Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can anyone deny "flying saucers", UFOs, exist

bendigger0

Yes, I was looking at that the other day, that's a rather interesting idea. It does look rather ... interesting. I'm not sure from the description exactly how he envisages it to be powered, and I wonder if he's entirely sure himself, mind.

I thought he proposed fairly standard turbofans with alternate fuel supplies. The Wings are purported to be solar panels that assist with energy requirements, and the engines themselves can be angled to assist with takeoff and landing.

I honestly do not know if it is viable or not, but I would love to see one fly, the ideas seems sound. But I am only running with the media versions.

I thought he proposed fairly standard turbofans with alternate fuel supplies. The Wings are purported to be solar panels that assist with energy requirements, and the engines themselves can be angled to assist with takeoff and landing.

I honestly do not know if it is viable or not, but I would love to see one fly, the ideas seems sound. But I am only running with the media versions.

Yes, that's what I was unsure about, he seems to be talking about 'solar powered engines', but exactly what they'd be I'm not too sure. Whether he somehow envisages using solar power to power the turbofans? Solr powered motors driving propellers?? But it does look interesting, although how aerodynamically viable it'd be I'll leave to the experts.

• Like 1

Yes, that's what I was unsure about, he seems to be talking about 'solar powered engines', but exactly what they'd be I'm not too sure. Whether he somehow envisages using solar power to power the turbofans? Solr powered motors driving propellers?? But it does look interesting, although how aerodynamically viable it'd be I'll leave to the experts.

Indeed I believe that is the case, but not as a sole source of supply, the wings were going to be big solar panels, and much of the roof too I believe was to apply power to internal systems and only supplement turbofans which would still run on jet fuel, I am not sure how, but I was under the impression he was talking something along the lines of a hybrid engine.

I would love to see the movable jet engines, shades of SHIELD there.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-02-at-1.20.29-PM.jpg