Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ealdwita

Bubonic plague strain could return

16 posts in this topic

It wiped out half the earths population once. Let's hope those at the CDC are doing their jobs.

Well, we about due for a population culling.

5 people like this

Err the Bubonic plague still exists, the last reported was in 1995 in the USA

4 people like this

You're full of cheery news aren't you, Eald.

correct, just that the current strains can be easily controlled with some antibiotics, thanks to insensible meat producers who feed antibiotics, if needed or not, just to increase production we might not have that luxury for long anymore.

2 people like this

Just Mother Nature's way of reminding us who's really in control.

Just Mother Nature's way of reminding us who's really in control.

whats this got to do with Mother Nature?

1 person likes this

I was going to say move to Madagascar ......but it turns out they already have plague. The person currently playing Pandemic 2 is doing well lol.

2 people like this

Surprising its not reared its nasty little head already, we have NO control who is going where around the world and what they are carrying nowadays. The rats are the least of our worries today!

1 person likes this

Its been spreading through Kazakhstan and Krygystan recently, if we look elsewhere you'll see Madagascar and DR Congo have a problem. lucky for us these places are not tourist hot spot. maybe Madagascar is the exception, but truth is if the plague was to spread the first wave of infectees would be brown bread by the time health officials realised what was what.

1 person likes this

lots of mays and mights and could bes in that article.

it amounts to little more than fear mongering if you ask me.

in any event i'm planning to die of something else anyway

2 people like this

lots of mays and mights and could bes in that article.

it amounts to little more than fear mongering if you ask me.

in any event i'm planning to die of something else anyway

It seems like fear mongering to me too. Kind of like when everyone thought we'd die of SARS or bird flu.

2 people like this

Its been spreading through Kazakhstan and Krygystan recently, if we look elsewhere you'll see Madagascar and DR Congo have a problem. lucky for us these places are not tourist hot spot. maybe Madagascar is the exception, but truth is if the plague was to spread the first wave of infectees would be brown bread by the time health officials realised what was what.

Ah yes the DR Congo, they have a list of major infectious deaseases which make

the plague look like chipped nail.

A few years back France did tests on some of the "tourists" coming from there and discovered another strain of the aids virus, England did not even check their passports!

EVERYONE from these countries should be tested BEFORE they leave their countries and the tests should be done by someone who cannot be paid off to alter the results.

1 person likes this

It seems like fear mongering to me too. Kind of like when everyone thought we'd die of SARS or bird flu.

most probably right with the fear mongering for media sensationalism, but the potential does exist. as for SARS or Bird flu - for some that fear mongering did become a reality. the mortality rate for those infected was 9.5% and 60%, but compared to 'old mans friend' the "normal" seasonal Flu with 250,000 to 400,00 deaths world wide annually, we've probably go our eye on the wrong one. but then we seem to have become accustomed to the seasonal flu and so the media dont sensationalise it, even though here in the UK alone 4,000 to 12,000 die annually of influenza.