Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lizzie Borden Took an Ax

Keel M.

Last Friday I was watching a bit of The Today Show and they spoke briefly to Christina Ricci about a new movie set to air on Lifetime on 25 January 2014 at 8 EST/7 CST about Lizzie Borden. I'm looking forward to watching it. :D I think Ricci does well in roles where she's not quite "all there". I adored her as Wednesday Addams.

• Like 2

Well, if it's on Lifetime, we can be assured that there will be at least 1 abusive male incorporated into the story. Watch; I bet they'll make the dad abuse her.

• Like 1

Well, if it's on Lifetime, we can be assured that there will be at least 1 abusive male incorporated into the story. Watch; I bet they'll make the dad abuse her.

He probably did.

• Like 3

Do you know the story at all or are you just making a dig at Lifetime?

He probably did.

What makes you think that?

Do you know the story at all or are you just making a dig at Lifetime?

Both. The shady story leaves a lot of open room for artistic interpretation, and Lifetime has its tendencies. It was a joke.

• Like 1

He probably did.

I've always thought that as well....

Most women at that time period, who killed for money, usually used poison. The fact that an axe was used, and 19 blows or more to both Andrew and Abby Borden, means there was more than a money motive. Those murders were an act of sheer rage. I also think the maid, Bridget, knew a lot more than what she said. There is absolutely no friggin way, Abby was hacked to death, and Bridget didn't hear it. That is something that has always bugged me....

• Like 2

I've always thought that as well....

Most women at that time period, who killed for money, usually used poison. The fact that an axe was used, and 19 blows or more to both Andrew and Abby Borden, means there was more than a money motive. Those murders were an act of sheer rage. I also think the maid, Bridget, knew a lot more than what she said. There is absolutely no friggin way, Abby was hacked to death, and Bridget didn't hear it. That is something that has always bugged me....

The family was just getting over all of them getting really sick just before the murders. So maybe a poison job was botched, and an axe finished the job.

I've always been interested in this historical story, as it happened in Massachusetts where I used to live. Shortly before I made my move to Arizona, I was invited to join an investigation of the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast, which is the old Borden house that has been remodeled and refurbished as the B&B.

Unfortunately, after a lengthy investigation, as well as spending the night, I did not have any personal experiences or encounters of note. I was pretty bummed for awhile because activity of the spiritual nature has always been attracted to me (or vise versa) so I had anticipated SOMETHING to happen; but, in the end I got nothing.

Hopefully if they are or were any spirits still around, they are beginning to realize they can cross over and find peace.

• Like 1

I was at the house when I went on vacation to see my sister and her husband. We stopped there on the way to Cape Cod to visit Ross's parents. When in the parlor with our guide.I felt a light touch on the back of my neck. Thought it was just a fly. As he continued speaking I again felt it on the back of my neck. I tried to brush whatever it was away.I saw absolutely no flies.Also when we were upstairsI think it was the maid Bridget's room,,I was standing in the room kind of near the door. "Andrew Bordon" our guide and myt sister and Ross were standing further into the room. Well all of a sudden i actually felt something like my lips were cold. It was really weird.The rest of me was fine just my lips were cold.I should have moved over by the others and said somethingbut I didn't.Didn't want them thinking I was crazy I guess. Out side of thatthat was the only thing that happend.

• Like 1

i don't think i'll watch the movie, mostly because the story has just been overdone over the years. i think she did it and i think she got away with murder. other than that there is nothing remarkable about it to me.

I watch an investigation on the case of Lizzie Borden a while ago, frightening stuff if you ask me.

If memory serves me right it was the TAPS team that lead the investigation.

I watch a lot of different "ghost/haunted" programmes so I get mixed up but I'm certain it was TAPS.

I don't buy Ricci as Borden. I find her a bit frail physically for the role. Lizzie was described as tall, stocky. And Ricci is good with not all there roles, perhaps too much so. I don't think I'll make it a point to sit down and watch it when it first airs, but I might catch it later- Since it is Lifetime, I am kind of curious as to how they will treat this story.

• 2 weeks later...

I started to but it didn't start until midnight and I fell asleep. Didn't see the whole thing. As I remember, this movie had flashpoints of Lizzie committing the murders in the nude, like in the one starring Elizabeth Montgomery. I'm sure Lifetime will air it again.

It was on again last night, and I tried to watch it. Fell asleep about the time they started questioning her. If it comes on again at a decent hour I might try to catch the last part.

I don't buy Ricci as Borden. I find her a bit frail physically for the role. Lizzie was described as tall, stocky. And Ricci is good with not all there roles, perhaps too much so. I don't think I'll make it a point to sit down and watch it when it first airs, but I might catch it later- Since it is Lifetime, I am kind of curious as to how they will treat this story.

i agree about ricci being wrong for the part

she has that creepy look to her though.