Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Battle of L.A. ~another UFO hoax

bendigger0

It was infrared satelites not RADAR.

But who's counting?

Listen, if you're just going to shoot down everything I say I'll just start saying it was aliens and the LA gun crew saved humanity from invasion :P

AAALEEEUUNNNNZZZZZ!!!! :D You can't debunk the unpossible! mwhahahahahhaha

I think I now see the appeal of arrant lunacy.

• Like 1

Also, I can't find, anywhere, that radar was used to track a bogie at this event. I may be wrong but would like to see a direct reference to radar tracking. Radar was not being widely utilized at that time and was not well understood by the troops and commanders (see Pearl Harbor failure to utilize radar correctly).

http://www.cufon.org/pdf/BattleOfLosAngeles.pdf

''object 120 miles west of LA, well tracked'

*note the balloon could not have been responsible as the speed makes it highly unlikely, however the time the balloon was supposedly released is 'after' the initial RADAR return.

• Like 1

submarine?

hadn't thought of that, although I do believe it was tracked over land.

The speed may also work against the sub hypothesis.

02:00: tracked 120 miles west of LA

between 02:06 and 02:27 it is 3 miles outside of LA, so covered 117 miles in a time somewhere between 6minutes (02:06) and 27minutes (02:27), making the speed somewhere between 266MPH and 1200MPH.

Listen, if you're just going to shoot down everything I say I'll just start saying it was aliens and the LA gun crew saved humanity from invasion :P

AAALEEEUUNNNNZZZZZ!!!! :D You can't debunk the unpossible! mwhahahaha

I think I now see the appeal of arrant lunacy.

Wow! I've never disagreed with anyone until you came along! lol! Guess I'm the poster child of Lunacy because I researched the events and think the modern myth you believe is BS!

Wow! I've never disagreed with anyone until you came along! lol! Guess I'm the poster child of Lunacy because I researched the events and think the modern myth you believe is BS!

Edited by quillius

I was being flippant.

If you've done the leg work, and say it can't be mass panic, then it wasn't mass panic. I made a half-arced theory based on what I knew and thought and then made a few silly comments

Also, if I'm the first person you've disagreed with here you're not trying hard enough :P

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

Given the misleading nature of this topic and opening post there seems little advantage in keeping this going.

Closed.

• Like 1