Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danibear

Vicky Hall

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone :blush:

This is my first post, although I am not a stranger to the UM forums having whiled away many an afternoon perusing the wonders and mysteries of this site.

I have done some searching but havent yet found a topic on this, its something i have spent many an hour on since it happened:

Quote: Seventeen-year-old Victoria (Vicky) Hall went missing at about 2.30am on Sunday, 19 September 1999, as she walked towards her home in Faulkeners Way, Trimley St Mary. Vicky’s body was found, about 25 miles away, in a stream near Creeting St Peter (near Stowmarket) at 7.30pm on Friday, 24 September 1999. Source: Wiki UK unsolved murders.

http://www.telegraph...ed-screams.html

http://wolfiewiseguy...toria-hall.html

http://www.ipswichst...mented_1_175230

The above is a local news appeal for information 10 years on.

There is some noise that it could be linked to the 'Suffolk Strangler' (Steve Wright) who became prolific in 2006 for a string of prostitute murders in Ipswich, almost slap bang in the middle of where Vicky was from (Felixstowe area) and where she was found (Stowmarket area). There is even a a road (A14) that runs from Felixstowe, past Ipswich and Stowmarket and on towards Cambridge.

I find this particularly interesting as I lived in Ipswich until 2008, and have spent the last 5 years in Stowmarket and the surrounding villages. I have also worked in Felixstowe and spent time there socially, including in the Bandbox where Vicky was before she went missing.

My parents live in Ipswich and I work there too. I worked in retail in Ipswich, working strange hours around the time the 'Suffolk Strangler' murders were occurring (it was Christmas, so dark and cold) and the sense of fear was unreal. I would love to elaborate on these murders but they really deserve their own thread, who knows - could be my next!

There has been a trial and acquittal in this mystery already:

http://www.dailymail...ias-murder.html

I really feel for the poor girls mum. There was even a rumour at the time that her partner was involved.

I have my own theories about what happened to Vicky, but that is a future post. I would like to see what you guys think of this.

It sounds to me like the jury's verdict was correct to acquit Bradshaw of the murder.

I'd like to know more about Bradshaw's taxi ride home from the Bandbox.

Bradshaw said he didn't remember where he'd been let out of the taxi, but he said he thought it was outside his home. (If he was drunk- and it was reported that he'd drank 10 pints of beer- then I can make sense of him not remembering.)

If he wasn't let out at his home, then why not? I'd like to know what the taxi driver had to say.

I wonder why her friend didn't seem to recognize her voice or the scream. It seems to be if I were walking with someone at night and had just parted from them that would have been my first thought. None of the articles seemed to have directly referenced that she did.

There also was no mention of DNA was there anything found on her ? I realize she was naked but would seem under the nails would still be available.

I also thought it was telling that your serial killer's name from the portion of the license plate was one of the first that popped up. That would seem to me to be a strong indication of involvement in view of his later conviction.

1 person likes this

It sounds to me like the jury's verdict was correct to acquit Bradshaw of the murder.

I'd like to know more about Bradshaw's taxi ride home from the Bandbox.

Bradshaw said he didn't remember where he'd been let out of the taxi, but he said he thought it was outside his home. (If he was drunk- and it was reported that he'd drank 10 pints of beer- then I can make sense of him not remembering.)

If he wasn't let out at his home, then why not? I'd like to know what the taxi driver had to say.

I agree regarding the acquittal, all they really had was dirt, from the same place yes, but no doubt many people roubd here have wandered there also.

I also agree about the taxi driver. I cant find anywhere that he ever made a statement that was made available to the public. Or even anything at all regarding that taxi ride home.

I wonder why her friend didn't seem to recognize her voice or the scream. It seems to be if I were walking with someone at night and had just parted from them that would have been my first thought. None of the articles seemed to have directly referenced that she did.

There also was no mention of DNA was there anything found on her ? I realize she was naked but would seem under the nails would still be available.

I also thought it was telling that your serial killer's name from the portion of the license plate was one of the first that popped up. That would seem to me to be a strong indication of involvement in view of his later conviction.

In one article I read, she hears a scream not long after they part, but she thought someone was messing around which I guess isn't unusual for a drunken walk home.

She was naked and in flowing water. Official verdict of suffocation. The DNA could have been washed away.

Interestingly 3 of the 6 known Suffolk Strangler victims were found in this manner and the bodies had been shaved to remove all hair and had their nails trimmed. However I do not know this kind of detail about Vicky’s body.

The place they found one of the SS victims was not far from where I lived and I spent a lot of time in the area where they found the body. It is not dissimilar to the area Vicky was found.

But I do agree, the fact he was listed on the reg plate basis and that he lived in Trimley at the time is an indication there could have been something more than meets the eye there. It is rumoured he could be linked to almost 11 other murders also. Im not sure if the car he had back then was the one he was caught on CCTV kerb crawling in. I highly doubt it. In the end he left his DNA on one of the girls and he was found out as he had been arrested for stealing £50 back in the 80's. It was awful, ipswich is small enough that many people knew at least one of the girls by sight, which adds a more personal youch to the tragedy.

1 person likes this

In one article I read, she hears a scream not long after they part, but she thought someone was messing around which I guess isn't unusual for a drunken walk home.

She was naked and in flowing water. Official verdict of suffocation. The DNA could have been washed away.

Interestingly 3 of the 6 known Suffolk Strangler victims were found in this manner and the bodies had been shaved to remove all hair and had their nails trimmed. However I do not know this kind of detail about Vicky’s body.

The place they found one of the SS victims was not far from where I lived and I spent a lot of time in the area where they found the body. It is not dissimilar to the area Vicky was found.

But I do agree, the fact he was listed on the reg plate basis and that he lived in Trimley at the time is an indication there could have been something more than meets the eye there. It is rumoured he could be linked to almost 11 other murders also. Im not sure if the car he had back then was the one he was caught on CCTV kerb crawling in. I highly doubt it. In the end he left his DNA on one of the girls and he was found out as he had been arrested for stealing £50 back in the 80's. It was awful, ipswich is small enough that many people knew at least one of the girls by sight, which adds a more personal youch to the tragedy.

I neglected to say Welcome to the Forum Dani !!!

The perpetrators are prepared, the victims and witnesses aren't expecting it. To me though that sounds as if it were a quick, burst of a scream rather than one that would indicate a struggle.

You mention you have lived in the area. It sounds like more of a small town atmosphere that's normally thought to be pretty safe. And it sounds like it still frightens you a bit to think about it and I don't blame you. Terrible to think that we always imagine this kind of awful criminal to have obvious horns and a tale or at least be hideously dirty and ugly and they aren't.

Are you familiar with the actual route the girl would have walked toward her home ? Can you identify a location that she most likely would have been taken from behind ?

The serial killer does seem like the most likely to have been involved. The name coming up, then the girl being naked, even if she wasn't shaved like the rest. Those styles sometimes seem to develop as they "practice." Where does her murder fit into the sequence of the other known murders ?

Is this still an open case?! OMG. I was a sixthformer at the same time and was in the Bandbox that night. I had to go back and help film the Crimewatch reconstruction the BBC did. I was only thinking about this the other day and wondered what progress had been made. It wasn't until I searched a few min ago and realised it's still an open case. Jesus. I guess there hasn't been any progress since the last post?

I know this forum is old but personally I think that she was killed by Steve wright "the suffolk strangler" her body was found in a water filled ditch like Steve wrights victims also Steve use to live in trimley where vicky lived. Also just before her death a car was spotted following a women near where she was abducted. The woman could only remember part of the number plate which matched Steve wrights car.

What I look at is the scenario in which the abduction occurred and since she was walking in her own neighborhood at 2:30 am, right off the bat, it looks like she might have been targeted at some earlier time so that the perp recognized the opportunity.

Also, I question who else might have been out and about since Hall's friend wasn't alarmed about hearing a scream- or screams, whichever it was...At the time, she didn't think anything of it and so I wonder whether or not that actually was Hall she'd heard. Same with the report of the loud car exhaust. (Btw, was that a different witness?)

Anyway, I wonder if those circumstances are even related to the disappearance because I'm actually not sure they are.

What I look at is the scenario in which the abduction occurred and since she was walking in her own neighborhood at 2:30 am, right off the bat, it looks like she might have been targeted at some earlier time so that the perp recognized the opportunity.

Also, I question who else might have been out and about since Hall's friend wasn't alarmed about hearing a scream- or screams, whichever it was...At the time, she didn't think anything of it and so I wonder whether or not that actually was Hall she'd heard. Same with the report of the loud car exhaust. (Btw, was that a different witness?)

Anyway, I wonder if those circumstances are even related to the disappearance because I'm actually not sure they are.

As far as i know the scream and the loud exhaust were heard by two different people.

I'm not sure the two are related to be honest, but after so many years and nothing to go on i would really like to see something new come to light. Its just very weird, no one saw anuything or anyone, where as anyone who lives in suffolk knows were all a bunch of nosy gits who love a snoop - someone knows something they aret letting on.

Still not sure they can rule the mums partner out either, he did a 'bit of a Ian Huntley' on the telly, giving it the biggun that he was soooo sad and soooo devastated, looking a bit smirky at the time. Funny enough Stuart Hall did the same thing with the grand-daughter of his partner that he had already killed and stored in the loft of their house.

Is this still an open case?! OMG. I was a sixthformer at the same time and was in the Bandbox that night. I had to go back and help film the Crimewatch reconstruction the BBC did. I was only thinking about this the other day and wondered what progress had been made. It wasn't until I searched a few min ago and realised it's still an open case. Jesus. I guess there hasn't been any progress since the last post?

Most definately still open as far as i know, assume its a cold case these days as little has been heard for years. I have an inkling Steve Wright (the suffolk strangler) had something to do with it - Lived in the area, partial number plate match, SS victims found in similar states/locations to VH. All seems a bit too linked for me to rule him out definitively. I was at school in Ipswich at the time but spent a lot of time in FStowe back then. I was also working at copdock when the SS was active, very scary times.

I know this forum is old but personally I think that she was killed by Steve wright "the suffolk strangler" her body was found in a water filled ditch like Steve wrights victims also Steve use to live in trimley where vicky lived. Also just before her death a car was spotted following a women near where she was abducted. The woman could only remember part of the number plate which matched Steve wrights car.

I would be inclined to agree. Nothing definitive though which shuts this case down.