Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extending ones circle

markdohle

Extending ones circle

When politics keeps us in our own small interest group it adds further to the fragmentation of our culture. The same goes for religion, to only identify with ones faith group, is just another form of primitive tribalism that has gotten us into cycle of irrational, self destructive and war like behavior. I don’t believe that will change anytime soon, if ever. Yet when one of us becomes more human, more interested in justice, more outspoken when it is needed and yes angry when it leads to change, then a small part of the world is helped and improved. Even if it is only in our families, neighborhoods, home towns, or country, small steps will get us there, or if not, still make the world a better place to live, at least for some.

If we bypass someone in need, does this omission have an adverse affect on us? If we do it everyday does it slowly destroy something within us? Is a connection lost, does something die when this becomes a way of life? We can’t help everyone, to try to do so would be crazy I believe, but to not help anyone (?)…..well that may be another form of being crazy, isolated and cut off from some important, essential part of ones humanity. I don’t know if this makes sense at all, but I believe we are made for connection with others. Perhaps more than with our family, friends and those we can identify with. Perhaps as we increase our circle of people we know and yes love and help, we become in that process, on some level more human, less driven, less fearful of those who are different, on the fringe and ignored by many.

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 1

True I hate the religion I was born into.

I rebel and am a magician and Wizard in secret...

I talk to all kinds of people from Wizards, to Christians etc.

I don't agree with certain views.. but I do agree with nature... the animals..

and the moon and universe... they are my friends.. that much is certain...

• Like 2

True I hate the religion I was born into.

I rebel and am a magician and Wizard in secret...

I talk to all kinds of people from Wizards, to Christians etc.

I don't agree with certain views.. but I do agree with nature... the animals..

and the moon and universe... they are my friends.. that much is certain...

Until you meet an animal that is very hungry.....just kidding. Nice thoughts.

peace

mark

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 1

Yes! It's good to expand our circle...

but only let a small amount of people in our circle of Trust !

Yes! It's good to expand our circle...

but only let a small amount of people in our circle of Trust !

Trust can easily be lost, hard to wind back. So yes, we all have levels we won't share with just anyone, but only with trusted friends, or perhaps only one friend. To have one good friend is a true blessing, more valuable that the wealth of the world.

peace

mark

• Like 1

I have a big circle and we sit round a fire and bang on drums. Kind of a tribal thing going on.

• Like 3

I have a big circle and we sit round a fire and bang on drums. Kind of a tribal thing going on.

LOL, now that sounds like fun my friend.

Peace

mark

• Like 1

that sounds like fun especially being in a forest or place with lots of nature around!

I am more at peace when I am in a nature settings... also camp fires are wonderful

• Like 2