Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you a ritual before bed?

Abominable Snowman

I always always always kiss the poster I have on my wall of Roy Orbison before I can get in under the covers and sleep. I don't feel right not doing it, it has to be done every night. You?

Edited by Dummy

I pray on my knees. Same thing - I don't feel right NOT doing it. I pray during the day as well but at night I always do so on my knees and ask for guidance if another day is mine. If not then I thank the Creator for what was given. It helps me to sleep.

• Like 2

I pray on my knees. Same thing - I don't feel right NOT doing it. I pray during the day as well but at night I always do so on my knees and ask for guidance if another day is mine. If not then I thank the Creator for what was given. It helps me to sleep.

I like this one-I also pray a lot but sometimes I forget which isn't right. I do have a strange habit of blessing myself though, even without prayer. I just catch myself doing it without fully realising what I'm doing!

I read horror stories. I know, not the best thing to do before going to bed, but it's just become a habit of mine.

I glance on facebook, Instgram, UM and my horoscope before I go to bed lol

brush my teeth, have a pee, pour two glasses of water (one for me and one for the cat) and go to bed.

• Like 3

I always floss my teeth in bed while reading. I have a Kindle so I prop it up against a pillow which leaves my hands free and then I will floss my teeth for a good 30 minutes. Its a really strange habit. (It may seem kind of gross too, but I swear I always do a rigorous teeth brushing prior.)

I read horror stories. I know, not the best thing to do before going to bed, but it's just become a habit of mine.

Teehee I'm the same. Was reading Good Omens, had a laugh but only half way through and gone back to The House Of Leaves I can't seem to finish! Not only can I not sleep but cannot strain the spuds either cos well.. Its dark down there :(

1) Take dogs out to pee.

2) Put on PJs.

3) Wash face.

4) Brush and floss.

5) Drink water and pee.

6) Turn off all lights.

• Like 4

I have a beer, burp, and sometimes fart. But I never forget to brush my teeth.

Edited by Razer
  • Like 2

I stand on my bed and walk three tight circles before I lay down.

4635_mfw_directivo.jpg

• Like 2

i have a habit of spreading any research im working on out on my bed where i can see all of it, and about 2/10 times ill get fully undressed and be jumping in only to find im splashing into 200 pages describing why Freud's psycho analysis theories were wrong.

I have a beer, burp, and sometimes fart. But I never forget to brush my teeth.

I find that incredibly sexy

Aside from the boring dog/kid/bathroom responsibilities, I always try to remember on my favourite moments of the day. Sometimes I write them down in a notebook, but most often it's just a bit of reflection and gratitude for the awesome parts of my day. That and chapstick. I always have to put on chapstick before bed.

• Like 2

I have a ritual that takes up most of the night, it's called trying to get to sleep, it doesn't work unless I take my sleeping meds :D Uhmz, yoga, lots of reading and bagels and gazing at the trees and what swirl the sky is cooking up, watch cartoons and old snes platform games, child remnants soothe haphazard mind wandering I guess then hope that I eventually pass out!

• Like 1

Take Ruby (my dog) out for her bedtime toilet break, shut and lock back door, take meds, turn lights off (other than a lamp and tiny light), say goodnight to the dogs, check under the ends of my blanket for spiders (happened twice there's been dangerous ones), get into bed turn off little lights until Cooper (male mini Fox terrier) barks he wants the light on to jump on my bed, lay down and try to sleep. Then get woken in the morning by a goodmorning text or Cooper

• Like 1

I always end up reading for an hour.. I meant to stop reading for so long, but sometimes you just can't stop. I also always go to the washroom. When I go to someone else's house, I always have to go to the washroom before I get in bed, and when they don't go to the washroom I find it weird.

Oh, I also have a really bad habit of eating before bed. For some reason, the moment I go under the covers my stomach starts rumbling, then I get irritated and go in search of food. Like bread and cheese or something :P

Edited by Nighthawk9653

Any time I lie down -- I don't care when or where -- within a few seconds I'm fast asleep.

Any time I lie down -- I don't care when or where -- within a few seconds I'm fast asleep.

Behind the wheel included?

Take Ruby (my dog) out for her bedtime toilet break, shut and lock back door, take meds, turn lights off (other than a lamp and tiny light), say goodnight to the dogs, check under the ends of my blanket for spiders (happened twice there's been dangerous ones), get into bed turn off little lights until Cooper (male mini Fox terrier) barks he wants the light on to jump on my bed, lay down and try to sleep. Then get woken in the morning by a goodmorning text or Cooper

Lizards, spiders and dogs... so, a normal night in Oz?

• Like 1

Behind the wheel included?

I tool around Ho Chi Minh City on a motorbike (as do most people) so there is no lying down. I do rent cars sometimes when I'm traveling, and again no lying down. I dare say if I pulled over and put my head down on the passenger side (assuming there isn't a divider there preventing it) I would fall right asleep. That has happened on airplanes but nowadays they make the armrest unmovable.