Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fish leaps from lake to catch bird in flight

UM-Bot

Remarkable footage has captured the moment a fish jumped out of the water to catch a passing bird.

While the sight of a bird swooping down to catch a fish might not raise too many eyebrows, a research team filming an African lake recently caught on camera the peculiar spectacle of a Tigerfish leaping out of the water to catch a low-flying bird.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/260614/fish-leaps-from-lake-to-catch-bird-in-flight

Somewhere on line not long ago I saw a film of a pigeon climbing into the open mouth of a pelican and being swallowed whole. Nothing about nature surprises me anymore.

• Like 1

That's definitely payback being a b****.

Harte

• Like 1

Yes, indeed, it's usually the other way around. Absolutely remarkable.

(couldn't watch the vid right now but ) .. I'll bet the birds fly along the surface of the water to catch bugs on the surface or hovering there... those fish got hip to it a long time ago. I'll also bet those fish are used to eating other birds too ... baby ducks and such? I've seen baby ducks get snatched by big pike before !

I saw that pelican eat the pigeon, it was in st james' park, random thing was, it was the first sighting of a pelican in London. Does anyone know what species of fish this was in the video?

• Like 1

The music on this video is the worst. The video is pretty sweet, though.

There are also those French catfish that leap onto the beach to catch pigeons. But, catching a swallow on the wing seems harder to me.

hahahah if its real I bet the bird got away.

The music on this video is the worst. The video is pretty sweet, though.

Whooooooowww. good banjo rhythms? hmph.....I like them so much I have considered taking up the instrument.

african-tigerfish-01-625x450.jpg

Holy chit...this is a tigerfish...and if I'm not mistaken the guy posing with the fish is the dude from river monsters.

• Like 1

There are also those French catfish that leap onto the beach to catch pigeons. But, catching a swallow on the wing seems harder to me.

They are amazing.

I have seen a video of a Turtle taking a Pigeon too.

Vicious place the animal kingdom.

I think the most amazing thing I have seen is the flash frozen fish in the other thread.

african-tigerfish-01-625x450.jpg

Holy chit...this is a tigerfish...and if I'm not mistaken the guy posing with the fish is the dude from river monsters.

One of them, there are some pics on the net where he has an even meaner specimen in hand.

I do like that show. :tu:

Edited by psyche101