Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof expenses loving MPs STILL don't get it

Commander CMG

• MPs accused today of squeezing every last penny out of taxpayer
  • Cameron charged 7p for a bulldog clip and 38p for a staple remover
  • Jeremy Hunt claimed 5p for a paperclip and 8p for a page marker
  • Labour's Alistair Darling claimed 70p for a postage stamp

arrow3.gifView: Read more

i wonder if these politicians are actually filling in these claim forms themselves or does their assistant do it, because i couldnt imagine them sitting down and filling in a form for a few pence here and there. but i could imagine their assistant/secretary doing it for them as part of the duty/ job.

It'll be interesting to see at what point or amount people on here would start to claim money back from their employer/work. obviously work related, i think my limit would be about £5.00, before i'd claim money back. and admit if i was a politician i'd be claiming for stationary and other work related items including travel. first class as well you can't become a politician and travel with Joe public. the job of MP as to have some sort of privileges grandeur ect...

They should remove their expenses since they obviously can't be trusted with tax payers money. The problem is the people who would make that decision are also in on it so it's not going to happen any time soon.

How MPs get away with basically stealing tax payers money is ridiculous. No other public sector workers get away with it. If a civil servant is caught fiddling what measley expenses they are allowed they would end up in court for fraud and be fired.

The fact they are also after an 11% pay rise on top of all that, while the rest of us take cuts or get made redundant just p***es me right off. They are going to get a shock next year when no one bothers to vote.

Edited by Finity

They should remove their expenses since they obviously can't be trusted with tax payers money. The problem is the people who would make that decision are also in on it so it's not going to happen any time soon.

How MPs get away with basically stealing tax payers money is ridiculous. No other public sector workers get away with it. If a civil servant is caught fiddling what measley expenses they are allowed they would end up in court for fraud and be fired.

The fact they are also after an 11% pay rise on top of all that, while the rest of us take cuts or get made redundant just p***es me right off. They are going to get a shock next year when no one bothers to vote.

at least take the time to go and vote, spoil your paper if you have to but dont just do nothing.

• Like 1

The math of such actions is quite simple but seems to be not understood by some politicians meanwhile:

Some money saved = a lot of votes lost.

An example from the Germany: last year, the year of the Bundestag elections, the green party declared per

manifesto to establish one vegetarian day per week (Veggieday). I always voted for the green party in the past

but due to that nonsens I didnt last year. And I´m sure that at least 10% of the possible votes for the green party

got lost by that stupid action.

I think the election system should be changed in general. Not votes to count, facepalms given should count.

Means the party with the lowest number of facepalms earned, is the winner. And with the facepalm system,

the voters participation percentage may raise extremely.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

With reference to the title.......Of course they get it.....They just don't give a sh1t!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 2