anger in my or indeed any of these replies. I am merely bemused, and couldn't possibly be in a much better mood..

Projection, perhaps?

• Like 2

What would it take for you to find faith.

Fire and brimstone probably, and even then I'd have my fingers crossed behind my back.

Or would you follow popular consensus and the seduction of Satan.

Which is your opinion, nothing more.

I know it won't arrive in a chariot of fire and brimstone with horns and flaming fork. Too obvious.

As well as being made up.

It will arrive .

*sigh*

No, it won't. How many apocalyptic predictions not happening do we need before people realise its all just guff?

Those who rely on cold hard facts because their minds have not the capacity yet to grasp the spiritual.

The boring old "spiritual vs material" argument.

Until the true intentions of the anti-Christ become apparent through acts so evil and malicious against those of faith that ethically the agnostics and atheists will find themselves questioning.

Sure. Let me know when it happens.

• Like 8

I don't believe the seduction will happen over a short time frame. It is possibly already well under way. With increasing numbers of people unable to process faith and programmed to only be receptive to hard and cold logic. Which can be easily manipulated.

Do you seriously believe that faith itself cannot be manipulated? Please read up a little on the likes of David Koresh and Jim Jones and take a good look at the damage done by the likes of Harold Camping who, through faith made many people sell all their worldly goods in anticipation of yet another false end of the world prophecy - there are some issues about taking faith at face value without looking to evidence and facts that you need to be forever conscious and vigilant about, I believe the biggest hurdle of faith is "blind faith" and it presents itself as a pretty convincing twin of the real thing.

Deception is possible anywhere, in the highest and most morally esteemed places even.

Self deception is the most prevalent version manifested in mankind today me thinks, especially the self deception that claims we hold the truth and others by definition are outside of the truth because they do not believe what we have taken on "faith" to believe.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 3

I am open to this. I have seen how certain congregations are indoctrinated into giving money in return for blessing. Very commercial to say the least

There you go, that's the first step. But at the same time be critical in your thinking. But don't be too critical, that can lead to a bias outlook on things. Looking at all things from a third point of view will help you see with clarity, instead of in the usual black and white. It may keep you from the "us verses them" mentality. How you think is what determines how you live your life today.

Until the true intentions of the anti-Christ become apparent through acts so evil and malicious against those of faith that ethically the agnostics and atheists will find themselves questioning

Didn't Hitler do that already. What the agnostics and atheist did was take up arms and fight. Whenever the world has an evil megalomaniac, good people do something regardless of religious faith if any at all. God won't destroy us, we can do that ourselves.

Edited by XenoFish

yes we should hope not

I will not be surprised to see the faithful being executed, this is common history.

edit: I do hope not to see it in my day, but perhaps my eyes aren't open

we are encouraged not to have faith every single day

I do hope an atheist credo would be against such drastic measures

Edited by SpiritWriter

yes we should hope not

I will not be surprised to see the faithful being executed, this is common history.

edit: I do hope not to see it in my day, but perhaps my eyes aren't open

we are encouraged not to have faith every single day

I do hope an atheist credo would be against such drastic measures

Or the faithful doing the executing...

best post on the thread so far
  • Like 2

yes we should hope not

I will not be surprised to see the faithful being executed, this is common history...

'Common history' is that it's usually the faithful executing the faithful.

And atheists and agnostics have no credo. It's antithetical.

'Common history' is that it's usually the faithful executing the faithful.

And atheists and agnostics have no credo. It's antithetical.

A group of people can make a credo anyday, doesn't need to be "faith" based. I do see a lot of anger in athiest concerning the faith of others and im sure they are no better than anybody else. The thread proposes it, im just commenting. Like I said before, I hope not.