Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Russian ghost ship infested with....

keithisco

Liner missing since last year in the Atlantic....

Experts fear storms have driven cruise liner towards the UK after it went missing a year ago

• - Lyubov Orlova has been missing in the North Atlantic since last January
  • - Experts fear high winds have driven it worryingly close to UK shoreline
  • - Likely to have hundreds of diseased rats with only each other for food
  • - Abandoned liner cut adrift while being towed to Dominican Republican

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2rDkipwsd

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

Surely this would appear on radar or spotted by passing ships reporting it. or maybe the Rats are now crewing the ship?, they've somehow evolved because of the cannibalism onboard and having turned' Splinter like, - from the Ninja Turtles have set a course for the Caribbean. :clap:

• Like 1

With all of the Spy Satellites in orbit today, you would think that it would be a simple task to locate this Cruise Liner

• Like 1

Gunnery practice anyone?

No, not allowed as the vessel contains materials harmful to the environment.

• Like 2

Gunnery practice anyone?

No, not allowed as the vessel contains materials harmful to the environment.

Surely that wouldn't stop them

...and don't call me Shirley

• Like 1

if they're cannibal rats it's just a matter of time before they eat each other - problem solved.

Rats reproduce very fast aka a never ending food supply. I can't understand how they can't find this ship though.

• Like 1

Rats reproduce very fast aka a never ending food supply.

Wrong.

Surely this would appear on radar or spotted by passing ships reporting it. or maybe the Rats are now crewing the ship?, they've somehow evolved because of the cannibalism onboard and having turned' Splinter like, - from the Ninja Turtles have set a course for the Caribbean. :clap:

The ship was last sighted of the coast of Ireland, the funny thing is a few nights ago i was reading about this ship on Wikipedia,the ship was under tow and the lines snapped in which was heading to Dominican Republic for Salvage. They tried to get it back but could not because a potential health hazard on the ship. So they let it drift in the Atlantic.

The strange thing is that its the 2nd time the ship had its lines pulled I think, which raises the question that is the ship is haunted lol. But due to the hazard on board noones really allowed to have it under tug

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Lyubov_Orlova

Edited by The New Richard Nixon
  • Like 1

Wrong.

How so. A year on a boat hmmm I guess all the rats should be gone then.

A female rate can produce 15,000 in one year and this is in India

National geo is the source

That´s correct. I understood you were in the opinion that the rat population on the vessel can survive 4ever.

Wrong.

In the rat kingdom, the phrase survival for the fittest is best demonstrated during periods of food scarcity. Those who rank lower in the social order are usually the first to perish. Should a large percentage of rats face extermination, those that survive will multiply their reproductive rate and restore the old population level to such an extent that just two rats have the ability to create a lineage of a million descendants in 18 months tops!

Source: http://seriousfacts.com/rats-multiply-so-quickly-that-in-18-months-two-rats-can-have-over-a-million-descendants/

A population in a closed system, here the vessel, cannot survive forever even if cannibalistic. The law of conservation of energy

applies.The vessel is a closed system but not an isolated one. So, energy (body heat of the animals) will be permanent emitted

(export) into the environment. This loss of energy cannot be balanced due to missing import of energy (food) from outside the

closed sytem into the closed system. A high amount of aprogeny requires a high amount of energy input (food) and the amount

of energy within the population is limited and subject to permanent loss.

The ship was last sighted of the coast of Ireland, the funny thing is a few nights ago i was reading about this ship on Wikipedia,the ship was under tow and the lines snapped in which was heading to Dominican Republic for Salvage. They tried to get it back but could not because a potential health hazard on the ship. So they let it drift in the Atlantic.

The strange thing is that its the 2nd time the ship had its lines pulled I think, which raises the question that is the ship is haunted lol. But due to the hazard on board noones really allowed to have it under tug

http://en.wikipedia....V_Lyubov_Orlova

The ship is off the Irish Coast going to Dominica...Ok ?...so its going to sail around the bottom of Ireland into the Irish Sea on its own and land in England..wow are the rats steering it.If there was a health hazard on it why was it being towed in the first place, also when a vessel is being towed officially, the vessel belongs to the towing Company and they would have 3 experienced seamen on board on a full 24 hr tow watch to see rhat the tow line did not part or snap...so who has come up with this B.S.
  • Like 1

With all of the Spy Satellites in orbit today, you would think that it would be a simple task to locate this Cruise Liner

Why would anyone donate satellite time to visually scan the ocean for a rusty hulk full of rats? Even if they did find it, it would be long gone again before anyone got to it (unless the satellite spent days keeping an eye on it).

• Like 1

Having read the article on Yahoo news it started from Canada,to reach Scotland it would have to be drifting against the Ocean currents (not possible).Atlantic waves can reach 100 ft high and without power it would not survive for long.Once a ship reaches a 45 degree roll it will turn over and sink,if its not bow facing the huge waves.

The Ocean current (Gulf Stream drift) starts at the Gulf of Mexico goes across the Atlantic past the Azores up past Spain to Ireland then crosses back towards Canada passing Iceland and down the American coast,so if by chance its still afloat it will be somewhere off the American coast.

I've sailed both ways across the Atlantic more than 30 times in all weathers and in winter it gets vicious not a good place to be in a 5000 ton ship without power.So I guess the phrase "Drowned rat" comes to mind.

• Like 1

I think I don't understand what's going on with this... The boat is too dangerous to tow or sink, but not too dangerous just to drift till it sinks or goes to ground itself?

• Like 2

Cannibal rats on an empty drifting cruise liner,has all the ingredients for a cheap B movie....

I haven't read the article, so maybe i'm missing something but why did/would it have rats onboard anyway?

Rats love boat rides, no really they do. It's how they spread around the planet the little pirate scum they are.

The ship is off the Irish Coast going to Dominica...Ok ?...so its going to sail around the bottom of Ireland into the Irish Sea on its own and land in England..wow are the rats steering it.If there was a health hazard on it why was it being towed in the first place, also when a vessel is being towed officially, the vessel belongs to the towing Company and they would have 3 experienced seamen on board on a full 24 hr tow watch to see rhat the tow line did not part or snap...so who has come up with this B.S.

The Daily Mail?