Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the conspiracy?

Cosmic Ray

So apparently history as we know it is false, and archeologists and historians conspire together to hide the real facts of our past from us.

Why?

I have yet to hear from anyone what the reason is for this. What is so terrifying that we must not know? What is stopping researchers, who would give their eye teeth to announce the career enhancing proof that aspects of accepted history are wrong, from doing so? From giants to aliens to advanced ancient civilisations and more, apparently all are being covered up, but why?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum section but it seemed appropriate to put it here.

• Like 4

You can't let people find out about the power of the crystal skulls - it might fall into the wrong hands.

If we allow everyone to know that to obtain free energy forever all you have to do is build a pyramid, what would happen to the utility companies that donate all those campaign dollars?

How could we keep the brown people down?

Harte

• Like 6

Who knows? Why are ancient artefacts that depict penises and vaginas not 'nice' to display in museums? Modern Society being 'up itself'?

• Like 4

In very general terms, the worldwide Iniquitous Conspiracy is because of the Rebellion of Lucifer, who was our local System Sovereign, & also because of that following by the Devil Caligastia, our former Planetary Prince, or the one called 'the Prince of of this world' by JESUS our local universe God, in the New Testament.

The Urantia Revelation reveals this iniquity in general & with many details, & that in consequence our planet was put under spiritual quarantine hundreds of thousands of years ago, for example see:

The Urantia Papers[/b]'] The Urantia Book, Part 2, Paper 53

The Lucifer Rebellion

53:0.1 LUCIFER was a brilliant primary Lanonandek Son of Nebadon. He had experienced service in many systems, had been a high counselor of his group, and was distinguished for wisdom, sagacity, and efficiency. Lucifer was number 37 of his order, and when commissioned by the Melchizedeks, he was designated as one of the one hundred most able and brilliant personalities in more than seven hundred thousand of his kind. From such a magnificent beginning, through evil and error, he embraced sin and now is numbered as one of three System Sovereigns in Nebadon who have succumbed to the urge of self and surrendered to the sophistry of spurious personal liberty — rejection of universe allegiance and disregard of fraternal obligations, blindness to cosmic relationships.

(...)

.LM. :gun: :alien::su

The Urantia Papers--of 4 total parts--are free online to read entirely & they're already in the public domain. ...

So apparently history as we know it is false, and archeologists and historians conspire together to hide the real facts of our past from us.

Why?

I have yet to hear from anyone what the reason is for this. What is so terrifying that we must not know? What is stopping researchers, who would give their eye teeth to announce the career enhancing proof that aspects of accepted history are wrong, from doing so? From giants to aliens to advanced ancient civilisations and more, apparently all are being covered up, but why?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum section but it seemed appropriate to put it here.

It seems to be the best excuse by those suffering from intellectual laziness for not attempting to research and understand what is known and how it's known on any number of subjects, but want to push their intellectual failure off on some variety of "boogey-man", so they don't have to take any personal responsibility for their predicament.

cormac

Yeah, Urantia helps extensively against intellectual laziness. ... :sk

Who knows? Why are ancient artefacts that depict penises and vaginas not 'nice' to display in museums? Modern Society being 'up itself'?

Good point:

The Cerne-abbas Giant

Cerne-abbas-giant-2001-cropped.jpg

The Cerne-abbas Giant as it was know before photography

415px-Cerne-abbas-giant-1842.jpg

A conspiracy of dicklessness!

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 7

Why are ancient artefacts that depict penises and vaginas not 'nice' to display in museums? Modern Society being 'up itself'?

re the penises, maybe its because they are always bigger? And men decide what gets displayed?

• Like 8

Good point:

The Cerne-abbas Giant

The Cerne-abbas Giant as it was know before photography

A conspiracy of dicklessness!

Harte

lol

:nw:

Yeah, Urantia helps extensively against intellectual laziness being taken seriously.

cormac

• Like 6

Why?

Laziness. All historians are bone idle. It is known.

*Snip*

--Jaylemurph

Edited by kmt_sesh
  • Like 5

Maybe because we now live in an era in which man must be metrosexual wear pink shirts shaving his body hair,wear scarf and gossip like women over-crossing their feet while standing consuming a bottle of perfume monthly...shall i continue?

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 3

Why?

It's the same reason they won't entertain most Ooparts; because it challenges Creationism and Evolutionism, both. No one wants the task of trying to rewrite history, because admittiing everything you mentioned would force them to do so.

• Like 1

Maybe because we now live in an era in which man must be metrosexual wear pink shirts shaving his body hair,wear scarf and gossip like women over-crossing their feet while standing consuming a bottle of perfume monthly...shall i continue?

Well, I only drink perfume when I'm out of whiskey.

Not bad with a little seltzer.

Harte

• Like 4

No need. I've heard Obama talking.

• Like 3

The point of this thread was to give the believers a chance to give some flesh to their hypothesis. So far, nothing except humour and some blatant nonsense from someone with extremely bad taste in fonts.

Are there no Zosers et al who can elucidate me on the reasons for this scholarly misdirection?

The point of this thread was to give the believers a chance to give some flesh to their hypothesis. So far, nothing except humour and some blatant nonsense from someone with extremely bad taste in fonts.

Are there no Zosers et al who can enlighten me on the reasons for this scholarly misdirection?

• Like 2

Why?

It's Satan, we know he flies around planting fossils, he has obviously possessed most if not all scientists and researchers. It's because the earth is only 6000 years old and he doesn't want anyone finding out about it!
  • Like 2

Heres one more reason, Penises can be frightening for some, but others almost go into instant fantasy mode. :lol:

• Like 5

Why?

I have yet to hear from anyone what the reason is for this. What is so terrifying that we must not know?

Cosmic Ray

All joking aside, I really have only a few suggestions why SOME people will insist history is wrong.

Let me start not at the beginning but with a good example anyway, from Hartes post, no 8, which shows the The Cerne-abbas Giant with and without penis.

Heres a quoute:

"During the 19th century the ditches that make up the giant's penis were filled in with dirt by prudish Victorians"

Ok so in one sentence we have a tad of enlightenment in regard to the chalk man... "Prudish Victorians covered his manhood up". So lets say you grew up in the era when the prudishness stopped and the dingdong was revealed again.... if you were of a certain disposition you may say that all the previous images you saw of the chalk figure "WERE wrong, something was covered up, literally too!! And youd be right. But then a paranoid thinker might question why it was covered up, (without considering prudish attitudes of the time)

yes I can see how that one works.

But lets go farther back in time. You know modern sciences, all of them, have only really stepped up in gears in the last say 200 years. Before that time was a lot of imaginative hearsay. Obviously no instant reference abilities like with todays internet and the way it allows instant info for cross checking of facts etc.

So a few hundred years ago people lived with few books written by imaginative authors with little actual knowledge. Many couldn't read of course so had to listen to the folklores and preachers and learn things that way. The churchgoers were filled with the fear of god by the preachers of the time, who indeed told stories of David v Goliath, and that 'there were giants in the world in those days', and people took it literally.

Now if you tried telling those people there were no giants, it'd create a conflict of thought, you see on one hand, every Sunday at the church they were filled with the dread of the biblical teachings, on the other hand, non religious types would brush aside the notion of giants of old, - but for the churchgoer, they have to decide, and as God is bigger than man, they'd HAVE to accept the fallacy that indeed, there were giants, in order not to displease their idea of god.

And they told their children these tales, who told their children, and some generations later, in the light of recent understandings, some bright person stands up and rejects the biblical stories.

The only thing religion HAS is its stories, so to reject them will create the notion of heresy, and your called a heretic. Think Galileo, who said the world went round the Sun, as it does of course. Now this didn't go down well with the Roman Catholics who made him retract his statement and jailed him. (For being right)

See how that worked? Someone dared to use science to dismiss religious notions, and the Church, who held the real power in those days, decided to get rid of him.

So Church says science is wrong, and science vice versa. Two bodies of apparent knowledge at conflict with each other? And the common folk don't know what the heck to believe. The church has MADE them believe in certain stories, and science is saying, Sorry, thats baloney. Who you gonna believe? And can you see how it will force the choice on some people, who will choose one while rejecting the other.

Now if you reject something, its because you dont believe it, or dont want to believe it, so one doctrine must be right while the other must be wrong. A choice must be made. So either religion is right and science is wrong, and for the religious, then the religious stories win and science is rejected. Of course fossils arent our ancestors, we have only been here 6000 years - say the religious!!

But science progresses, discoveries are made..and old wives tales that people believed in for their lives were suddenly jangled and proved incorrect by the sciences. Like Darwin did

Charles Darwin was a classic case of choosing between religious stories and science fact. . All the religious people believed God created this world, and man was made by gods hand from the clay, and he put them on this world for a reason. They believed that they had purpose in life and would be going to heaven after, its a nice thing to believe isnt it?

But when Charles Darwin came along and said that we're related to monkeys, people got very upset. Because if you question one part of the bible, you're questioning the entire bible, and that's what Darwin did. After he released his book, people found it upsetting to know that we are here by chance, and that we don't actually have a purpose on earth.

And many rejected his ideas, his hard work and years of study. Specially the Church who didn't want to lose their cash cow and mind control

So in my humble view, where people were once quite content to believe in the Preachers and hell-fire and brimstone, there came along new views, new opinions, sciences, new discoveries that shook the old stories and beliefs to their roots

Just my opinion of course

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

the conspiracy involving suppression of information regarding scientific evidence , advanced technologies , the spiritual , aliens ect are said to come from an elite group that control large corporations that we have all heard about , they do this simply because they can and because they feel that you dont need to know about certain things that may take away the control they have and would put a major dent in any alleged agenda's that they might have for the future , in order to stay in power and at the top of what they control , like for example they own the pharmaceutical industry that makes untold income like hundreds of billions per year from prescription drugs so if there was an invention that could destroy cancer or completely heal any disease than that obviously is a threat to the hundreds of billion made each year so would be better for business to suppress this invention and keep things going as they are , also with there supression of information itis to prevent you from becoming too intelligent , knowledge is power and if you want to stay in power you suppress the knowledge you also mix in lots of lies with certain information like how our history is said to be a lie by many conspiracy researchers and you only lie because you care about what the people or person would do if they found out the truth so with the suppression conspiracy it would make sense to me that if itis true and i personally believe itis that its all because of power and maintaining it , this illuminati everyone goes on about are the illuminated or the enlightened meaning they have been enlightened they have knowledge you do not and have power because of it also they are sun worshipers who use the symbol of the eye of horus which is the third eye all seeing eye around the sun which horus was associated with and the fremasonic pyramid , horus was the sun that brought light , illumination and they use it for there illuminati symbol apparently its what ive heard anyway is that they want to bring in a new world order after a mass depopuation event and micro chip everyone for a corporation controlled society ect ect .

and apparently cancer was cured by a royal raymond rife in the 50s by use of a machine that was discredited or is a conspiracy that it was discredited due to it not being replicatable or something , and there are conspiracys to do with the pharmaceuticals and almost everything but it does seem to involve the same people or powerful family corporations being behind it , i dont no i like conspiracies but some of them are a bit too much but some of them make alot of sense , definatley think some are very possible to be true but i do think once you start believing in one conspiracy its easier to believe in another and most people i think do but i see where they come from if one is true then another one can be and if theyve lied about this then they could of lied about that sort of thing you no ,anyway hope this helps .

Well,let me put it this way:a society that covered table and chair legs so not to show a naked leg would certainly not leave a depiction of a dick around, and that would be the Victorian era.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 2

Breathe man, for goodness sake.

This is specifically about the supposed covering up of our "true" history, any other kind of conspiracy does not belong here.

Although something you said does shine a light on the subject somewhat:

"One you start believing in one conspiracy it's easier to believe in another"

In other words, facts are irrelevant. This is all about belief, and the desire to believe, that there are forces controlling our lives that we have no power over. People who wish their own life was better in some way, but cannot accept that they are too lazy or incompetent to do something about, so it is easier to say that mysterious forces are in control. Also, being privy to this "secret" information makes them feel special, extraordinary.

I was hoping a believer would chine in with some kind if feasible reason why our history would be the victim of a cover up. But nothing. Just baseless rantings, as usual. If they cannot come up with a good reason for the conspiracy, way should we put any faith in their alternative ideas such as giants, aliens, geysers, ancient technology etc?

• Like 1

Seeder

Great post, very accurate about certain types of conspiracy too. The church has obviously tried to cover up various scientific advances, and many religious people still try to, although the RC church is a little more open minded these days.

While this does explain some peoples views, I think the majority of "alternative historians" don't actually have any basis for their conspiracy claims, it's simply that it is a convenient way to dismiss any evidence that conflicts with their own personal fantasies.

• Like 3

There's no "conspiracy" per se.

When the truth conflicts with what we already know it is the truth which has to go. This

affects no one more strongly than those who make their living in the status quo.

Man knows far more than ever before. Indeed, he knows far more than what is true. Most

of what we know is opinion and perspective with no real meaning except to us. Most of

what we know isn't even really true but is belief.

• Confused 1