Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Really Demonic' Performances at Grammys Show

Sweetpumper

Former Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron, who is preparing for the NFL Draft, was watching the Grammys on Sunday and felt that the "really demonic" performances showed that "there is a lot of evil in the world."

http://www.breitbart...on-Grammys-Evil

Christian Singer Walks Out on Grammys After ‘Satanic’ Performances

Katy Perry conducts bizarre witchcraft ceremony during event

'It's a sad day when our kids can't even watch the Grammys': Beyoncé slammed by parents after VERY risqué performance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546569/Grammy-Awards-2014-Beyonce-slammed-concerned-parents-VERY-risque-performance-airs-8pm.html

Stories like this show that there really are a lot of nutcases in the world.

• Like 6

Hah, that Daily Mail one cracks me up. Just look to the right side of the screen and tell me they're any better. A quick glance yielded at least seven pictures containing cleavage.

And what kind of broken moral compass tells people that Love and Female Sexuality are evil?

Stories like this show that there really are a lot of nutcases in the world.

According to the comments on Breitbart the next step is rounding up Christians and feeding them to the lions.

• Like 1

Maybe people should stop taking the grammys or any music awards show for that matter, so seriously. Lot of music videos and live stage performances draws inspiration from the occult, not just the mainstream artists.

goto google.com, type in a celebrity name (the ones associated with the MTV mainstream music scene), follow it up with "satanic" or "illuminati", you'll get results.

Some of these people should really turn off the TV every now and then, and stop getting paranoid about everything.

I can't wait for the vigilantcitizen.com's take on this. I know it won't be different from the rest of their reviews, but I actually watched some of this show for once.

• Like 1

Booty shaking and lesbian weddings aside the occult themes can't be denied by anyone being honest. That said I believe it's obviously just pageantry. I would never waste one precious second of my life watching an award ceremony so I can't say for sure but I'll bet they didn't actually summon the dark one and his minions or pray for the suffering of the eternal pit did they?

• Like 2

The culture is changing all around us - and I know change is perpetual- but is it really for the better? Leaving this performer and her performance aside a moment, is this where we want things to go? Is it really innocuous for obvious signs of satan worship to become mainstream? In the rush to laugh at those of faith I think one might at least look at what those chuckles are costing you and your children not too far down the line.

• Like 2

The culture is changing all around us - and I know change is perpetual- but is it really for the better? Leaving this performer and her performance aside a moment, is this where we want things to go? Is it really innocuous for obvious signs of satan worship to become mainstream? In the rush to laugh at those of faith I think one might at least look at what those chuckles are costing you and your children not too far down the line.

Buthaven't there been dramatized instances of witchcraft, devil worship, and occult themes in entertainment for a long time? Shakespear, "boil boil trouble and toil" ? Faust? Nasferatu? Poe? Lovecraft? Vincent Price? Darth Vader?
  • Like 3

I never watch any awards ceremonies, but I decided to look up the Katy Perry one on the Choob. I must say, what a lousy song. is that going to be her next single? I really wouldn't advise it. And who on earth is Juicy J? when i saw it I thought it Jessie J, or perhaps Jay-Z. Anyway, the song may be crap but the staging seems quite imaginative at least, and probably an element of tongue-in-cheekness, since obviously everyone knows all about all this "Illuminati" nonsense, so I very much suspect that they play it up in a tongue in cheek fashion.

Anyway, top comment: "One word: Lominati !!! Its scary." :yes:

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb
  • Like 1

"Our young people have been raised in a society that has developed the pursuit of pleasure to a degree unheard of in any previous society. I don’t think even pagan Rome can hold a candle to some of the things going on in our society today...Most of our young people really are seeking something higher, something more spiritual, but there is no one to guide them, so they simply follow the crowd. After a while, some of these young men grow tired and weary of all this pursuit of pleasure, and in their hunger for something more deeply satisfying, they turn to God with all their hearts, their broken and darkened hearts. And God, who has placed this desire in their hearts, comes to them like the father with his prodigal son." (Igumen Seraphim Voepel, deputy Abbot of Holy Cross Monastery in WV, 25th Ann. Book

• Like 3

"Our young people have been raised in a society that has developed the pursuit of pleasure to a degree unheard of in any previous society. I don’t think even pagan Rome can hold a candle to some of the things going on in our society today...Most of our young people really are seeking something higher, something more spiritual, but there is no one to guide them, so they simply follow the crowd. After a while, some of these young men grow tired and weary of all this pursuit of pleasure, and in their hunger for something more deeply satisfying, they turn to God with all their hearts, their broken and darkened hearts. And God, who has placed this desire in their hearts, comes to them like the father with his prodigal son." (Igumen Seraphim Voepel, deputy Abbot of Holy Cross Monastery in WV, 25th Ann. Book

May it be so.

You're considering Satan worship to actually be a thing. Theistic Satanists are very rare. The last time there was a Satanic Panic the frauds came out by the dozens and innocent people had their lives ruined because of baseless accusations.

And who are you to say "think of the children" when you belong to the religion that A) turned Satan from an agent of God in the OT to the personification of evil, enabling the existence of Theistic Satanism, and B ) teaches children that they could burn in eternal hell fire for their thoughts?

Edited by Almagest
  • Like 3

Former Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron, who is preparing for the NFL Draft, was watching the Grammys on Sunday and felt that the "really demonic" performances showed that "there is a lot of evil in the world."

http://www.breitbart...on-Grammys-Evil

note how often Obama is mentioned in the, to date, 5,899 comments.

Actually, note how few of the 5,899 comments actually make any sense at all. :-/

• Like 2

I didn't watch the show, but there is enough gossip about it that I watched some of the videos.

Beyonce was tacky and jiggling- what else is new? I like some of her stuff, but I would be embarrassed if I was her costumer and her looking like that on a regular basis. Not very satanic.

Katy Perry- well yeah, it's a witchy spooky song, of course she's gonna be witchy spooky. She's good like that- she does a lot of over the top performance to go with the music. Not very satanic either.

And the Same Love performance- just no, not satanic.

I can understand why some people might be unhappy with each performance, but damn, wasn't the satanic card sort of played out in the 70's? Or at the very latest the 90's?

• Like 3

Buthaven't there been dramatized instances of witchcraft, devil worship, and occult themes in entertainment for a long time? Shakespear, "boil boil trouble and toil" ? Faust? Nasferatu? Poe? Lovecraft? Vincent Price? Darth Vader?

And how did it affect a basically God fearing culture during it's time? Are you seriously saying things have gotten better in our society over the past couple of decades? Really? Or even that it has had no detrimental effect? The thing that was missing earlier I think was TV and the power it holds to instantly create a global meme. I was talking yesterday about Daft Punk. I'd never heard of them until yesterday. I listened to ONE MORE TIME and was blown away by it. The music, the video production,both were awesome. I was listening to it again and noticed a short portion where the bass singer is chanting "television, rules the nation" the sound was awesome - as all of the song was. But the message is troubling to me because this song writer has spoken truth. As a nation and nearly as a world we have become so mesmerized in the virtual world of the image that we seem to be actually out of touch anymore with reality. Imagine a world that in an instant had no electricity. The virtual would disappear and what a hangover we would all experience. None of those you mentioned could touch the lives of more than thousands in their times. Today... "television, rules the nation". It IS our leader. And we rarely get a chance to see the man behind the curtain.
  • Like 1

You're considering Satan worship to actually be a thing. Theistic Satanists are very rare. The last time there was a Satanic Panic the frauds came out by the dozens and innocent people had their lives ruined because of baseless accusations.

And who are you to say "think of the children" when you belong to the religion that A) turned Satan from an agent of God in the OT to the personification of evil, enabling the existence of Theistic Satanism, and B ) teaches children that they could burn in eternal hell fire for their thoughts?

I will not argue with anyone about my beliefs - it is pointless and immaterial, actually. But your comment is a dodge. If you can look at the world we live in today and state that things have not gotten measurably worse in every category of human interaction on a personal level then I feel you are deluded.

Hah, that Daily Mail one cracks me up. Just look to the right side of the screen and tell me they're any better. A quick glance yielded at least seven pictures containing cleavage.

And what kind of broken moral compass tells people that Love and Female Sexuality are evil?

According to the comments on Breitbart the next step is rounding up Christians and feeding them to the lions.

And IF that happened... what would you do? Do you actually think it was common in Germany in the 30's to think of Jews being huddled into gas chambers? It was ridiculous, no?

And how did it affect a basically God fearing culture during it's time? Are you seriously saying things have gotten better in our society over the past couple of decades? Really? Or even that it has had no detrimental effect? The thing that was missing earlier I think was TV and the power it holds to instantly create a global meme. I was talking yesterday about Daft Punk. I'd never heard of them until yesterday. I listened to ONE MORE TIME and was blown away by it. The music, the video production,both were awesome. I was listening to it again and noticed a short portion where the bass singer is chanting "television, rules the nation" the sound was awesome - as all of the song was. But the message is troubling to me because this song writer has spoken truth. As a nation and nearly as a world we have become so mesmerized in the virtual world of the image that we seem to be actually out of touch anymore with reality. Imagine a world that in an instant had no electricity. The virtual would disappear and what a hangover we would all experience. None of those you mentioned could touch the lives of more than thousands in their times. Today... "television, rules the nation". It IS our leader. And we rarely get a chance to see the man behind the curtain.

I can't honestly say that society has gotten better, and don't disagree with much of what you say but counter it by asking have all of the religious theme parks and TV preachers in the USA made it better either? They are definetly deity fearing in the middle east and much of asia but do they lead more moral lives or act in a more moral fashion than we do, even though such displays as were seen on this show would no doubt be illegal there?

Bah....these folks are no more satanic than the average d-bag down the street. Most people worship money now anyway...it is the new GOD. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Well, as they said more than twenty years ago ...

• Like 2

I was listening to it again and noticed a short portion where the bass singer is chanting "television, rules the nation" the sound was awesome - as all of the song was. But the message is troubling to me because this song writer has spoken truth. As a nation and nearly as a world we have become so mesmerized in the virtual world of the image that we seem to be actually out of touch anymore with reality. Imagine a world that in an instant had no electricity. The virtual would disappear and what a hangover we would all experience. None of those you mentioned could touch the lives of more than thousands in their times. Today... "television, rules the nation". It IS our leader. And we rarely get a chance to see the man behind the curtain.

The world does depend on electricity now, especially the west. I can't disagree.

that's just what songwriters do, they write about stuff they see, and it's often interesting. The same with hundreds of songs written about christianity or televangelism in a bad light or 'religion' for instance You agree with some, you don't agree with some, I guess.

And IF that happened... what would you do? Do you actually think it was common in Germany in the 30's to think of Jews being huddled into gas chambers? It was ridiculous, no?

ding! Royalties incoming, Dr. Godwin!

I will not argue with anyone about my beliefs - it is pointless and immaterial, actually. But your comment is a dodge. If you can look at the world we live in today and state that things have not gotten measurably worse in every category of human interaction on a personal level then I feel you are deluded.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Have you not noticed that we've gone 70 years without a war between France, Germany and Britain, which is probably the longest period in the History of those nations that they've been at peace? Were you aware that violent crimes in the United States are at a third of what they were a mere 20 years ago? Likewise Teen Pregnancy. Likewise Drug Use. Who are you to call me deluded when you've been chugging the hysteria cup?

http://www.wanttoknow.info/g/violent_crime_rates_reduction

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db89.htm

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/05/09/US-drug-use-in-decline-drug-chief-says/UPI-37361336597519/

Frankly it's insulting to human decency that you are comparing a witchcraft themed performance to Germany in the 1930s. Insulting, sick, twisted and downright ignorant of what Germany was like before the Nazis came to power. Anti-Semitism didn't just spring into existence in Germany in 1930. They were a persecuted and reviled minority all over Europe, thanks in part to the Catholic Church's teaching that Jews are collectively responsible for Deicide. In Germany it was particularly strong, just look at Martin Luther (and his wonderful tract On the Jews and Their Lies) and Richard Wagner. No, it wasn't at all ridiculous, it was the end result of centuries of ingrained hatred and dehumanisation of the Jewish people.

I think your persecution complex is quite glaring. Christians are 85% of the population of the United States. Christianity is the biggest stumbling block in the way of Marriage Equality, and you think Christians are being persecuted? What is a bigger persecution - someone expressing a view contrary to Christianity, or Gay men and women being denied the right to be beside their dying love because The Good Book says they're abominations.

But I'll humour you. If you're right, I'm going to be right there with you. The lion can have you for dinner and me for dessert.

• Like 5

If you can look at the world we live in today and state that things have not gotten measurably worse in every category of human interaction on a personal level then I feel you are deluded.

What almagest said. In what ways exactly have things gotten worse in 'every category of human interaction', and compared to when exactly? Ask gay people if things have gotten measurably worse in the last few decades.

I can't honestly say that society has gotten better, and don't disagree with much of what you say but counter it by asking have all of the religious theme parks and TV preachers in the USA made it better either? They are definetly deity fearing in the middle east and much of asia but do they lead more moral lives or act in a more moral fashion than we do, even though such displays as were seen on this show would no doubt be illegal there?

The mainstream of religion in this country today has become a watered down mixture of sociology and psychology and it lends itself to money making over trying to carry the message. Building bigger churches to get more people ($) coming in so they can build bigger churches. It's a business and I believe Christ would treat it the same as he did the money changers in the Temple of his day. I am not trying to compare cultures. I am speaking of what is happening within OUR culture here in the US and in the wider western world. As a matter of fact I hold the church and those who have taken it upon themselves to lead as teachers, the greatest share of blame for what is happening. It has been a slow, insidious process and it might have been delayed had more men and women of faith (including myself!) stood to denounce the filth that was creeping in. But we didn't and now it is rapidly moving in the wrong direction. Now the fight is to "occupy" til he returns. Not to try to force people to act or to shame them but simply to speak the truth as we know it and let all make their choice. I really do feel that some extraordinary surprises are in store for this generation. They want "virtual", they want "amazing"? They ain't seen NOTHIN' yet!
  • Like 2