Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
SpiritTraveler

weather anomaly

3 posts in this topic

This is something I had seen many years ago. I still think about it from time to time. Hopefully someone here has seen the same or similar and can shed light on it for me. I searched the internet for weather anomalies, swamp gas, lighting rising from the ground, but couldn't find anything similar to what I had seen.

I was 25 yrs old at the time, married with one toddler and one on the way. One very hot humid summer night, when I couldn't sleep, I went to watch out my window while I had a smoke. I always loved looking out the window at night watching the stars and listening to the night sounds in the country.

At the end of our backyard where a cow pasture began, near the corner of the barn, I saw three electric blue anomalies. They where ziggurat lines shaped in an inverted V, with the 2 ends coming out of the ground. There was three of them in a row, equally separated, lined up on the threshold where the yard meets the field. Judging by the barn, I figured they where 4 or 5 feet high and about 3 feet distance between them. I watched them almost all night trying to figure out what they where. I wanted to go and check it out but I was too afraid because we had had prowlers on several occasions.

I know the weather can cause some strange occurrences and I sure saw one of them. Just don't know what physics could have caused this type. Why would lighting come out of the ground at 2 points and meet together to form this inverted V? And 3 in a row at that.

It would be nice to finally have an answer to this one after all these years.

I thought there would have been a couple people here who might have known what this anomaly could have been. I searched some more and came up with this:

Has anyone ever heard of telluric currents? These are natural electrical currents in the earth's crust. Maybe, under certain circumstances, this could have somehow caused the strange pointed arcs I had seen?

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/586372/telluric-current