Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Friend is hearing things.

EnglishStudent526

My friend just told me that she has been hearing some things at night. Although it is not restricted to night time, because she grimaced and said that it's happening right now. Now being about 4:30 pm.

She said she could've sworn it said "help me" but she is doubting herself a lot. She thinks it's too typical. She has had insomnia for a while, and she has also said that the whispers have kept her up at night as well. I've gotten vague information, but she says she needs help and doesn't know what to do. She's not really religious, so I didn't recommend her to bless the house or say a prayer. Well, regardless I did say to bless the house with holy water. She doesn't want people to know, and so I didn't mention her name, nor where I am from and all that. Just want to help her, so what do you guys think she should do..? I'll try to get more details later, although she is reluctant to explain the entire event that's been happening.

It cannot hurt to talk to a doctor or psychiatrist. If she shows no sign of mental illness, then other options should be followed. Not saying she is crazy, but chemical imbalance can cause a lot of symptoms, including auditory hallucinations.

• Like 4

Schizophrenia is a possibility but so is a lot of other things. If she is a person who has faith in God then suggesting prayer for protection is the FIRST thing to do. I did not hear voices but I was once troubled by a very powerful impression of evil and foreboding in a new house we were renovating. It was so strong I was afraid to even go into a bedroom. I finally got angry that something was pushing me around in my own home and I asked God to cleanse this spirit. I took some olive oil (a symbol of the Holy Spirit) I prayed for deliverance over it and I daubed it on the windows and door of that room in the sign of the cross. INSTANTLY the sense of evil was gone - never has returned.

Has she checked with the neighbors? That would be the first concern if I heard someone saying "help me." Maybe an elderly neighbor has fallen, that's just one of many things to consider before jumping to supernatural causes.

• Like 1

Sorry OP but I'm a little concerned about your friend. Don't make her worried but the cause might be she's hearing things. Help her by talking to her about this. Don't encourage her into thinking this has got to be paranormal. Is she under stress? You mentioned insomnia. This can trigger off hearing voices. Why has she got insomnia?

i would rule out medical causes or emotional stress before jumping to conclusions about something ghostly or paranormal

• Like 3

She might be taking drugs, with or without your knowing. Meth or LSD comes to mind.

If not, it's likely a psychiatric situation, which can be helped.

As said by others, she needs to be medically evaluated first and foremost to determine the root cause of these "voices"

A lack of sleep caused by insomnia can produce things like this as it happened to me,I've had chronic insomnia on and off all my life and experienced voices and visual hallucinations when particularly run down

• 3 weeks later...

Any time i'm awake for 30+ hours at a time i hear voices as i'm trying to (finally) get sleep.