Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Duck33

My day time UFO sighting

74 posts in this topic

No fuzzy, night time shimmering lights here, no sireee

IMG_1597_zpsc18c0994.jpg

Location Aberdeen City NE Sctoland @ 12.20pm Monday Jan 13th 2014. Blue cloudless sky on a crisp windless day Wind was 3 km/h. No lights, just a bright white object.

2 people like this

hello Duck,

couple of questions/points:

- I notice pixelation around the object when blown up

- how long did you see the object for

- did you see it arrive or leave

- what where you doing at the time

- what did object look like with the naked eye

have you seen a UFO prior to this

thanks

1 person likes this

I notice pixelation around the object when blown up

You can blame Apple's crappy camera in the iphone 4 for that.

Moved across the sky and lost sight of it behimd the trees within 15/20 seconds I'd say

No, it was there then it moved behind the trees and was lost from sight.

Walking to work

It looked exactly as it is in the photo.First thought was Balloon, second thought was plastic carrier bag but since there was really no way for me to tell how close the object was I'll hold off on speculation, noted the wind strength and speed as it was a very calm, windless day *at ground level anyway*

1 person likes this

Moved across the sky and lost sight of it behimd the trees within 15/20 seconds I'd say

Walking to work

It looked exactly as it is in the photo.First thought was Balloon, second thought was plastic carrier bag but since there was really no way for me to tell how close the object was I'll hold off on speculation, noted the wind strength and speed as it was a very calm, windless day *at ground level anyway*

ok many thanks for the answers.

I am sure some of the local 'photgraphy' experts will arrive soon....I am sure they will require the original with EXIF data etc etc....

bye for now. :tu:

1 person likes this

ok many thanks for the answers.

I am sure some of the local 'photgraphy' experts will arrive soon....I am sure they will require the original with EXIF data etc etc....

bye for now. :tu:

@DUCK33

Good to see new blood in here Man ! Welcome ! Great photo too ! Could be about anything ,balloon,or the like,Keep telling us the details Its all in the Details ! Cheers !

justDONTEATUS :tu:

Edited by DONTEATUS

To examine a photo with a white dot in it? You don't need an expert for that.

2 people like this

To examine a photo with a white dot in it? You don't need an expert for that.

fair enough. I would like to know if fake or not though, however agree it is of no major significance.

I've seen this object, or one like it, before. I've been putting off telling the tale but the time is now...

It was back in the late 90's, I'd awoken early and could not get back to sleep so I decided to get up, go out for some early morning star gazing, weather permitting. Peeking out I saw crystal clear skies so I got dressed to go out. Within a few minutes I stepped out and gazed upwards when something out of the ordinary caught my eye.

WTF?, I thought as my eyes and brain struggled to resolve the mystery in front of me. Not a star or planet; too large, Not a plane or helicopter; no sound or navigational beacons. As the moments passed I realized it was completely stationary. Suddenly I knew what it was, it was a UFO.

My backyard (at that time) faced north, the object was directly to the northeast in the dark predawn sky. It was a round light at about 45 degrees up. It seemed to be emitting it's own light rather than reflecting. A clean, even white light from top to bottom, side to side.

At that time, given all the circumstances I was observing, I concluded the object wasn't too far away, nor very high in the sky. The Mexican standoff began. I wasn't going anywhere until it did whatever it was standing there waiting to do. Minutes passed and still it just sat there motionless but I began to tire and needed to pee so I conceded to it. I went inside to refresh myself expecting it to be gone when I returned.

To my surprise it was still there when I came back out so I happily resumed our staredown. Soon after I noticed the sky was beginning to lighten. I expected it would soon have to do something or risk being exposed to more witnesses as the town woke up around us or flights into the local airport, (it was sitting right on one of the regular flightlines which lead to final approach) resumed, but nope, it still just sat there.

As the sky lightened more I noticed its lighting began to dim at the same rate. It's apparent self illumination was being slowly replaced by reflection of skylight. The effect was causing the objects appearance to turn from a flat disk of light into a sphere by shading effects.

For a few brief moments, just before sunlight hit it, I thought tiny surface details were visible resembling portholes or doors. My mind may have added those details though, I cannot be sure. Now in full sunlight it appeared much like the object in the image the OP supplied above, with the same apparent brightness, size, distance and height.

Eventually, with tired eyes and a crick in my neck I looked down and rubbed my eyes, when I looked back again.... it was gone.

This is a relatively nice photo of something ...

No fuzzy, night time shimmering lights here, no sireee

IMG_1597_zpsc18c0994.jpg

Location Aberdeen City NE Sctoland @ 12.20pm Monday Jan 13th 2014. Blue cloudless sky on a crisp windless day Wind was 3 km/h. No lights, just a bright white object.

Any chance of you uploading the original picture as it came off the camera to a photohosting website?

Pretty please?

hello Duck,

couple of questions/points:

- I notice pixelation around the object when blown up

ALL photos will show pixellation when blown up beyond a certain point, unless you don't know how to blow up photos and interpolate them when blowing them up.

What you're seeing around the object is not 'pixellation'. it's JPEG artefacts. The pixellation is real but a natural effect of upsizing any photo without using an interpolation filter. The JPEG artefaction is the natural result of lossy compression of photos.

s09z.png

Edited by JesseCuster
3 people like this

Very cool pic,congrats on the daytime sighting

Walking to work

Just curious, you said it moved across the sky?

Was is a jerky, back and forth movement, or more of a straight, fast shot from one point to out of sight?

We used to see orb-like things similar to that when I lived in Florida. We were also about 30 miles away from NASA, so.....you never know what they had there or what they were test-piloting either.

fair enough. I would like to know if fake or not though, however agree it is of no major significance.

If you want, I can fake one for you.

What you're seeing around the object is not 'pixellation'. it's JPEG artefacts. The pixellation is real but a natural effect of upsizing any photo without using an interpolation filter. The JPEG artefaction is the natural result of lossy compression of photos.

s09z.png

The halo is also the sharpening algorithm which is used to enhance detail and make photos "pop" (the term used these days).

2 people like this

Duck33, could you please verify by means of your naked eye viewing that the left <side was in partial shadow?

Over here s09z.png

Found this. Looks similar to yours. I've seen these too, but white dots are far less interesting than metal spheres.

Filmed this on Jan 7, 2014 in Newport Beach CA at 10:30 am. I was having coffee when I looked up and saw a large triangle formation above my roof! The object consisted of 3 orbs working together to form this triangle. They hovered in formation for about a min then took off north towards the ocean.
shows a breakdown of the triangle activity. I also filmed some Rods. The video shows various Rods flying thru the screen and flying in groups. This is the first time I've caught them flying longer distances and easily visible. There were also some orbs captured and some kind of solar wave. It was a great day of activity.

UFO,+UFOS,+sighting,+sightings,+alien,+aliens,+ET,+orb,+gold,+golden,+Justin+Bieber,+ISS,+space,+station,+NASA,+top+secret,+drone,+DARPA,+USAF,+area+51,+paranormal,+ovni,+news,+ball,+Angelina+Jolie,+science,+tech,+CA.png

Edited by Sweetpumper

These camera phones were never intended to be high resolution devices like the pro level Nikon and Canon DSLR's, so I would say don't blame a low res cam phone for trying to do something it wasn't designed for.

1 person likes this

The halo is also the sharpening algorithm which is used to enhance detail and make photos "pop" (the term used these days).

That too. It's the same effect that makes so much badly done "HDR" photography so ugly and nasty looking, but popular on the internet for some reason. Edited by JesseCuster

In circumstances like that, it is best to take MANY photos. You won't be wasting any film !!!

I've been watching the sky every since I was young fascinated by ufo stories. Not even one single time i have seen something like this. I am gelous against those of you living in USA. There's always something going on there.

Found this. Looks similar to yours. I've seen these too, but white dots are far less interesting than metal spheres.

UFO,+UFOS,+sighting,+sightings,+alien,+aliens,+ET,+orb,+gold,+golden,+Justin+Bieber,+ISS,+space,+station,+NASA,+top+secret,+drone,+DARPA,+USAF,+area+51,+paranormal,+ovni,+news,+ball,+Angelina+Jolie,+science,+tech,+CA.png

I thought the flying rods are simply insects filmed at a very slow refresh rate exposure.

I thought the flying rods are simply insects filmed at a very slow refresh rate exposure.

No objections from me on this one. Rods are a videographic artifact based on the frame capture rate of the video cam versus the wing beat frequency of the insects. Essentially what you see is several wingbeat cycles of the insect on each frame of the video, creating the illusion of a rod with bulges along its length. The blurred body of the insect as it moves forward forms the rod, and the oscillation of the wings up and down form the bulges.

Anyone with a video camera can duplicate the effect, if you shoot enough footage of flying insects from the right distance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_(optics)

Edited by Hazzard

Yeah, rods have pretty much been demonstrated to be insects. But...what could these spheres be? Is a hoax implicated, or is there really something there?

Some poor kid is screaming his head off cos he just lost his white balloon.....am I close?

1 person likes this