Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hand guns should be legalised and licensed

Still Waters

The Ukip leader has said it is party policy for hand guns to be legalised and licensed in the UK despite being banned in the UK for the last 18 years.

Mr Farage said the current ban on the guns, which were made illegal following the school shooting at Dunblane in 1996, was "ludicrous."

http://www.telegraph...e-has-said.html

• Like 1

Would like to know who has given him a big backhander to say this?

We do not have a problem here and allowing guns would create one. We are not America and do not want to get into the same scenario as them. America have had guns for many years and a large % of the generation has been brought up around them. The thought of people being allowed to have a gun here when they have never had them before or have never been brought up in a household with them, is frightening.

Our only problem here is gangs, they are being tackled and quite frankly, if they kill each other before the police stop them, then so be it.

Innocent people have been killed here because of gangs with guns, the last thing we want here is everyone to own one.

We only need to tackle some gangs with guns and they are not a major problem all over England, but allowing guns here would crrate one.

• Like 3

No no, freetoroam, you got that wrong. If every woman would have a gun, there would be no more rape. At least that's what I've learned on this board. :whistle:

• Like 3

England banned guns and didn't lose all their freedoms and sink into dictatorship? Imagine that

• Like 2

England banned guns and didn't lose all their freedoms and sink into dictatorship? Imagine that

Some of the complaints about government I've heard here make me question just how far they are from it - in reality. But comparing the two does not work since they never had a tradition of it. America never has been "civilized" to the extent Britons have been. Unfortunately now they are being "civilized" into alien status in cities in their own country...

Don't shoot me - just an observer!

• Like 2

No no, freetoroam, you got that wrong. If every woman would have a gun, there would be no more rape. At least that's what I've learned on this board. :whistle:

I am shaking my head at that thought as I type. :no: And I am a woman!

• Like 2

Some of the complaints about government I've heard here make me question just how far they are from it - in reality. But comparing the two does not work since they never had a tradition of it. America never has been "civilized" to the extent Britons have been. Unfortunately now they are being "civilized" into alien status in cities in their own country...

Have you ever been to the UK? There are some neighbourhoods that are pretty damn rough. And so are some of the people growing up there.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

I certainly have my freedom, disagreeing with the governments policies does not mean I am a slave to them, I just like moaning about them.

But the day I have to own a gun to hold onto my freedom, is the day I lose my freedom for good.

• Like 4

Well, here it seems the 2nd amendment is alive and well though the 4th, 5th, and 6th, seem to be gone with the wind.

Well, here it seems the 2nd amendment is alive and well though the 4th, 5th, and 6th, seem to be gone with the wind.

And I thought the 2nd is there to assure the others will stay?

• Like 1

And I thought the 2nd is there to assure the others will stay?

That's the rumor. Doesn't seem to be working out that way.
  • Like 1

Correction.

Scotland banned citizens having armalites in their own home after a Scout Leader butchered children and their schoolteachers. England followed suit after another ' fine citizen.' , with constituent rights butchered old ladies who were his neighbours that cared about him. Go figure.

• Like 3

Everyone should have the right to bear arms if they are licensed,Farage is a breath of fresh air on the Stage of British and European politics.Anything would be better than the present undemocratic and unelected Government who are presently governing with no mandate from the UK electorate.

• Like 2

I would welcome nigel farages idea. I for one would sleep a lot better knowing that I had a gun to hand. My grandfather and father always had guns, rifles and shotguns as they lived in an ex farmhouse that had loads of land. I remember them shooting clay pidgeons on sundays. Ive even looked into a gun license myself. If I was confronted in my own home by someone with a gun I know what I would rather have in my hand and it wouldnt be a phone!

• Like 1

Question for our cousins across the pond. Are the gangs or criminals over in England and Australia, caught with guns a lot more than they use to be these days? The reason I ask is because I see a lot more of it mentioned in the British & Australian news papers then there us to be.

Not trying to build up a gun debate here, BTW. Just curious as to how much that is true.

May I tell you the number for Germany? 0,2% of the criminals caught had a gun of some sort, and this includes toy guns and blank guns. I believe it was 3.5% in the UK, with a falling tendency. I will check on that.

• Like 1

Everyone should have the right to bear arms if they are licensed,Farage is a breath of fresh air on the Stage of British and European politics.Anything would be better than the present undemocratic and unelected Government who are presently governing with no mandate from the UK electorate.

If licensed, trained and using them for hunting for food, yes, but we are not as big as America and our wildrness is not as vast, so there are very few Grizzly Adams here. We do not have bears or wild animals to protect ourselves from with the use of a gun.

If we have to start protecting ourselves with a gun because of the nutters who have got a gun because our laws have been relaxed, then we surely have gone extremely wrong somewhere!

• Like 1

If licensed, trained and using them for hunting for food, yes, but we are not as big as America and our wildrness is not as vast, so there are very few Grizzly Adams here. We do not have bears or wild animals to protect ourselves from with the use of a gun.

If we have to start protecting ourselves with a gun because of the nutters who have got a gun because our laws have been relaxed, then we surely have gone extremely wrong somewhere!

One would hope that your family would remain safe whilst you wait several minutes for the Police to arrive..

• Like 1

May I tell you the number for Germany? 0,2% of the criminals caught had a gun of some sort, and this includes toy guns and blank guns. I believe it was 3.5% in the UK, with a falling tendency. I will check on that.

Yeah, for sure! Any other countries you are anybody else may know of, too. That's interesting. What do you think is the biggest other contributing factor in that 0.2 %, besides the gun laws? Level of education, maybe?

One would hope that your family would remain safe whilst you wait several minutes for the Police to arrive..

Safe from who? The now licenced gun owner? That is a situation we want to avoid!

So far my family have remained safe, mainly because we do not have to worry about if an intruder has a gun or not because guns are not readily available here.

If an intruder enters a property with a gun, it is generally because they know the owner has one in the house too.....are we getting the drift now?

I'm really envious of you boys. I'd dearly love to have the 'legal constitutional right' to shoot and kill my neighbour.. he's a real pain in the ass. And his good lady is damn fine looking! Best legs you could ever kill a man over.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 5

I'm really envious of you boys. I'd dearly love to have the 'legal constitutional right' to shoot and kill my neighbour.. he's a real pain in the ass. And his good lady is damn fine looking!

I should never had mentioned the "hanging" thingy :no:

• Like 2

Safe from who? The now licenced gun owner? That is a situation we want to avoid!

So far my family have remained safe, mainly because we do not have to worry about if an intruder has a gun or not because guns are not readily available here.

If an intruder enters a property with a gun, it is generally because they know the owner has one in the house too.....are we getting the drift now?

What would there be to fear from a responsible licensed gun owner ?

Wouldn't your average intruder think twice before entering a property whose owner is armed.

• Like 1

What would there be to fear from a responsible licensed gun owner ?

Wouldn't your average intruder think twice before entering a property whose owner is armed.

How would they know the owner was armed?
  • Like 1