Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark skinned blue eyed hunter gatherers

jmccr8

I found two articles about the La Brana site in Valdelugueros Spain.The subject studied revealed that this individual had darker skin although it is not know what shade it was and that they had blue eyes.

http://phys.org/news/2014-01-spanish-hunter-gatherer-blue-eyes-dark.html#inlRlv

http://phys.org/news/2012-06-spanish-recover-genome-hunter-gatherer-individuals.html#nRlv

jmccr8

• Like 1

Interesting articles. Thanks for the links.

But from the first article, "The cave, located in a cold mountainous area with a steady temperature and 1,500 meters below the sea level, contributed to the "exceptional" preservation of the DNA from two individuals found inside, and they were called La Braña 1 and La Braña 2."

1,500 meters below sea level? That's not right.

Interesting articles. Thanks for the links.

But from the first article, "The cave, located in a cold mountainous area with a steady temperature and 1,500 meters below the sea level, contributed to the "exceptional" preservation of the DNA from two individuals found inside, and they were called La Braña 1 and La Braña 2."

Likely Guy, I think it would be safe to say the writer of the article got it wrong as the cave in question is located in Valdelugueros, Leon, Spain and is approximately 4500 feet above sea level.

cormac

Likely Guy, I think it would be safe to say the writer of the article got it wrong as the cave in question is located in Valdelugueros, Leon, Spain and is approximately 4500 feet above sea level.

cormac

Haha! That's a pretty funny oversight. I mean, heck, that's no distance of a thrown rock distance.

Just change "below" to "above." It's an easy mistake to make. No harm. No foul.