Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Curse of Oak Island

Myles

On 5/31/2020 at 4:24 AM, Captain Risky said:

Its been a real blast but Id really hate for this show to go out a ratings loser. Best they quit digging holes while they're still on top. 

Captain,

In a recent special episode, Rick and Marty stated that the History Channel has asked them to host a spin-off documentary series about mysteries in America that were partially connected with Oak Island. 

I can suggest that the spinoff-series would (or at least could) investigate actual historical material that has been collected and published by James McQuiston, who has appeared in at least one Curse of Oak Island episode. 

https://www.amazon.com/Island-1632-James-McQuiston-FSASct/dp/197750504X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546442273&sr=8-1&keywords=Oak+Island+1632

The "look inside" preview for this book includes roughly 50 to 100 pages of the book.  McQuiston has documented who legally, officially, owned (in the 1630s) not only all the islands in Mahone Bay, but also the piece of land on which the modern city Lunenburg was eventually built.  And 1630 is approximately the earliest time among scientific dates that the Lagina brothers have obtained for objects found in the swamp of Oak Island. 

McQuisten's research involves the era of alternating control of Nova Scotia, by French Acadians vs Brittish-Scottish colonists.  Thus it seems like a natural fit for the History Channel.

Edited by atalante
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, atalante said:

The "look inside" preview for this book includes roughly 50 to 100 pages of the book.  McQuiston has documented who legally, officially, owned (in the 1630s) not only all the islands in Mahone Bay, but also the piece of land on which the modern city Lunenburg was eventually built.  And 1630 is approximately the earliest time among scientific dates that the Lagina brothers have obtained for objects found in the swamp of Oak Island. 

Now that's a logical assertion, although I think the cross probably belonged to a Basque fisherman cir 1500s. 

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

They are still finding stuff but don't seem to be getting any closer to solving the mystery.   

I don't think they will but I'll keep watching.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

They keep finding lots of old stuff, but nothing valuable and they aren't really any closer to solving it.  

At least they added a pretty blonde woman to the cast (the guy in me).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have they still not found the treasure? Stioped watching. Too slow. The Laginas do not come out of this well at all. 

Saw another treasure program with themmin it giving advice and critique on other treasure hunters work. What a joke. They've found the square root of zero treasure and are critiquing others. Sheer arrogance. 

Some hunter has done a better job than them and they're sitting there saying he doesn't have good evidence. They're years into a search and have nothing bar a few worthless things that'd fit into a medium suitcase. Me thinks they should be much more humble, shut up, watch and learn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Have they still not found the treasure? Stioped watching. Too slow. The Laginas do not come out of this well at all. 

Saw another treasure program with themmin it giving advice and critique on other treasure hunters work. What a joke. They've found the square root of zero treasure and are critiquing others. Sheer arrogance. 

Some hunter has done a better job than them and they're sitting there saying he doesn't have good evidence. They're years into a search and have nothing bar a few worthless things that'd fit into a medium suitcase. Me thinks they should be much more humble, shut up, watch and learn.

They have come out of this well. Very very well.

lol

• 6 months later...

I keep getting sucked back into this show.  Season 9 opener is more of the same, but they keep finding things above and below ground that are curious for such a small island in Nova Scotia.   Sure, it’s not as cerebral as Real Housewives of New Jersey, but …..

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 10:38 PM, Nobu said:

They have come out of this well. Very very well.

lol

yep.   Marty has a net worth of $100 million and Rick $10.   They are making more than they are spending to pretend to be searching for treasure.