Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV Cast of Ghost Hunters Wear POV Glasses

Brian Topp

In the season premiere of “Ghost Hunters”, which aired in Wednesday, January 22, the team donned its latest piece of paranormal investigation equipment. The high definition full spectrum POV glasses allow team members to record everything in their field or vision in full spectrum while doing paranormal investigations.

http://www.examiner....ses-to-the-hunt

For years I have been stating that this show needed a POV camera but i think they added this because of Grant Wilson leaving.

If you haven't follow the threads here, a few years back a few members notice that Grant was notorious for spotting things off camera, to the point it was almost every episode (there are other things he did that is debated) So I am not shocked really that they went this route, just took them forever.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

Finally!

If they were really serious about it, and not just interested in making "What was that?" *Cuts to a commercial* *Cuts back, turns out they didn't catch it on camera* crap, they'd have done this years ago.

• Like 1

I'm excited for this butttttt....

I still miss Grant though :(

I'm excited for this butttttt....

I still miss Grant though :(

He got in trouble too many times tampering with evidence

• Like 1

Well this is a long time coming. My love just shared with me yesterday news about camera tec- tiny cameras one can clip to their shirt. My first reaction was "Hell, ghost shows should use this.".

Might be interesting to see an episode or two with the POV just to see what it looks like and how it pans out.

I used to love this show until I realized how fake and scripted everything seemed.

I can't say for sure whether it is or not, but hopefully the POV glasses will make everything seem a bit more legit.

• Like 1

It's about time.now we will see if they are lieing and said there is a ghost.now we will be able to see it.

Years ago when it frist came on thete frist season crew was cool.there was a girl named Donna.

She had a falling out with grant and jay.and there is an interview with Donna on you tube she spilled the beans on them its all rigged and fake. But theY did catch real stuff

Edited by coolguy

It's about time.now we will see if they are lieing and said there is a ghost.now we will be able to see it.

Years ago when it frist came on thete frist season crew was cool.there was a girl named Donna.

She had a falling out with grant and jay.and there is an interview with Donna on you tube she spilled the beans on them its all rigged and fake. But theY did catch real stuff

Can you link the real stuff?

• Like 1

If I am not mistaken, there is actually an episode where the TAPS team wear POV cams on their heads.

I do not think it's a bad idea, could be interesting to see more of that but as a reality-show that focus essentially on the personalities, reactions, ect of the team members I would be surprised if these POV cam stay for long.

He got in trouble too many times tampering with evidence

That has never been conclusively proven. Though there is a lot of Youtube videos and articles issued by critics of the show that attempt to do so, I just don't find them that more convincing. I am not saying that Grant Wilson never tampered with evidence, just that to me a suspect is not necesserely guilty.

Edited by sam_comm

I don't know what their true intentions are, but I do understand the tactics they use. No network will air a show that's boring, it has to have cliffhangers, spooky music, cutaways, reaction shots or it's not going to grab the users attention. Not to mention every paranormal show has like one chick to make sure there's some eye candy (for the people who want it).

If I am not mistaken, there is actually an episode where the TAPS team wear POV cams on their heads.

I do not think it's a bad idea, could be interesting to see more of that but as a reality-show that focus essentially on the personalities, reactions, ect of the team members I would be surprised if these POV cam stay for long.

That has never been conclusively proven. Though there is a lot of Youtube videos and articles issued by critics of the show that attempt to do so, I just don't find them that more convincing. I am not saying that Grant Wilson never tampered with evidence, just that to me a suspect is not necesserely guilty.

Their POV cams were facing them if i recall correctly.

• Like 1

I don't know what their true intentions are, but I do understand the tactics they use. No network will air a show that's boring, it has to have cliffhangers, spooky music, cutaways, reaction shots or it's not going to grab the users attention. Not to mention every paranormal show has like one chick to make sure there's some eye candy (for the people who want it).

I agree, as a reality show, it is for entertainment purpose first, as it follows a team of investigator of The Atlantic Paranormal Society. It is quite an achievement that the show aired for 9 seasons thus far and has it's fan base, but there has been a drop in ratings in the last 3 seasons, even more significiant when Grant Wilson left last year. The basic formula that made the succes of the show still ''works'' but they need to come up with news ideas from time to time or else the interest of the audience may wan even more.

Their POV cams were facing them if i recall correctly.

In the second episode of the first season Brian Harnois came up with a POV cam rig on his head. It wasn't that great to see on TV though.

But now these full spectrum HD glasses designed by Pete Stagman seems much more sophisticated. 170 degree and angle lens of 5.0 megapixels. Worth the try, no doubt.

Edited by sam_comm

For years I have been stating that this show needed a POV camera but i think they added this because of Grant Wilson leaving.

If you haven't follow the threads here, a few years back a few members notice that Grant was notorious for spotting things off camera, to the point it was almost every episode (there are other things he did that is debated) So I am not shocked really that they went this route, just took them forever.

I always wanted them to take a hardhat and put four HD Go Pros on it (or some equivalent) and just wear it throughout the entire investigation.

There has always been way too much of the "over there" stuff.

I haven't watched this show since the infamous "jacket tug" live Halloween show incident, it went from 'wonder how they did that" to, "ok, now you're just trying way too hard".

As for the reversed POV cam, never understood the reason behind that, i want to see what they see, not their reaction when they see it :td:

DT is famous for using these but i put up with it a little more because Josh Gates cracks me up.