Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Russian ghost ship infested with....

keithisco

A female rate can produce 15,000 in one year and this is in India

National geo is the source

No they can't, you're not even close...they have about 7 per litter with a max of about 15, gestation about 3 weeks. How the heck do you get 15000 from one female??

No they can't, you're not even close...they have about 7 per litter with a max of about 15, gestation about 3 weeks. How the heck do you get 15000 from one female??

Perhaps 15000 is the potential offspring from one years worth of breeding of a single female rat across all further offspring. Like 15 born in January, those all breed their own starting in May, their earliest litters start producing their own in September... The best of all survive numbers might hit 15000 from one great, great grandmother.

I somehow doubt the best breeding and feeding would be happening on a boat adrift in the ocean though.

Perhaps 15000 is the potential offspring from one years worth of breeding of a single female rat across all further offspring. Like 15 born in January, those all breed their own starting in May, their earliest litters start producing their own in September... The best of all survive numbers might hit 15000 from one great, great grandmother.

I somehow doubt the best breeding and feeding would be happening on a boat adrift in the ocean though.

In that case it would be millions..

• Like 1

Wouldn't they just dehydrate? There can't be much drinking water on the ship?

Rainwater?

Yeah I thought of that, but aren't most ships designed to not allow rainwater/seawater to build up, even in lower decks?

Wouldn't they just dehydrate? There can't be much drinking water on the ship?

Things would be tough,bet the Bar sold out a long time ago...

Cannibal rats on an empty drifting cruise liner,has all the ingredients for a cheap B movie....

True, but Rats on a Ship just doesn't roll off the tongue like Snakes on a Plane.

This story doesn't sound completely believable. I don't think it would really be that hard to find a ship, seeing as most of them have GPS trackers.

Edited by Finity

Obviously someone made a huge mistake. Scrapping this ship that is still good enough to sail itself.

This story doesn't sound completely believable. I don't think it would really be that hard to find a ship, seeing as most of them have GPS trackers.

Nope. A GPS tracker does not send out signals, it´s just a passive tool that can receive signals only. For positioning at sea (air) by others

an activated transponder on the vessel is required. All ships are having transponders but if switched off or without energy, the vessel is

hidden. The vessel is listed on marinetraffic.com as "dead" meanwhile and no data about the last position is available. Last transponder

message was recieved 2010-12-10 @ 20:32.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/de/ais/index/search/all/keyword:Lyubov%20Orlova

True, but Rats on a Ship just doesn't roll off the tongue like Snakes on a Plane.

"Cannibal rat ship". Imagine a group of college students (females all scantily clad of course) adrift after a plane crash when the cannibal rat ship floats by and they climb aboard to escape the freezing Atlantic.

• Like 5

"Cannibal rat ship". Imagine a group of college students (females all scantily clad of course) adrift after a plane crash when the cannibal rat ship floats by and they climb aboard to escape the freezing Atlantic.

That´s good movie stuff. Later on the vessel is driving against an emergency landed giant alien spacecraft with a crew of 1533 five-armed

ET fags who communicate by farting and all of them are seasick and are afraid of getting wet.

Nope. A GPS tracker does not send out signals, it´s just a passive tool that can receive signals only. For positioning at sea (air) by others

an activated transponder on the vessel is required. All ships are having transponders but if switched off or without energy, the vessel is

hidden. The vessel is listed on marinetraffic.com as "dead" meanwhile and no data about the last position is available. Last transponder

message was recieved 2010-12-10 @ 20:32.

http://www.marinetra...d:Lyubov Orlova

I thought it was distress signal that is activated by water in the lower decks?

I'm just wondering at the description of the ship as a Cruise Liner? It looks more like a big yacht, and a non luxury one at that.

It is actually not too hard to imagine it going across the North Atlantic. The winds and currents would have pushed it directly toward Ireland and the UK.

04.jpg

Link?

Gruesome headline. I'd just like to point out that...

"On the orders of Canadian authorities, a tow was reattached and it was hauled out into international waters and set adrift."

This is all Canada's fault!

• Like 1

I'm just wondering at the description of the ship as a Cruise Liner? It looks more like a big yacht, and a non luxury one at that.

It is actually not too hard to imagine it going across the North Atlantic. The winds and currents would have pushed it directly toward Ireland and the UK.

04.jpg

I'm sorry to disagree with your chart but the Atlantic currents go completely the other way.The Gulf Stream Drift starts in the Gulf of Mexico and heads across the Atalantic passing the Azores,up the Coast of Spain past Ireland & the U.K around the bottom of Iceland and on to Canada,and down the American Coast.I've sailed this Ocean too many times not to know where the Currents run.

Look for it on the Sci-fi channel, coming soon to your television.

• Like 2

that's the emergency beacon that's activated if it comes into contact with water.

Distress radiobeacon

MV Lyubov Orlova (built as Lyubovy Orlova) is a 1976 Yugoslavia-built ice-strengthened Maria Yermolova-class cruise ship.

MV Lyubov Orlova - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ it says there The ship is now believed to have already sunk in international waters after the EPIRB distress signals were activated in early 2013.

You had me at ghost ship. Sounds interesting :D

:blink: