Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shocking... just shocking!

keithisco

This appalls me, the older brother (lets refer to him as Brother Courageous) sends his younger sister out with a Suicide Vest. This Brother is a complete coward, his own Religion will not reward him for his cowardice...

Please, please, read the entire article (it is not very long), and understand the depths of depravity that some (by no means all) Islamic adherents will resort to..

LINK: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25711953

The small girl was very sensible and brave not to listen to her older brother,and give herself up to the authorities, I hope she has no siblings younger that her brother can influence to commit suicide.

• Like 1

The small girl was very sensible and brave not to listen to her older brother,and give herself up to the authorities, I hope she has no siblings younger that her brother can influence to commit suicide.

According to the article there are 3 girls younger than her in that family

People under poverty, not even the basic needs are met, who has been in wars for years, with few or no education, nothing left to lose, for years the place should be like an asylum. We are all responsible for it. Btw, there is no word of islam or muslim in any place in the article. It was your touch I suppose to help better the situation. Lets cross our fingers and hope that your help reached them.

oh, I see, you were just afraid for yourself not for the girl or anybody there? Silly me! :D

Edited by thyra
  • Like 1

I’m not really shocked. The Vietnamese used this tactic and if we were invaded, we’d use the same thing. We teach our children about the Constitution, the Revolution, and the reason to defend this nation. We train them to use and respect firearms. It just highlights that in war, there are no non combatants.

What’s interesting is that final paragraph:

"The Taliban have rejected all the allegations, calling them 'part of the usual propaganda campaign to defame them'. And they regard the appointment of children, especially girls, in their ranks as wrong."

In Islam, it is always someone else’s fault.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How much you know about Islam?

jeem one need NOT be an Islamic scholar to understand the hatred that is regularly expressed on the tube. The evidence of it is everywhere and no words in any forum can make a sane person doubt their senses.

You are saying that a person should be insane not to find islam full of hatred? A person is either crazy or full of hate to be a muslim? Then I must say this is 'your' personal view only and I also think at least the members and the moderators of this forum think exactly like me since your post is not found against forum rules, is not seen as a hate propaganda against islam and is allowed to stay here.

Thrya...

The big three religions all have history filled with hate, intolerance and bloodshed.

Joshua was commanded to destroy everything in his march to the Promised land...man, woman, child, livestock... everything.

Christians not only have the Crusades to look back on...the Inquisition was pretty nasty as well.

And then we come to the youngest of the big three...Islam...which is filled with intolerance and death to those that will not convert...

The most head scratching part of it all is the big three acknowledge it is the same God as creator...they fight and kill over how to worship and pay homage to it...insanity in my opinion.

• Like 1

Thrya...

The big three religions all have history filled with hate, intolerance and bloodshed.

Joshua was commanded to destroy everything in his march to the Promised land...man, woman, child, livestock... everything.

Christians not only have the Crusades to look back on...the Inquisition was pretty nasty as well.

And then we come to the youngest of the big three...Islam...which is filled with intolerance and death to those that will not convert...

The most head scratching part of it all is the big three acknowledge it is the same God as creator...they fight and kill over how to worship and pay homage to it...insanity in my opinion.

Humans have history of violance, hate, intolerance, using and twisting everything for their own 'good'. Those people who make anti-muslim propaganda (saying they are insane or full of hate) are not nonreligious people. If they were I would understand them better. Just check the crime rates among non religious to see if there is going to be any diference in the world if there were no religions. Until the human is not enlightened on individual level, nothing changes. Wrong exercise of authority is also what brings the society's doom. It was US that trained usame bin ladin for its own 'good' for example. What is it to a muslim in africa if an extremist political movement is calling themselves muslims in far east? In the political arena it is the big players and those authorites in that arena should ask themselves how they 'trained' those extrimists political movements.

• Like 3

Humans have history of violance, hate, intolerance, using and twisting everything for their own 'good'. Those people who make anti-muslim propaganda (saying they are insane or full of hate) are not nonreligious people. If they were I would understand them better. Just check the crime rates among non religious to see if there is going to be any diference in the world if there were no religions. Until the human is not enlightened on individual level, nothing changes. Wrong exercise of authority is also what brings the society's doom. It was US that trained usame bin ladin for its own 'good' for example. What is it to a muslim in africa if an extremist political movement is calling themselves muslims in far east? In the political arena it is the big players and those authorites in that arena should ask themselves how they 'trained' those extrimists political movements.

I use the English language with reasonable - even above average skill. Those who twist what I say are many when it comes to this topic. I stated that the television is full of incidents where angry people who self identify as Muslim are shouting hatred and chanting about destruction on their enemies. Thyra do you deny that? It is NOT an indictment of every Muslim, it is an indictment of the hatred in the texts that are used to incite the behavior. And the tired old argument where one need go back HUNDREDS of years to drag Christianity or Judaism into the "we're all the same" boat is impotent at best. ALL humans are violent in their nature. Always have been - it is our NATURE. But what we are experiencing in the 21st century - around the globe - is not a network of Judeo - Christian gangs doing murder and mayhem and shouting Christ or Messhiach is greatest! You have no valid argument so you twist what I say. The truth is what it is and it is inconvenient for those it shames.

I dont know which channel you are tuned into. I watch cnn and bbc I didnt see what you describe. Your channels probably the ones with heavy political agenda and planning some 'good'. As I said above check your authority and see how you are being trained against islam and about muslims. Because it is WRONG. Individuals dont care if you convert or not. What you are shown might be a political movement pushed to extremes by some authority. If you are on a channel with heavy politics you cant remain sane for too long. This is true for muslim or christian party, is not bound with religion. Because extremist politics uses and abuses religion. Even through cnn and bbc(they are getting better though) Your mind is conditioned to think all bombs are suicide bombs and suiciders are muslim. You will say this right away when you hear about an explosion even when word muslim isnt stated anywhere.. What an advantage for some 'agencies'

To make it short, I think you personally have some political agenda instead of a relation with theology which you should have first if topic is islam. Also it is a rather low level of discussion when people begin to say 'muslims are this or that full of hatred etc'.

Edited by thyra
  • Like 2

I dont know which channel you are tuned into. I watch cnn and bbc I didnt see what you describe. Your channels probably the ones with heavy political agenda and planning some 'good'. As I said above check your authority and see how you are being trained against islam and about muslims. Because it is WRONG. Individuals dont care if you convert or not. What you are shown might be a political movement pushed to extremes by some authority. If you are on a channel with heavy politics you cant remain sane for too long. This is true for muslim or christian party, is not bound with religion. Because extremist politics uses and abuses religion. Even through cnn and bbc(they are getting better though) Your mind is conditioned to think all bombs are suicide bombs and suiciders are muslim. You will say this right away when you hear about an explosion even when word muslim isnt stated anywhere.. What an advantage for some 'agencies'

To make it short, I think you personally have some political agenda instead of a relation with theology which you should have first if topic is islam. Also it is a rather low level of discussion when people begin to say 'muslims are this or that full of hatred etc'.

I agree it IS a low level of discussion - WHERE did I SAY that? Cite it please - verbatim.

What now? You want me to prove to you that you like muslims? When have you last cared about not using 'us'vs'them' rhetoric? When have you last stop yourself saying 'they' as if whole muslims on earth are one thing with exact same ill thoughts? When have you last managed to feel at least natural to the word 'islam'.

• Like 2

Then I must say this is 'your' personal view only and I also think at least the members and the moderators of this forum think exactly like me since your post is not found against forum rules, is not seen as a hate propaganda against islam and is allowed to stay here.

If you report a post, then please have the decency to let moderators review it and not escalate this on the board.

Going on full attack mode because you misunderstood an innocuous comment is hardly constructive to the conversation and next time maybe ask for clarification first.

Lets get back on topic which is about a coward who wanted to let his sister die for the cause while he stayed safe at home.

jeem one need NOT be an Islamic scholar to understand the hatred that is regularly expressed on the tube. The evidence of it is everywhere and no words in any forum can make a sane person doubt their senses.

Oh I see why some people hate Islam so much.It is the bombardent of media and common viewers are not to blame

Oh I see why some people hate Islam so much.It is the bombardent of media and common viewers are not to blame

What a straw man of disinformation you spread; if anything the general media tends to attack Israel the most. The problem you probably have is that they tend to confirm stories and so don't report a lot of the stuff that gets put here but is made up.

This event seems to be an example of the worst of the worst dishonor of the radicals. I remember thinking on 9-11 that as horrific as what I was witnessing was... I STILL had to respect any human being who was willing to give the ultimate sacrifice for what they believed. But THIS.... person... shows the absolute disregard for women that seems so common in this culture and cannot even use the excuse that he is so devout he is willing to truly sacrifice. I wonder if he is hated by his own peers? I wonder if any of them would call him out on it.... At what point does refusal to condemn an act become complicity?

If you report a post, then please have the decency to let moderators review it and not escalate this on the board.

Going on full attack mode because you misunderstood an innocuous comment is hardly constructive to the conversation and next time maybe ask for clarification first.

Lets get back on topic which is about a coward who wanted to let his sister die for the cause while he stayed safe at home.

I wasnt planning to write to moderation when I wrote that post.

I was amazed at the intolerance against and bias for and bashing of islam and muslim here (and sometimes for christians as well)and just that same morning I saw a thread where genocide by israel was being discussed had been closed by moderation beause of the nature of the question.

So I might have misunderstood something somewhere but I cant be delusional all along to fool myself I am in an unbiased environment and such environments make people enemies. I want to keep loving you. Thus bye bye.

• Like 2

What a straw man of disinformation you spread; if anything the general media tends to attack Israel the most. The problem you probably have is that they tend to confirm stories and so don't report a lot of the stuff that gets put here but is made up.

What u are saying is that in media Israel is always made an enemy and attacked, but Islam is not? On what planet is that happening i wonder as on the Earth situation is completely different for years now my friend.

It seems that there is one truth- Islam is hated by many here and its pointless to talk about it as when someone hates something he will never try to understand it. Thats what i have learned from similar topics.

• Like 1

I wasnt planning to write to moderation when I wrote that post.

It was pretty clear that you did given that you wrote "I also think at least the members and the moderators of this forum think exactly like me since your post is not found against forum rules, is not seen as a hate propaganda against islam and is allowed to stay here. "

Since most participants in this thread wish to carry a spillover from a previously closed topic and turn this into a them vs us fight the thread is closed.

Ps I'm glad the little girl did not blow herself up