Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are owls attacking people in Missouri?

Still Waters

Strange days in Missouri. Why strange? KY3 News has been receiving multiple reports that people in southeast Springfield have been "attacked" by owls, plural, or perhaps just one particularly aggressive owl.

http://news.yahoo.co...-213412718.html

• Like 1

The owl in the article picture doesn't appear particularly aggressive, although I appreciate it is a still shot so might be deceptive.

Could it be an escaped pet owl, or an owl that has a lot of familiarity with people, simply approaching people and many of those people are over-reacting thinking it's attacking?

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

“It was very gentle--I thought it might hurt me, but both times it very calmly and gently settled on my head"

Well, I for one am sort of jealous. From reading the article, it doesn't sound like it's hurt anyone. If it wanted to, i'm sure it could. Owls have some pretty powerful talons.

I had a pet crow as a kid. He would fly over to people and land on their shoulders. That came to an end when Sam the crow landed on the neighbors special needs kid. His dad saw it happen and shot Sam off his son's head thinking Sam had rabies. Rip Sam. I posted this because people will see what they want to, not what is really there.

Hank

• Like 1

I think that the owls had probably had enough of those peoples crap and decided to stand up for themself. I support the Owls and hope the charges are dismissed ...

Bravo Owls!