Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Inactive sun could herald new mini-Ice Age

UM-Bot

qxcontinuum, Frank just basically called you a fool and he's right. How in the world do you think you are smarter than scientists? Your grammar tells everyone how intelligent you are. Please tell us all of your qualifications that make you smarter than these scientists with PHDs. I'm guessing I'm going too get an answer that deals with religion or that scientists are liberals that brain wash the masses.

How old are you? 20 's isn't? Since when grammar could be use as method of determining someone's IQ? Even if I am not an expert in literature i could say your English is not flawless too ...let me put it a different way; if i'll write in French, Romanian or German, would you understand something? Those are my first languages.

Now speaking of those Phd young amazing con artists calling themselves " scientists" hum...sitting at their desks gathering informations for their thesis from wikipedia alike internet pages..nah ...what a mess Lol

Edited by qxcontinuum

I was under the impression volcanic eruptions triggered the little ice age not lack of activity on the sun.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0130/Volcanic-eruptions-emerge-as-lead-cause-for-Little-Ice-Age

It's ok , since the PHD experts are saying it, must be right. We should trust everything they say. They have PHD diplomas and Frank Merton is co-signing everything in the end. Is all god, buy sleds, and worm clothing. We have a new ice age coming cuz the sun looks different through binoculars. You've been warned!

Perhaps it has to do with the nasa footage of alien craft fueling at the sun. Check out youtube vids on it, makes sense if others are draining the sun for fuel. Mankind hasn't helped with carbon emmisions chem trails and energy conversion(ie matter being changed ). Russ

Perhaps it has to do with the nasa footage of alien craft fueling at the sun. Check out youtube vids on it, makes sense if others are draining the sun for fuel. Mankind hasn't helped with carbon emmisions chem trails and energy conversion(ie matter being changed ). Russ

No what you just said doesn't make sense. Besides this isn't the right forum for these ridiculous ideas.

ok decreased sun activity possible cause has nothing to do with the story are you braindead. Perhaps some further education is in order.

Edited by rghpd

ok decreased sun activity possible cause has nothing to do with the story are you braindead. Perhaps some further education is in order.

What story? Sorry, but you are not making any sense whatsoever.

Cheers,

Badeskov

What story? Sorry, but you are not making any sense whatsoever.

Cheers,

Badeskov

He thinks aliens are draining the sun... lmao.

He thinks aliens are draining the sun... lmao.

Silly wabbit, we all know they're seeding the sun for our next evolutionary step up to a higher state of being. I saw it once on YouTube so it absolutely positively has to be true. :whistle::alien:

• Like 1

"Solar Activity and the so-called 'Little Ice Age"

Unfortunately, I now find myself in the position of being cited as predicting that the current rapid decline in solar activity will plunge the world into a "Little Ice Age".

This is very disappointing as it is not at all supported by the science.

http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2013/11/solar-activity-and-the-so-called-%E2%80%9Clittle-ice-age%E2%80%9D/

During the Maunder Minimum (a period of about a century when there were no sunspots) Europe (and maybe elsewhere) was distinctly cooler, but it was hardly an ice age -- that is why it is called a "mini ice age."

The general view is that the real ice ages are caused by aspects of the earth's tilt and are somewhat cyclic. Temporary cooling for a year or so can be caused by volcanoes or by changes in solar activity. However, it's a complex business with lots of factors.

They have a two-bit word, "anthropogenic," meaning caused by people, and the general view of climatologists is that the last century's warming was that -- from human activity -- burning fossil fuels.

Problem is, the environmental movement, which is in most countries allied with the political left and has an anti-business mind-set, jumped on this and I think exaggerated the consequences and thereby of course caused a political counter-reaction by the right, and their tendency to deny it.

Politics aside, the evidence is that the planet is warming and there is no doubt that the greenhouse gases have been shown to be possible culprits through no end of lab studies. There is a danger here, not just for inconveniences down the road but for real catastrophe further down.

• Like 1

"Solar Activity and the so-called 'Little Ice Age"

http://www.carbonbri...tle-ice-ageâ€/

I was just going to have a rant about how the media never seems to understand the scientific results and always misquote the scientist.

Thanks for the link, which proves the media is so ignorant when it comes to climate sciences.

Well I do find it interesting that all of a sudden, the sun becomes a major player in affecting earths climate after years of the IPCC basically dismissing its effects as negligible when compared to human activity. It is curious that the sunspot activity has apparently changed its pattern though.

I would concur with the blogger who asked whether Mars surface temps were affected by the drop in the solar activity. If they weren't, then our climate models need serious revision cause even though CO2 levels have soared, the temperature has basically stalled. Why would the heat suddenly be trapped in the deep oceans NOW rather than from day 1? Something doesnt add up here regarding this stall in the warming of the planet.

OK so nasa footage is all garbage aliens dont exist. Everyone who has encountered them is wrong. Our universe is finitate and nothing is really happening with the earth. Wow now im really positive the government has propaganda agents blogging online either that or the narrow minded still are wrapping their heads around the truth. Either way the closed minded are many.

OK so nasa footage is all garbage aliens dont exist. Everyone who has encountered them is wrong. Our universe is finitate and nothing is really happening with the earth. Wow now im really positive the government has propaganda agents blogging online either that or the narrow minded still are wrapping their heads around the truth. Either way the closed minded are many.

You hit it on the head with the disinformation agents here. It's no secret that we're here and have been since day 1. It's also no secret there's a Grand Conspiracy. What that conspiracy is and who the real players are is an entirely different matter.

If anyone feels the weather is fine.There are many online stories videos and pictures that say otherwise scientists aside since their opinions are usually provided while being paid through government grants=biased. The evidence just photos and news of recent major changes is pretty staggering. People will always have their own positions, biases, disbeleifs and illinformed opinions its nothing new and doesn't change facts.

You hit it on the head with the disinformation agents here. It's no secret that we're here and have been since day 1. It's also no secret there's a Grand Conspiracy. What that conspiracy is and who the real players are is an entirely different matter.

It is the clever backstories the Agents create with their complete mundaneness and their "supposed" life events that make them so believable. Intel? Who works at Intel? Teachers, Students and Experts of various types??? Nope... Just brainless agents typing in stuff handed to them on a piece of paper.

Is there even one bit of proof of "Disinformation Agents"? Sure, I understand that NSA, and CIA and FBI all have agents on the internet trying to collect information and catch bad guys, but what Agency actually puts out disinformation?

• Like 1

Disinformation, when detected , is thereafter referred to as ... "bad intelligence".

It is the clever backstories the Agents create with their complete mundaneness and their "supposed" life events that make them so believable. Intel? Who works at Intel? Teachers, Students and Experts of various types??? Nope... Just brainless agents typing in stuff handed to them on a piece of paper.

Is there even one bit of proof of "Disinformation Agents"? Sure, I understand that NSA, and CIA and FBI all have agents on the internet trying to collect information and catch bad guys, but what Agency actually puts out disinformation?

You are dancing dangerously close to the Prime Directive here. :ph34r:

Harte

• Like 3

Disinformation, when detected , is thereafter referred to as ... "bad intelligence".

The object is to not be detected. We employ some of the top level science fiction writers on the planet to ensure that doesn't happen.

• Like 1

Well the science doesnt lie only the presenters do. Europe had an ice storm the US has harpp. cloud seeding ozone depletion carbon emmision(the basis of organisms) matter change fukishima rivers flowing red melting polar caps chem trails. This banter on symantics doesnt change ****. Something big and earth changing is happening in our lifetime. It s not for the good. My 132 iq and ididic memory hasnt taught me to look for information with and without act. Fact being the basis of science GOTTA LOVE THE INFORMATION AGE

Edited by rghpd

My 132 iq and ididic memory hasnt taught me to look for information without fact. Fact being the basis of science GOTTA LOVE THE INFORMATION AGE

Somehow, to me at least, you don't come across as that smart.
  • Like 2

Well the science doesnt lie only the presenters do. Europe had an ice storm the US has harpp. cloud seeding ozone depletion carbon emmision(the basis of organisms) matter change fukishima rivers flowing red melting polar caps chem trails. This banter on symantics doesnt change ****. Something big and earth changing is happening in our lifetime. It s not for the good. My 132 iq and ididic memory hasnt taught me to look for information with and without act. Fact being the basis of science GOTTA LOVE THE INFORMATION AGE

Still drumming on about conspiracy nonsense, lot good your IQ does when you can't read.

How did this go from inactive sun threatening new Ice Age to rambling about disinformation agents, yet again?

This sounds more like stream of consciousness poetry than anything coherent. "cloud seeding ozone depletion carbon emmision(the basis of organisms) matter change fukishima rivers flowing red melting polar caps chem trails" ?

• Like 1

My 132 iq and ididic memory hasnt taught me to look for information with and without act.

Son, you're 132 IQ means absolutely squat. A high IQ does not translate to being smart. Being intelligent means knowing tomatoes are a fruit. Being smart means not putting them in fruit salad. You may have the former down pat but I really don't want to try any fruit salad you might make. Further, an ididic [sic] memory is yet to be a proven capability so asking us to believe you are in possession of such is a bit of a stretch. (I guess I should add that anyone who is in possession of such would also know how to spell it.)

My IQ was tested at 180 back before the tests got watered down however this has only come up I think twice here on UM, both times with me defending the idea that a high IQ does not equate to being smart. I was in Mensa until I got bored and was invited to join the Prometheus Society which I turned down. Why join an organization based only on an accident of nature - an attitude I formed after my experience with the Mensa "Oh, my God, I'm sooo intelligent!" menaces.

If that's all you've got to be impressive, especially here on UM, then you've pretty much got nothing.

• Like 2