Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Spiders Are Actually Lifesavers

Still Waters

I had heard that fear of spiders was related with the relationship with the authority. Those who dont fear authority would usually have no fear of spiders.Makes more sense now when leo is ready to jump on one of them. Lol.:-D

I had heard that fear of spiders was related with the relationship with the authority. Those who dont fear authority would usually have no fear of spiders.Makes more sense now when leo is ready to jump on one of them. Lol.:-D

How did they make the connection? Sounds like a wild claim to me.

Spiders have a special place in Islam teachings. Its been told that spiders made a spiderwebs over entrance of one cave in which Muhammed saws was hiding after being chased. They, spiders, made that web very fast. When his, lets call them enemies as i dont know full story, come close to that cave they have seen spider web and assumed that its been there long time and no one could possibly enter without disrupting it. So he was saved.

Very nice story, which in a way tells us that animals, no matter what kind... We need them and need to care for them and there have been many stories - confirmed ones, about animals helping and caring for humans.

Also, i heard that a man, in his life time... Eat few insects by accident, while sleeping - especially at country side :) They just find a way to your mouth.

• Like 1

YAY! Another SW spider thread! :clap:

*looks around to see if Dot is lurking* :ph34r:

LOL!

Dot's reactions to Still Water's 'spider threads' always amuses me.

• Like 2

How did they make the connection? Soundas like a wild claim to me.

I dont quite remember the source. I was searching it many years ago because I had suddenly developed fear of spiders out of nowhere although I played with them a lot as a kid. I thought about it and played with the idea of authority in my mind along with my other findings on fear of spiders for a while then I forgot it alltogether.many years past.I dont anymore have that fear.

LOL!

Dot's reactions to Still Water's 'spider threads' always amuses me.

I think someone should PM Dot, to bring the thread to her attention.

I mean, we wouldn't want her to miss it... :innocent::whistle:

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

Okay here's a harmless (unless you are a cockroach) guy I find every now and then in my bed. They don't seem to be afraid of anything except brooms. Won't hurt you.

http://www.whatsthat...r-from-vietnam/

This guy looks dangerous. Not sure how i would react, maybe i would jump on a chair or something :D

Cant be compared to tiny spiders from my area.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee spiders!!!! :sk

I love the stories about spider goddess and creator, of the girl named Arachne who was turned into a spider. The idea of tinsel decourations on trees come from the idea of spiders webs glittering. Spiders make people feel inspired and creative.

I admit that I have a fear of spiders. I realize that it's irrational. But even so, I leave the ones that make it into my house alone. My house is awesome and I don't blame them for wanting to crash there.

I have a few exotic pets and have considered a getting goliath bird eating tarantula to help me get over the fear, but I always wuss out.