Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OverSword

Creepiest SmartPhone App Yet

3 posts in this topic

From the article:

Putting the “stalk” in stalker, a new facial recognition app for Smartphones will allow a user to scan a crowd and pinpoint people with profiles on online dating sites or social media sites. NameTag, designed for Android and iOS, scans a person in whom the user is interested and looks for that person on dating sites such as PlentyOfFish, OkCupid, and Match as well as social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

NameTag wirelessly sends the photo that the user has surreptitiously taken of the prospective date to a server, where it is then compared to millions of records. In seconds, a match is returned that has the unwitting victim’s full name, additional photos and all social media profiles.

Read the rest here

Reminds me of this:

People don't pay attention to what they put out there on the internet.

Creepy.

I can see how this could get very creepy, very easily. However, if you've ever been to even one dating site, you should be aware of what kind a people are largely making up their user base... creeps. Sometimes technology is not better. I have found that dating, in my experience, is best left AFK. Not that I have time for dating these days.