Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Apparent Horizon

ellapenella

40 yrs or so later Stephen Hawking now tells that black holes do not exist ? Well then , what else has science been wrong about? I've never accepted everything that science has stated as fact.

Has science been mistaken ?What else has science also been mistaken about ? Could science have been mistaken about it's claims of A.D.D ? because I never believed such a claim to be a fact . I think there's another "cause" for that behavior. ..

I wonder how many years longer will it take for science to finally admit the harmful effects of immunizations as well? Science also says global warming actually exist , though I suspect that too doesn't exist at all .

http://www.nation.com.pk/snippets/27-Jan-2014/stephen-hawking-says-black-holes-don-t-exist

There is already a post on Stephen Hawking's hypothesis HERE.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

What has Hawking invented that was a blessing to all nature ? What has any scientist really invented that was a blessing to nature? Besides that which nature has been provided with already ? Seems science is always interfering with nature more than anything else.

I've always had a sense of doubt in medical science . For instance ,I think there's like about 760 vaccines , yet, it takes about 15yrs. to discover and test them , last but not least on humans.

Medical science says to take vaccines as a precaution - even though these disease's do not appear to exist anymore. Medical science can not discovery a needed source to empower the immune system more effective against bacterias ? I understand that having vaccines as a back up is important - "just in case if ever ".Yeah , bacterias and all have always been in existence but it's more so the way we live that cause things to happen to us.I sort of get the impression that there exist a wealth of income in all that research .

Same as with the unborn Medical Science says life is just until a certain length in the womb. Though, a heart beat, a pulse is able to be heard from the very second of conception. Yeah , something that has been proven.

Conception in the very moment of , is life of an unborn child .Medical science is having to admit it's wrong in a lot of things. Especially in stating that life isn't real until a certain time of life in the womb .

Where does it stop with medical science at times ? For those of you who have not aborted your child , they introduce you to A.D.D ????

ADD has grown from a malady known only to a few cognitive researchers and special educators into a national phenomenon. Books on the subject have flooded the marketplace, as have special assessments, learning programs, residential schools, parent advocacy groups, clinical services, and medications to treat the "disorder." (The production of Ritalin or methylphenidate hydrochloride - the most common medication used to treat ADD - has increased 450% in the past four years, according to the Drug Enforcement Agency.') The disorder has solid support as a discrete medical problem from the Department of Education, the American Psychiatric Association, and many other agencies.

^

Medical science is wrong at times .It is also unequally divided in the professional community Seems most have embraced A.D.D - selling it to the public

Why do you leap to the assumption that science - which has MANY specializations - is wrong about everything if one branch of it is wrong about one thing?

• Like 2

I do not think medical science or space science is wrong all of the time. I'm only sharing that , to place complete trust in others as though everything they tell us is always correct. They just do not know everything. I also think it's wonderful that Hawking is humble to have admitted his flawed theory to an extent of being flawed.

Just when he and others thought they had known something , they realized that they have not even come near to knowledge of such a mystery of the universe.But even so , it was taught in schools as fact for over 40 years. But it is not fact. And not to mention money that was made from something that was false.

It truly upsets me whenever I see children that obviously have issues I honestly wonder if it is caused by the shots that they were given. I can honestly say that i have listened to many parents tell their story , it's like the same story over again that they share.

They say their kids were fine until they had second or third sets of shots. That's when they stop talking , their entire personality has changed they are in special classes for special needs now .

I don't know what's really the cause of what's happening but something is causing it. I have not ever seen so many children with special needs as now. So many autistic children like never before , and yet we have all this science and research going on . We understand how to care for ourselves while pregnant , so what's causing all these babies to become autistic? Is it the high doses of mercury in shots ? I don't know...I just don't know , but i do know that i don't trust what's behind every needle.

And as for A.D.D it doesn't exist . In that I totally think medical science is wrong .Medical science is also wrong about what it teaches/ sells to the public lot's of times.. It's sad because science shouldn't be manipulated like that , but it is.

Edited by Reann

fail

dont atheists allways claim science is never wrong ;)

I think the majority do. I realized that when I meet atheist and we get to talk and all , they really don't confirm that they are 100% assured atheist afterwards. What most say to me is that they really wish to have an experience of something so that they can have assurance. It's like they have this hope for something more hidden in them, but usually won't admit it unless they like you enough to let down their guard .

Child of Bast

To be a little clearer on one particular reason why i say that medical science is wrong at times , such as coming up with this A.D.D thing . I say so because in my experience of people and dealing with children , I know that some children just need extra attention from parents. More talking with them , giving them more changeling tasks to achieve . Having the patience for them and love in the sense of wanting to teach your child so that it can succeed in being the best it can be.

But there are parents who I have seen that do not have any of these qualities within them. And instead of addressing the environment which the child is coming from , they instead give it drugs such as Ritalin. It's just heartbreaking. I feel sorry for what I see at times. I don't need science to tell me what the cause is in most cases.

It also is very disgusting to hear mothers state that they can't wait to pop a pill because they can't stand their kids or being a mom. And medical science provides or enables this to occur.

fail

dont atheists allways claim science is never wrong ;)

An atheists would NEVER say that!! Science is not a "Deity" it is a tool to unravel Mystery....

• Like 1

An atheists would NEVER say that!! Science is not a "Deity" it is a tool to unravel Mystery....

Well , the mystery of creation is not a tool for anyone to think they can unravel., ever. This is where science and faith meet. Though one understands and respects the mystery more so than the other.

On another note , scientist have now turned to the mystery of the age old quest , everlasting life. Science will be researching a specific Jellyfish in hopes of what ? To live forever ? But what then becomes of the theory of overpopulating the earth ? But what about the depletion of earths natural resources ? How does science enter that into the scheme of things ? Who's funding this research?

Edited by Reann

Same as with the unborn Medical Science says life is just until a certain length in the womb.

Who says this?
Though, a heart beat, a pulse is able to be heard from the very second of conception. Yeah , something that has been proven.
Nonsense, the heartbeat starts at 5 weeks

http://www.mayoclini...re/art-20045302

Conception in the very moment of , is life of an unborn child .Medical science is having to admit it's wrong in a lot of things. Especially in stating that life isn't real until a certain time of life in the womb .
By the looks of it, you're wrong. Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

Reann, I'm betting you didn't actually read what Hawking said.

• Like 1

Have you ever heard of the God Code ? i just heard of it today. I know nothing about it except that it consist of the elements in our body and an ancient Language - atomic math. All written in our D.N.A

^

Sounds like pretty interesting science if I do say so myself.That is , if it all pans out to be real fact.

Who says this?

Nonsense, the heartbeat starts at 5 weeks

http://www.mayoclini...re/art-20045302

By the looks of it, you're wrong.

It's actually 18 days where it is said that the heart can now be detected as beating - by use of equipment. That's like 2 1/2 weeks I've also heard something else a few years ago - of other studies which medical science does not share .

You know , the beginning stages of life's development needs to be respected and valued - other than suggesting the unborn is nothing more than a blob. that's just non factual. As for science observation of human life - life begins at conception.

ok how is this in any way connected to the title of this thread??

you are told there is already a thread on your topic so you just switch gears?

Rhyeh you ask a question . I'm answering your question with a question .

Why do you think that abortion clinics are in business ? Would that business do well if people were told something other than the life in their womb doesn't begin until a certain time ?.

ok how is this in any way connected to the title of this thread??

you are told there is already a thread on your topic so you just switch gears?

No . What you are suggesting here is false and it is cheap of you to do so..

Titles may never be what you think they ought to be..Take Hawking for example..

Take Hawking for example..

Which of his books did you have read and did you understood what he wrote?

Edited by toast

Its also pretty cheap to switch the topic of a thread to abortion when the title of the thread nothing to suggest such. If you want to open a debate about it, that's fine, its definitely worth talking about. However the opening post here seems more focused towards the merits and validation of science, whilst the issue of abortion is more of a philosophical debate, and therefore not really compatible with what should be a largely scientific/ evidence backed discussion. This is the Science & Technology section after all.

• Like 2

it's not cheap of me. it's entirely free

the whole point of starting a thread is to talk about the subject of the thread's title, mkay?

oh, and no charge for that last bit of info either :)

• Like 1

It's actually 18 days where it is said that the heart can now be detected as beating - by use of equipment. That's like 2 1/2 weeks I've also heard something else a few years ago - of other studies which medical science does not share .

Where does it say this? Your story keeps changing, first it was the very second, now it's 18 days.
You know , the beginning stages of life's development needs to be respected and valued - other than suggesting the unborn is nothing more than a blob. that's just non factual. As for science observation of human life - life begins at conception.

Which can be terminated. An unborn child does not have the rights of an individual.
  • Like 1

Rhyeh you ask a question . I'm answering your question with a question .

Why do you think that abortion clinics are in business ?

And a necessity. Or would you rather force women to go through unwanted or dangerous pregnancies?
Would that business do well if people were told something other than the life in their womb doesn't begin until a certain time ?.

Who says this?

Seems like you've turned Hawkings hypothesis on black holes into a diatribe against medical science and abortion.

• Like 1

The worst kind of fluffy anti-progressive thinking. You sit there ranting about science yet enjoy all the benefits it brings you. Hypocritical and ignorant.

• Like 2