Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Permit to hunt endangered African black rhino

7 posts in this topic

A permit to hunt an endangered African black rhino has sold for $350,000 at a Dallas auction held to raise money for conservation efforts but criticized by wildlife advocates.

http://www.telegraph...for-350000.html

Im against hunting animals but people but these permits do pay for conservation of alot of animals.

I say if they want to make some real money, they should sell human hunting permits. They could put a bunch of pedophiles & the like on reserve let the highest bidder pick them off instead of endangered species.

There is something very dark and sad about this.

And that the permit was sold in Dallas, Texas just seems so apropos.

This does little for the image of southerners.

I say if they want to make some real money, they should sell human hunting permits. They could put a bunch of pedophiles & the like on reserve let the highest bidder pick them off instead of endangered species.

There are towns in mexico and south america where gangs run amock and terrorize the population... and all gang members are heavily tattooed with specific gang tattoos. I say that the governments of those towns should sell gang banger hunting permits to wealthy American southerners. Solve a bunch of problems in one swipe.

The local news said the reason why he was up for hunt was because he is past his prim and and they had problems with him being overly aggressive.

Im against hunting animals but people but these permits do pay for conservation of alot of animals.

So it's ok to kill an endangered animal and claim it is all for the preservation of its species? And they have the nerve to try and justify it because said animal is no longer "useful" and is aggressive?

I hate to burst their bathtub bubbles but last I heard, rhinos are not exactly cuddly and don't seem to like it when you try to hug them or scratch them behind their ears. They're a tad touchy....

1 person likes this

The local news said the reason why he was up for hunt was because he is past his prim and and they had problems with him being overly aggressive.

Then that makes it slaughter, doesn't it? There is no sport in killing an old bull. We can only pray that his first shot is true.

Edited by moonshadow60
1 person likes this