Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unsealed: Alien Files.... Seriously?

seeder

Kierkegaard observed that there are 2 ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true, and the other is to refuse to believe what actually is true.

That implies that I could make up a story and tell you that it's true and you'd believe it because you don't want to be fooled into not believing what is actually true.

Journalism is the craft of providing entertaining filler to go between the ads. 'Truth' is not a factor.

• Like 1

oh for pity's sake, please stop assuming I'm some loony believer, just because I don't automatically reach for the hosepipe to pour cold water on everything that anyone ever mentions. And for heavens sake, if you were look in the Conspiracies & Secret Societies section, surely you'd realise that I don't believe in 98% of these conspiracy theories and so on. Have you ever thought that I might be being tongue in cheek sometimes?

The idea is to challenge. The spirit of this is not inherently destructive though that is sometimes the result. Just as you would test a rope bridge a bit before venturing across it, you might test an idea before allowing into your head. This is a reasonable and necessary approach.

• Like 2

Kierkegaard observed that there are 2 ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true, and the other is to refuse to believe what actually is true.

So you just described the believer and the cynic. You left out the third and most important group, the skeptics. Skeptics test the idea against logic and reason to see if there is any correlation with reality. Skeptics are not likely to be fooled in any event.

• Like 4

Clearly; as Critical Thinkers here the at Explained Mysteries Forum have logically deduced, ALL "lights in the sky" are natural events, and ALL so-called UFO's are terrestrially fabricated. There are NO FILES to be UNSEALED. ALL so-called 'reports' are easily explainable, without even glancing at the purported 'evidence'. Let's just drop the whole subject, since it doesn't exist but in the feeble minds of a few tin-foil hat wearing kooks.

Clearly; as Critical Thinkers here the at Explained Mysteries Forum have logically deduced, ALL "lights in the sky" are natural events, and ALL so-called UFO's are terrestrially fabricated. There are NO FILES to be UNSEALED. ALL so-called 'reports' are easily explainable, without even glancing at the purported 'evidence'. Let's just drop the whole subject, since it doesn't exist but in the feeble minds of a few tin-foil hat wearing kooks.

Perfect example of the Cynical position right there.

Now, the Credulous position would be to fully believe everything these TV shows tell us.

However, the Skeptical position is actually what real critical thinkers employ...we tend ot look for actual evidence (not the stuff from TV shows).

• Like 4

However, the Skeptical position is actually what real critical thinkers employ...we tend ot look for actual evidence (not the stuff from TV shows).

What evidence? There is NONE!

What evidence? There is NONE!

There is quite a lot of evidence actually (even crackpot testimonies are evidence of something). The disagreement comes from what exactly that evidence implies and what it doesn't and what determinations can be made from that. Good evidence on the other hand is hard to come by.

• Like 2

Actually, no one has shown they a are NOT natural events. Nor has anyone shown evidence of ET visitation. If you choose to believe, great. There just not enough evidence to get the rest of us on board.

Perfect example of the Cynical position right there.

Now, the Credulous position would be to fully believe everything these TV shows tell us.

Nailed it.

• Like 1

I came across this show the last few weeks too. Whilst I find the original cases intriguing, this show always seems to skim the surface and descend into regurgitated theories over and over from what I've caught. They have some nice graphics and music for sure. I particularly get the creeps from this gnarled alien creature they have sometimes, it severely freaks me out! I always have a long chuckle at the zealous whacked out theories they repeat on a ludicrous yet irately impassioned way, it's incredibly satisfying to see how they link pretty much everything to things like 'ancient astronaut theorists believe this...' etc. The absolute legend Giorgio A. Tsoukalos almost always pops up with some pretty epic reasoning too, gotta love the guy!

1dc865f5baac7864fa0b0fb127903e08.jpeg?itok=gJyQzZXG

It's important to denigrate any inquiry into UFO events. Keep up the good work!

The best way to shut up the critics is to show some evidence.

• Like 3

anytime i see an influx of ufo crap and all that, i begin thinking about something else.

my father and mother were in the military.. they met in the military.. and my father always said 'ufo is something the government will always be vague on because they need people to believe in ufos and coverups, the more they believe the government is covering up something on aliens, the less they look into facts of what the military and government is doing, which has absolutely nothing to do with aliens/ufo's.. but usually more with military actions against other countries or testings on its own countries'

And I honestly think he is right.

Plus in truth, if aliens came here and are still coming here, if there is any coverups it is not by OUR earthy technology, it is by the aliens. Nothing done by anyone on earth could coverup aliens from outer space. We do not have the technology. If they want to be known to us, they will be.

*shrugs*

pple forget to use their heads and actually think.

Maybe in a way, thinking of conspiracies is two fold. It protects the government a bit longer in the activities they are actually doing on the sly, PLUS it makes the pple who believe sooo hard core, have something to believe in and feel compelled to push towards others. It turned into some kind of psychological need of some pple.. bet no one saw that coming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im always skeptical about anything UFO/Alien related on tv, imo its geared for the novice. The show was created by John Greenwald and the show is built around incidents that he was able to get throught the freedom of information act from the US Goverment. He has a website theblackvault.com site itself isnt that great in terms of forum activity its pretty much for the novice Ufologist but he does have tons of case files there that is a nice resource that our community really needs. I would definetly recomend checking out case files if that your thing thats about it though

Edited by sangha

It's important to denigrate any inquiry into UFO events. Keep up the good work!

It is important to study the UFO phenomena as they may even be a source of free power.

And yes, it is important to separate the rubbish from actual research. To be offended by that makes no sense whatsoever.

So you can verify and explain every type of natural phenomena on earth then I take it? Seeming as they are explainable? That's quite a claim right there.

quote:

"While searching for something interesting to watch, I stumbled across a program called Unsealed: Alien Files and my only comment is, "Seriously?"

This is one of the reasons that we have trouble getting science and journalism to take UFO reports seriously. It is one of the reasons that so many people have so little time for UFOs or who believe those seeing UFOs are deluded.

Ok, and now the punch line:

This program, in the guise of a documentary, was filled with every half-baked idea, every conspiracy theory associated with UFOs, and every lousy piece of evidence available. It was horrendous.

keep reading

http://kevinrandle.b...-seriously.html

LoL, keep reading??? after what you just told me about It? :-*

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps