Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doll that ‘won’t eat’ promotes anorexia

Still Waters

It apparently mimics the actions of a real baby but campaigners have claimed a doll that refuses food promotes anorexia.

The Nenuco Won't Eat toy features a mechanism that shakes the doll's head whenever attempts are made to feed her.

http://metro.co.uk/2...orexia-4274269/

Is it just me or is the child in that picture wearing a hell of a lot of make-up? Thats what I find most disturbing, Shes been made up to look about 30.

• Like 1

I agree, far too much make up for a LITTLE GIRL.

The company has said they made it to teach children about real life? What! A bald headed plastic doll being fed (or not) by an over made up little girl? Tutty tut tut.

• Like 2

I love the part where it ignorantly says :

This doll sends the wrong message to children and encourages them to think that refusing food is normal behaviour.

Well..no. It is NOT sending a "wrong" message" at all. It IS normal for someone to refuse food sometimes. No one should be forced to eat and babies in particular sometimes just are not hungry. (or perhaps they just don't like that green goop you're trying to shovel into them)

Seriously, it is a silly article.

• Like 1

People have this tendency to read way to far into things. I don't see anything wrong with the doll itself. Speaking from experience, there were plenty of times, when my son was younger, that he would turn his head away from food.

I wonder if this is the same company that made the breast feeding baby doll? That one is a little weird for me.

this article is belittling the seriousness of anorexia if it is suggesting that something as simple as a doll that doesn't eat will promote this horrible disorder in any child.

anorexia has to do with things that have nothing to do with being stubborn.

• Like 1